anguis

TacOps Server

Hi, Phantom Six - yes, it's 1.96, Linux server (WGL).

WGL server is down for the time being - upgrading some hardware (adding hard drive, maybe more memory).

Edit: up and running

Edited by Anguis

Sorry, Phantom Six, I do not think you can. Basically, 1.96 involves Codemasters. 1.99 does not. Bohemia won't be going back down that route. I use Linux b/c it's easier to keep things up to date, legally, than with Windows in the Craigslist-Frankenstein computers I put together over time. If I end up with a Windows machine that I can update legally (probably this one I'm using now, if I build a more up-to-date machine), I might get a 1.99 server going. As it is, for multiplayer, I think you're doing fine if you're playing with CiA. Their games are A LOT more regular than what we have over here (although, when we do get something going here, it's fun, too) and they're the ones who really got me hooked on this game. Additionally, if you're okay with single player, grab FDF for your 1.99 setup. It's a lot of fun and I'm not sure A2 has something like it, yet (correct me if I'm wrong, guys; Tonal's fun, too). Alternatively, if it's still affordable (though, understandably, frustrating), grab 1.96 from Amazon. I bought GOTY copies for friends and family a few years back for about $12 for each copy. Today, I see it ranging from $0.01 to ~$5.

Edited by Anguis

Even if there is a FDF mod for A2, it's only some new units, not a total makeover of the game as OFP was.

The A2 mod which do the same to A2 as FDF did for OFP must be CWR2. Funny how nostalgic old-timers can get :blush:

Hi, OL, just saw your note (if you've sent PMs, let me know - box might be full, I need to clean it out). I haven't worked on updates in a while - the backup should be current, as far as I know.

Also, would you PM me the password to your A2 server?

Edited by Anguis

Hey Guys,

We should get together for a session one day!

Sounds good to me! Keep your eyes open. . .

Sounds good to me! Keep your eyes open. . .

Would be nice to get this going again.

In the meantime we're still holding coop sessions on my VetSquad server Friday and Saturday nights (US time zone)

Viking's getting OFP reinstalled (new computer, I think). When would be a good time to play?

Hi, folks,

I set up a test CWA TacOps WGL server. It's running in Windows 8 - I can't figure out how to get mods to work in WINE, yet (I will, though, and try to have it run through WINE in the future). I can see and play on it, locally. Can any of you see it?

Thanks,

Anguis

Hello Anguis,

I unfortunatelly cannot see your CWA TacOps WGL server :(

Neither through OFPMonitor, neither through ingame multiplayer browser.

Thanks, Icarus. I'll have to figure something else out. I have UDP ports 2302 and 2303 forwarded. Might need a few more and maybe something else to get it to work.

You CWA guys, I would have worked on this a lot earlier, but, when 1.99 was released, I had thought a Linux server release was imminent. As time went by, inertia kept things the way they have been. Anyone who can provide advice on this, I'm all ears!

Hey Anguis,

Try this:

Application: OFP External port: 2234 Internal port: 2234 Protocol: TCP/UDP

Application: OFP1 External port: 2235 Internal port: 2235 Protocol: TCP/UDP

Application: OFP11 Port range: 2300 - 2400 Protocol: TCP/UDP

This type of setup made me visisble on everything.

Thanks, man! I'll give it a go. One problem I did run into, though - the router admin system won't let me do port ranges.

You need the full range. OFP uses port+1 which means if you use 2302, then you need 2303 also. 2234 & 2235 I think is what made me showup on ofp monitor.

Hi, folks!

Sorry it's been a long time since I've said, "Hello!" I had had some trouble with the BIStudio Profile account transition earlier this year and didn't take the time to sort it all out until this morning. Hopefully, things are set well, now. I'll have the server back up in a bit (edit - it's up, if you're interested, let me know whether or not you can see it, thanks).

I hope you all have been well.

Catch you all, later!

Anguis

Edited by Anguis

We should play another game sometime, Anguis! I have to say work has been making it difficult, though.

Hi, Revan! Yeah, we need to get one going. I've been away from gaming for a while - it'll be nice to get in a little bit, here and there.

Hey guys - does this photo remind you of playing those multiplayer OFP missions, regrouping in disarray in a forest after hitting a target, with enemy in hot pursuit, conducting flanking maneuvers on our position:

image001.jpg

Edited by Marto

Hey Marto,

Ah the good old days :soldier:

Finally emerged from the outback...or the pub with deano in tow :drinking2:

What are you playing these days, if anything?