Sign in to follow this  
Swedge

Insurgency ACE - COOP/PVP 24 - Swedge

Hi Sickboy,

That's fine mate. We might just wait a bit first for it to 'soak' if that's cool, and make sure it all works fine. I'll PM you in a few weeks.

I understand Rocko is working on an ACE branch too, off Fireball's original Insurgency code.

Thanks for your time mate.

Cheers,

Swedge

---------- Post added at 05:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:14 AM ----------

Lol. Sounds awesome Betsalel. Yeah we saw some Opfor doing the whole 'lean-out' behind cover thing and you'd swear they were human if you didn't know better :) Get's a bit creepy, Lol. They react with almost human PVP speed.

Ha, yeah. Even with all the awesome Blufor weapons kitted out, Opfor still give them a real run for their money at the moment - even before the humans show up :) There's no place for casually jogging down the main-street popping into buildings without support, expecting to be able to draw your weapon faster than Opfor do. They will eat you for breakfast. Blufor either work with their team and use theirs noggins or they get corpsed :)

Yeah I've seen people park the HQ in the hangar before and I always think, "Good luck trying to fly that out" ;)

That reminds me - one time, as Opfor, I saw the Blufor mobile HQ driving past on the horizon. I was able to run alongside it through cover and lay waiting in the grass. When the driver got out I managed to shoot him with a Lee Enfield in the few seconds before he was able to deploy the HQ. Then I ran up and stole the Blufor mobile HQ. It was hilarious. The problem was: I was laughing so hard that I didn't notice the HQ main gun needed reloading. I managed to take some of them down but eventually they opened up on me with HE rounds and it was all over :)

Anyway, no worries mate. Thanks again for your post. Have fun!

Cheers,

Swedge

Heya Swedge! Thanks for the response.

LOL, yeah tell me about it. Seems like the RPG's and MG's find me more than I find the people firing them at me, haha. The one night we were parked on top of a hill overlooking a small complex we had to clear and secure. We must have spent a good 15+ minutes tucked behind a rock and the humvee in one of the best firefights I've had in ages. We were dropping like flies and I was loving every moment in some sort of twisted way. And I don't know if it's ACE, the new beta's or what--but noticed a change with the AI playing this where they'll wait behind walls and stuff until you come close enough then they just peek out around the corners and take a few pot-shots and then tuck back in....sneaky bastards!

And it's crazy how all it takes is for 1 human player to go onto the Opfor side and disrupt everything. Hard enough with the AI being fierce and sneaky, but then when you have a player sniping every one of us, makes you snap and grow all the more paranoid, lol.

I'll definitely check out the new one and keep an eye on that little bug I mentioned. Thanks for the response and an ever bigger thank you for putting keeping it updated for us all to enjoy. Can't stress enough how much fun I have playing it. Just last night one of ours put the HQ into a hangar and when one of the others tried flying the chopper out, it hit the hangar taking not only the chopper out, but every one of us and the hangar itself with it. One of the members was on the Opfor side just asked what that huge explosion was, LOL.

Thanks again mate!

I would like to ask you to port the ACE version for Fallujah map.

please)

I played this last night with a couple of people and it was pretty fun, apart from the fact we got horribly owned.

I was wondering, is there a Zagrabad version planned? If not, how hard do you think it would be for someone to apply the ACE stuff to the Zagrabad version of Fireballs version?

I'm hosting Insurgency missions on my server. I put all insurgency missions, and maps on the server. Here is the info. Super fast server with great ping.

74.63.54.119:2302

NYC Fragment -Insurgency-

Swedge,

Heya again mate! We just got done trying out the newest update. Unfortunately the loadout bug still seems present. No one else had a LMG on my team (in fact once before I even tested this when I was all alone in my own squad) and soon as I took the M249 and hit "Save" I had the M249, but the loadout menu reverted my loadout back to an M4 and 30rnd Mags. So when I died, I would respawn back with a M4.

I hope I'm not being a pain in the arse, and to be fair it's something I find as only a minor thing as it doesn't break the mission or ruin the fun. Perhaps its the game's way of telling me to get off my lazy butt and stop always using it every time. What frustrates me is after getting the M249 finally, one of our guys who takes a slot on the Opfor side tends to RPG me right after I say "Alrighty, ready to go!", LOL.

We got him back tonight because he didn't have NVG's, so we kept shooting out all the street lights and stuff. Worked nicely right up until our chopper was RPG'ed out of the air and landed next to me. It was as if someone put a giant spotlight on me and all of a sudden enemy mg's opened right up and killed me before I could mutter a "Ohhhh craaaap!" :p

So yeah, while that lil' bug is still rearing its head up, the game is far from being any less fun for us. Just wanted to let you know that so far it's still buzzing around. It'll just force me to learn to play a lot smarter once I manage to get a hold of one. :D

G'day mate!

No worries. Thanks for following up with me.

Not a pain in the arse at all. Do you have the Steam version of Arma? Or do you have only Operation Arrowhead but no Arma 2? I'll certainly make it a priority to try sort that out one way or another.

LOL. Sorry to hear about the RPGs :) Happy hunting!

Thanks for your time.

Cheers,

Swedge

Swedge,

Heya again mate! We just got done trying out the newest update. Unfortunately the loadout bug still seems present. No one else had a LMG on my team (in fact once before I even tested this when I was all alone in my own squad) and soon as I took the M249 and hit "Save" I had the M249, but the loadout menu reverted my loadout back to an M4 and 30rnd Mags. So when I died, I would respawn back with a M4.

I hope I'm not being a pain in the arse, and to be fair it's something I find as only a minor thing as it doesn't break the mission or ruin the fun. Perhaps its the game's way of telling me to get off my lazy butt and stop always using it every time. What frustrates me is after getting the M249 finally, one of our guys who takes a slot on the Opfor side tends to RPG me right after I say "Alrighty, ready to go!", LOL.

We got him back tonight because he didn't have NVG's, so we kept shooting out all the street lights and stuff. Worked nicely right up until our chopper was RPG'ed out of the air and landed next to me. It was as if someone put a giant spotlight on me and all of a sudden enemy mg's opened right up and killed me before I could mutter a "Ohhhh craaaap!" :p

So yeah, while that lil' bug is still rearing its head up, the game is far from being any less fun for us. Just wanted to let you know that so far it's still buzzing around. It'll just force me to learn to play a lot smarter once I manage to get a hold of one. :D

G'day mate!

No worries. Thanks for following up with me.

Not a pain in the arse at all. Do you have the Steam version of Arma? Or do you have only Operation Arrowhead but no Arma 2? I'll certainly make it a priority to try sort that out one way or another.

LOL. Sorry to hear about the RPGs :) Happy hunting!

Thanks for your time.

Cheers,

Swedge

Heya mate. I have the the DVD versions of ArmA and OA. Latest beta patch currently as well. As far as PMC and BAF stuff in case if you are wondering as well, just running the lite version currently that comes free with the patches. I tried it again today and at first it had me thinking it resolved itself because I was able to grab the M249 and nothing changed at first when I hit save, but as i was about to type that the bug was gone--Surprise! The picture changed to a M4 and 30 rnd mags for next time I respawn. Hahaha. Still, it's forcing me to learn to shoot better since I no longer get to rely on a 200round drum to hit one guy running past me, LOL (don't ask! :p )

Thanks for looking into this though, Swedge. Appreciate it for sure. :D

Disregard. Checking server bug.

Edited by Swedge

G'day mate :)

OK, I see. I had a look and it seems like that issue is in Fireball's original version and I suspect Pogoman's before that.

With any gear 'limited' weapons, when you respawn you lose the limited weapon. I assume this may have been deliberately coded in this way to prevent people from 'hogging' the best weapons :)

It may be more or less noticeable in other versions of Insurgency depending on which weapons are set as 'limited'. In my previous version, the M249 was. In the new version, this limitation will be removed (for a number of reasons) so you'll now respawn with your loadout-saved M249 instead of defaulting back to an M4 :)

Thanks again for your time Betsalel! Happy Hunting!

Cheers,

Swedge

Heya mate. I have the the DVD versions of ArmA and OA. Latest beta patch currently as well. As far as PMC and BAF stuff in case if you are wondering as well, just running the lite version currently that comes free with the patches. I tried it again today and at first it had me thinking it resolved itself because I was able to grab the M249 and nothing changed at first when I hit save, but as i was about to type that the bug was gone--Surprise! The picture changed to a M4 and 30 rnd mags for next time I respawn. Hahaha. Still, it's forcing me to learn to shoot better since I no longer get to rely on a 200round drum to hit one guy running past me, LOL (don't ask! :p )

Thanks for looking into this though, Swedge. Appreciate it for sure. :D

Edited by Swedge

Swedge,

Ah greats news, mate. Glad to hear you were able to narrow down the cause! I'll definitely will certainly look forward to the next update down the road. Thanks again for taking the time to look into it and tracking down the little bugger that was the culprit. Much appreciated. It's starting to get to the point where I just can't get enough of this and don't want to play much of anything else. :D

Besides, nothing like playing this and having RPG's whizzing past my ass to forget about my sore mouth after having my wisdom tooth yanked, lol.

Thanks again, Swedge!

All the best,

John

Excellent work Swedge! I've been having avery good time on the AEF servers with this map.

Insurgency with ACE is vastly improved over it's original brilliance.

(Thank god too as if I see another Domination map I'm going to lose it!)

Seeing as your working to the broader picture/map, I might have a go at improving the loadout dialog if you don't mind? Specifically the integration of preloading a backpacks and incorporating weight/cc restrictions etc.

However don't bet on me to do this as I'm pretty lazy now-a-days and haven't done scripting etc since OFP and CTI.

Could I make a small request that batteries be added for the range finders etc? Lack of batteries doesn't seem to effect the Kestrel.

EDIT: Batteries for the Range Finder are available, but as ammo to add and not as a separate item i.e. I'm blind!

Technicals would be nice, and so would ACRE. But the ACRE only really fun if your having an organised night with a friendly TS3 server. Maybe an ACRE variant?

Edited by mad rabbit

v1p1.jpg

Thanks for your continued support and feedback on this mission. Greatly appreciated.

New version uploaded!

Download from:

http://www.swedgey.com/insurgency0_75_ace_swedge.takistan.zip

v1.1 (9 April 2011)

* Changed: Humvee's replaced with replaced with M1114 CROWS versions (Common Remotely Operated Weapon System). In the gunner seat, press the + key on the numpad 3 or 4 times to access thermals.

* Changed: Opfor armour replaced with weapon-mounted Pickups and Offroads

* Added: M224 60mm mortars and baseplates. Mortars and baseplates can be saved from the loadout but not the mortar rounds. Each HumV has some non-respawnable mortar rounds in their cargo. At the deployed HQ next to the field hospital is a mortar pit and ordnance box containing mortar equipment and mortar rounds. Those mortar rounds respawn every 5 minutes (Cheers Delta). Artillery computer is turned off, you will need to use T and E adjustments and range tables.

* Added: 7 empty non-respawn civilian vehicles (Yamaha, Pickup, Lada) placed at gas stations throughout Takistan

* Removed: Fireteam limits on some weapons.

* Fixed: Drag exploit with some items

* Changed: Mission parameter option for 'Enable Insurgency Markers' set to True as default

* Changed: Default date changed to provide several moonlit nights

* Added: To HumV gear loadouts - Rangefinder batteries, Claymores, flashbangs

* Added: Rangefinder batteries now added to Loadout as individual items in addition to sub-item of Rangefinder

* Be advised: Mission is intended for server.armaprofile difficulty as Veteran, Mercenary etc

* Known Issue: Loadout tool does not allow you to pack individual items into your actual ACE ruck and Save those pack choices or view IFAK (Improved First Aid Kit). However, the ACE rucks themselves and any other gear you choose will be saved. Outside of the Loadout screen these all function as per usual and your Blufor IFAK is pre-loaded with Saved medical supplies.

* Known Issue: Seems that if AI Difficulty is set to 9 or 10 in Mission Parameters that some AI Opfor may ignore Blufor units. Will continue to confirm/investigate this. In the mean-time, perhaps leave difficulty at 8 (I have set this as Default).

---------- Post added at 11:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:45 AM ----------

Ha. Cheers mate. No worries at all.

Hope your tooth is feeling better now :)

Swedge,

Ah greats news, mate. Glad to hear you were able to narrow down the cause! I'll definitely will certainly look forward to the next update down the road. Thanks again for taking the time to look into it and tracking down the little bugger that was the culprit. Much appreciated. It's starting to get to the point where I just can't get enough of this and don't want to play much of anything else. :D

Besides, nothing like playing this and having RPG's whizzing past my ass to forget about my sore mouth after having my wisdom tooth yanked, lol.

Thanks again, Swedge!

All the best,

John

---------- Post added at 11:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:46 AM ----------

Cheers Rabbit! Yeah it's been good to see you on the server.

By all means have a look at the loadout dialog and see what you can come up with. Feel free to contribute as well to Fireball's original Insurgency code or other variations if you come up with anything.

http://dev-heaven.net/projects/insurgency/issues

Yeah mate the batteries are a sub-item you can choose at the bottom-left when you click the Rangefinder. However, to make this even easier I have also added them as a separate item listed in the Loadout.

Opfor armour has been replaced with pickups etc.

May look at ACRE one day. We'll see how we go.

Thanks for your time, Rabbit. Happy hunting mate.

Excellent work Swedge! I've been having avery good time on the AEF servers with this map.

Insurgency with ACE is vastly improved over it's original brilliance.

(Thank god too as if I see another Domination map I'm going to lose it!)

Seeing as your working to the broader picture/map, I might have a go at improving the loadout dialog if you don't mind? Specifically the integration of preloading a backpacks and incorporating weight/cc restrictions etc.

However don't bet on me to do this as I'm pretty lazy now-a-days and haven't done scripting etc since OFP and CTI.

Could I make a small request that batteries be added for the range finders etc? Lack of batteries doesn't seem to effect the Kestrel.

Technicals would be nice, and so would ACRE. But the ACRE only really fun if your having an organised night with a friendly TS3 server. Maybe an ACRE variant?

Heya mate, bit slow in responding (just got over a stupid stomach flu, ugh!), but I just wanted to post and say great job. It's all working flawlessly for us now. No more weird M249 bug during loadout choosing. Woohoo! Thanks for fixing it, bud. Appreciate it. :D

Hey man, thanks allot for converting this to ACE and improving it so well.

We're a small Israeli tactical clan and we simply love your mission, it's our most played ever since we found it, Even more than War in Takistan. Been playing if for 5-8 hours every day for the past week.

It's simply great how this mission captures the sense of a real battlefield and puts it into ArmA 2.

We have some suggestions to make if you don't mind-

Add all the ACE weapons. (Or maybe just all the US weapons)

Put the regular loadout menu.

Add some variety to the vehicles (Different Humvees, maybe a little bird?)

Maybe add civilians? Will prevent people from just spamming 40mm grenades, mortars and other such goodies at towns, and will make your play more careful. (Just like there are civilians in PR!)

And I guess if I think of anything else I'll tell you. :P

So again, love your mission, keep up the good work!

Edited by Hayes

Heya mate, bit slow in responding (just got over a stupid stomach flu, ugh!), but I just wanted to post and say great job. It's all working flawlessly for us now. No more weird M249 bug during loadout choosing. Woohoo! Thanks for fixing it, bud. Appreciate it. :D

Ha. No worries mate. Sounds like you're having a bit of a bad run between your teeth and your stomach :) Hang in there :)

Thanks for the feedback. Much appreciated.

Hey man, thanks allot for converting this to ACE and improving it so well.

We're a small Israeli tactical clan and we simply love your mission, it's our most played ever since we found it, Even more than War in Takistan. Been playing if for 5-8 hours every day for the past week.

It's simply great how this mission captures the sense of a real battlefield and puts it into ArmA 2.

We have some suggestions to make if you don't mind-

Add all the ACE weapons. (Or maybe just all the US weapons)

Put the regular loadout menu.

Add some variety to the vehicles (Different Humvees, maybe a little bird?)

Maybe add civilians? Will prevent people from just spamming 40mm grenades, mortars and other such goodies at towns, and will make your play more careful. (Just like there are civilians in PR!)

And I guess if I think of anything else I'll tell you. :P

So again, love your mission, keep up the good work!

Thanks Hayes! Can't tell you how chuffed I am to hear you're playing it in Israel. Much respect.

Also, used to do Krav Maga.

My ACE-edit just stands on the shoulders of Pogoman and Fireball who did all the great work developing the original Insurgency missions.

When I first started working on the mission I had intended to just literally add every ACE weapon and gear item known to man :)

But I decided that I would 'keep it real' and have tried to do background research on every weapon provided to players, to ensure there's at least half-a-chance that they might actually get access to one in real-life :) (relative to the side, eg. US Army).

It also keeps the loadout menu quicker and less buggy.

If there's particular weapons you're hanging out for, post them up and I'll look into them.

I suspect that replacing the loadout menu would be a fair bit of work unfortunately. Is there particular features that you're missing out on, with the current loadout menu?

I experimented with different vehicle types but ultimately decided that the CROWS HumV's seem to keep Insurgency infantry-focused rather than armour-focused. But the thermals and T&E adjustments also give Blufor a bit of the technology edge that you'd expect. As Blufor we find that we have a very hard time with Opfor on Veteran or Mercenary too, so I figure that anything less effective than CROWS HumV's would drive Blufor players away. Different vehicles also often seems to mean more work required on the respawn-on-player code to prevent guys from respawning in the dust left behind by their mates who are driving off into the sunset :) I'm fascinated by the Little Birds and had considered them but they have a lot less seats and seem to be mainly used by special operations.

I'd love to have civilians too and have already submitted a feature ticket on this for Fireball's original Insurgency mission http://dev-heaven.net/issues/18104. Some people have put them in but just as scenery, ie it doesn't matter if you kill them, which isn't ideal in my opinion. Ideally, there'd be some punishment or lost opportunity to Blufor if they kill civilians. And you would have to detect whether it is indeed Blufor who killed them (or Opfor would kill them just to mess with Blufor :) ).

The other thing is, it would make gameplay even harder for Blufor than it is now (ie already extremely hard) ;)

In my latest version mortar-spam shouldn't be the issue that it is in some vanilla Insurgency games. Mortar-rounds are limited and there's no artillery computer - you have to use a spotter, range-tables and T&E adjustments etc.

Would love to hear anything else you can think of, or bugs. Thank you for your time mate.

Happy hunting!

Thanks for your reply man, appreciate it.

Some weapons I'm missing are the holo m203, maybe the holo x4, m14 acog and other such goodies which I miss so dearly.

One of the problems with the new loadout is that you can't click let's say on something already in your gear to find it in the list and add it. I think you should leave it to double clicking to remove something from your gear.

I'm not saying remove the CROW mk19 altogether, they are great help to us in the battlefield, but some variety would be nice, like different HUMVEEs. Regarding the little birds, I would love it if we could attack a town from one side with infantry and HUMVEEs and have a little bird drop a squad right at their back, which would be much easier than using a blackhawk that gets shotdown pretty fast. :P

The civillians are excellent, can't wait!

And well, we have a designated mortar squad that already mastered the manual mortar firing, so I guess we should just enjoy that since they managed to master it so well. :)

One thing I thought abot is.. Would it be too hard to convert your mission to Fallujah? It's one of our favourite maps and would be perfect for Insurgency! (Considering it's already in PR)

Thanks for the replies again. :D

Edited by Hayes

Thanks alot Swedge , for the outstanding work !!!

We just cant stop playing it man :)

Cant wait for the update...

Hello Mate!

I have got to say that your Mission is amazing!!

We love it so much and we are playing it every day!

Can you please add to the loadout a weapons that have NV scope,thats will be great!

And allso if you can add to the mortars box the: 81mm mortar.

Thank you for working this amazing mission.

Very Very good job!

Edited by -FusioN-

Oh yeah , pls add some more weapons to the loadout (ACE weapons) .

And if u can , also change the gear loadout, couse we got some issues with the backpacks... We can't change the Backpack contents wile in the Loadout gear menu...

And when i'm trying to put something in the backpack (click on the magazine and click on the "pack" button) it's not working.

Also if u can add to the radio option "Disable grass" ,it will be great ! :)

Overall EXELENT JOB mate , much appreciation , keep on the good work !!!

p.s

We got something strange when trying to respawn on other players , sometimes u spawn wounded, and sometimes u cant respawn at all (its like u wounded in the spactator mod, and u cant chose place or player to respawn ), then u have to respawn againg and wait another 30 sec...

One more thing, is there any chance that u can add "Rollforword" script like in the "War In Takistan" mission ?

And big icon for Teamkillers ? :)

Edited by Psycho5101

When changing position in the HUMVEE say from gunner to driver, it kicks you into third person view.

Overall, we just love the mission. GREAT JOB!