Sign in to follow this  
Swedge

Insurgency ACE - COOP/PVP 24 - Swedge

SwedgeInsurgencyACE.jpg

Background:

I edited this mission as a personal side-project to try and add my two favourite things together - Fireball's Insurgency (see my Guide) and the ACE mod, and have been running it on personal and clan servers. It's my first foray into mission-editing and I wasn't even sure if it would work. To my surprise, other servers have already started copying the mission and running it themselves - which is fine with me. So I figure I'd better publish it here properly and we'll see how we go :) If there's any game-breaking bugs in it that I can't fix, or I get bored, we'll pretend this never happened ;)

Description:

ACE conversion/edit of Fireball's awesome Insurgency mission (v0.75), with some additional changes based on personal preference and experiences writing my Sneaky Bastard Guide. The original Insurgency mission by Pogoman was awarded Best Mission / Campaign Of The Year in the 2010 Bohemia Interactive Community Awards.

Insurgency is "some 'Blackhawk Down' shit" - a molotov cocktail of fast-paced, nail-biting, brutal street-fighting and leisurely long-range war-mongering with mixed Co-Op and PVP gameplay. When OPFOR units are killed, some will drop silver briefcases. Every briefcase that is collected by BLUFOR reveals another map clue showing the rough distance to an ammo cache. BLUFOR then need to locate and destroy these ammo caches with a satchel or other explosives. BLUFOR units spawn at base or off of their team-members whereas human OPFOR can jump into different OPFOR AI units. OPFOR's objective is to prevent BLUFOR from achieving theirs. More mission instructions available in the in-game Notes.

Features:

* Takistan map with US Army

* More difficult, brutal, and realistic gameplay - Harden up son!

* ACE Wounding surprises - Is that bad guy dead or unconscious?

* M18A1 anti-personnel claymore mines, C4 explosives, tripwire and command-detonated buryable IED's

* Realistic wind-deflection and Kestrel wind-meters, Blufor sniper rifles and spotting scopes

* Variety of ACE weapons and gear actually used by U.S. forces

* Flash-bang stun grenades that can temporarily distract and disorient enemy

* Human Opfor can jump into AI Opfor vehicles

* Lots of great automatic ACE features including ACE Wounding, AI improvements, AI talk, vehicle radio sounds, blood trails, combat deafness, realistic weapon muzzle velocity, overheating, jamming, rangefinding devices, stamina, etc

* Opfor Anti-Air infantry

* Limited Opfor NVG's

Installation:

Extract the .pbo file(s) to your Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead\MP missions folder for multiplayer/coop.

Known issues:

* BE ADVISED: This mission is intended for server.armaprofile difficulty at Veteran, Mercenary etc

* Loadout tool does not allow you to pack individual items into your actual ACE ruck and Save those pack choices or view IFAK (Improved First Aid Kit). However, the ACE rucks themselves and any other gear you choose will be saved. Outside of the Loadout screen these all function as per usual and your Blufor IFAK is pre-loaded with Saved medical supplies.

* Seems that if AI Difficulty is set to 9 or 10 in Mission Parameters that some AI Opfor will ignore Blufor units. Will continue to confirm/investigate this. In the mean-time, perhaps leave difficulty at 8 (I have set this as Default).

Changelog:

v1.1 (9 April 2011)

* Changed: Humvee's replaced with replaced with M1114 CROWS versions (Common Remotely Operated Weapon System). In the gunner seat, press the + key on the numpad 3 or 4 times to access thermals.

* Changed: Opfor armour replaced with weapon-mounted Pickups and Offroads

* Added: M224 60mm mortars and baseplates. Mortars and baseplates can be saved from the loadout but not the mortar rounds. Each HumV has some non-respawnable mortar rounds in their cargo. At the deployed HQ next to the field hospital is a mortar pit and ordnance box containing mortar equipment and mortar rounds. Those mortar rounds respawn every 5 minutes (Cheers Delta). Artillery computer is turned off, you will need to use T and E adjustments and range tables.

* Added: 7 empty non-respawn civilian vehicles (Yamaha, Pickup, Lada) placed at gas stations throughout Takistan

* Removed: Fireteam limits on some weapons.

* Fixed: Drag exploit with some items

* Changed: Mission parameter option for 'Enable Insurgency Markers' set to True as default

* Changed: Default date changed to provide several moonlit nights

* Added: To HumV gear loadouts - Rangefinder batteries, Claymores, flashbangs

* Added: Rangefinder batteries now added to Loadout as individual items in addition to sub-item of Rangefinder

* Be advised: Mission is intended for server.armaprofile difficulty as Veteran, Mercenary etc

* Known Issue: Loadout tool does not allow you to pack individual items into your actual ACE ruck and Save those pack choices or view IFAK (Improved First Aid Kit). However, the ACE rucks themselves and any other gear you choose will be saved. Outside of the Loadout screen these all function as per usual and your Blufor IFAK is pre-loaded with Saved medical supplies.

* Known Issue: Seems that if AI Difficulty is set to 9 or 10 in Mission Parameters that some AI Opfor may ignore Blufor units. Will continue to confirm/investigate this. In the mean-time, perhaps leave difficulty at 8 (I have set this as Default).

v1.0 (24 March 2011)

* Bug fixed: Opfor who moved within 400m of Blufor HQ were being teleported closer to Blufor HQ.

v0.9 (24 March 2011)

* ACE Wounding and Medical System Implemented

Medical sequence: Bandage, Epinephrine, Morphine, Medkit

-- All units can self-apply bandages to stop bleeding if they are not too badly injured

-- All Blufor units can use epinephrine and morphine to maintain consciousness and reduce pain (moaning and red-screen)

-- Only Medics can use Medkits to restore you to full health in the field

* Added: Once a Blufor unit uses the Loadout they will automatically Save earplugs in their gear and 2 bandages, 2 epinephrine, 2 morphine in their IFAK (Improved First Aid Kit), even though they will not see these at the Loadout screen.

* Added: Blufor HumV's now have bandages, epinephrine, morphine, medkits, in their cargo.

* Changed: Saved Blufor Loadouts will now always be restored when Blufor respawn, regardless of how far away they are from HQ (previously 50m)

* Added: Blufor Crew-Served-Weapons - Mk19 grenade launcher, M2 machine gun

* Added: Randomly, up to 25% of Opfor may have Night Vision Googles

* Changed: Opfor who move within 400m of Blufor HQ will now be teleported 10m away instead of 600m.

* Added: Blufor gear option for 'ACE CharliePack ACU Medic'

* Removed: Some Blufor Patrol Packs from gear Loadout.

* Changed: Blufor medic units now 'US Soldier' instead of 'US Delta Force'

* Added: Blufor Chemlights - Red, Green, White, Yellow, Blue, Infrared

* Added: Cache image to briefing notes.

* Known Issue: Loadout tool does not allow you to pack individual items into your actual ACE ruck and Save those pack choices or view IFAK (Improved First Aid Kit). However, the ACE rucks themselves and any other gear you choose will be saved. Outside of the Loadout screen these all function as per usual and your Blufor IFAK is pre-loaded with Saved medical supplies.

* Known Issue: Seems that if AI Difficulty is set to 9 or 10 in Mission Parameters that some AI Opfor will ignore Blufor units. Will continue to confirm/investigate this. In the mean-time, perhaps leave difficulty at 8 (I have set this as Default).

* Known Issue: Blufor fireteam leader map markers sometimes disappear. Note that most Blufor players will not have map markers. I have no plans to correct this at this time as it's more realistic anyway. Use your DAGR and GPS and learn to read a map :)

v0.8 (15 March 2011)

* Variety of ACE gear options added to Blufor - including Kestrel windmeter, HuntIR, spotting scope, flashbangs, claymores, C4, more sniper rifles and javelins etc

* Blufor helicopter is now normal instead of remote-controlled

* Blufor bags (M252, etc) removed

* Blufor CAS support removed

* Opfor static rooftop weapons removed

* Autokick removed for Opfor 'stacking'

* Opfor now have Anti-Air infantry

* Human Opfor may be able to assume control of Opfor AI armour

* Briefing tweaks

* Be advised, ACE wounding is not in-effect

* This version intended for Expert difficulty or higher

v??

- Multiple test versions running on private or AEF CTB servers, implementing most of the features listed at top. Some people have already copied/edited this mission and begun using it.

Credits & Thanks

This ACE edit by Swedge www.swedgey.com with support from AEF CTB http://aef-ctb.blogspot.com and AusArma http://www.ausarma.org

Mission by pogoman, revised and further developed by Fireball at http://dev-heaven.net/projects/insurgency/

Huge thanks to Fireball for all his great work. Please continue to support, promote, and submit bug/feature tickets for Fireball's Insurgency.

Insurgency is based on the gamemode created by Project Reality (an excellent realism mod for battlefield 2).

The patrolling AI vehicles use Kronzy's fantastic Urban Patrol Script (UPS).

The gear respawn dialog is a heavily modified version of the one used in Warfare - Benny edition.

Requirements

Arma 2 and Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead, British Armed Forces Downloadable Content

A.C.E. Mod for Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead.

Download:

http://www.swedgey.com/insurgency0_75_ace_swedge.takistan.zip

Edited by Swedge
Posted v1.1 then removed.

Thanks! :bounce3:

This will get tested today and I will leave some feedback... been looking for this (Insurgency + ACE).

EDIT - Of course a big thanks to Fireball for continuing the project, I forgot to mention that...

Edited by Mosh

Awesome, I hope you won't mind me tweaking it :)

Just a little question - is there a reason why the ACE medical system is not active?I just threw in the modules and it appears to work

EDIT:

I made a slightly modified version of this one, I removed the standard medical system and replaced it with ACE medical system[medkits only medic rest everyone else], forced group markers off, ACRE radios. swapped the BH for DAGR LB and changed some weapons.

Anyway if anyone wants it:

http://rapidshare.com/files/452741562/COOPTvT_insurgency0_75_ace_v1.takistan.pbo

Edited by ZZEZ

i been playing this mission for a few hours, its pretty damn good. the optempo is just amazing and the CQB is outmatched! a few things i personally think would make this even better.

* change the briefcase to a smaller object that makes it more difficult to see, maybe a map? > realism

* add the ace wounding system, but i see you are planning that already

* add AI CAS support, an a-10 that can only drop every 20-30 minutes (makes it more valuable)

* take out enemy armor, only put in technicals with machine guns (realism)

* add civilian module + civi vehicles > adds ROE to the mission.

* ied's would be nice ;)

* change the armory or gear select > is rather annoying right now

i know its a big list but i dont think it should be to hard to implement. cant wait for the next release, until then this mission will run on our server 24/7 ;)

thanks for the awesome game time!

i been playing this mission for a few hours, its pretty damn good. the optempo is just amazing and the CQB is outmatched! a few things i personally think would make this even better.

* change the briefcase to a smaller object that makes it more difficult to see, maybe a map? > realism

* add AI CAS support, an a-10 that can only drop every 20-30 minutes (makes it more valuable)

* ied's would be nice ;)

i know its a big list but i dont think it should be to hard to implement. cant wait for the next release, until then this mission will run on our server 24/7 ;)

This version is great, but I do agree with those 3 points above, especially the gear select. I haven't edited it because it's really almost perfect, and previous attempts at editing this mission failed... but I'm tempted to add a crate or something because I'm not so sure the gear selection works as intended.

But this is one of my 2 favorite missions to play right now. I also probably would have never tried this mission had I not stumbled on your guide in the first place... thanks!

No worries mate.

I'd love to have the ACE medical system active and that's my main priority at the moment. The original mission contains all sorts of existing wounding, drag, etc code and I assume they would interfere with each other. It would require some testing. We'll see how we go.

I prefer to force group markers off too :)

We don't really use ACRE at the moment but that might change down the track.

Thanks for your reply.

Awesome, I hope you won't mind me tweaking it :)

Just a little question - is there a reason why the ACE medical system is not active?I just threw in the modules and it appears to work

EDIT:

I made a slightly modified version of this one, I removed the standard medical system and replaced it with ACE medical system[medkits only medic rest everyone else], forced group markers off, ACRE radios. swapped the BH for DAGR LB and changed some weapons.

Anyway if anyone wants it:

http://rapidshare.com/files/452741562/COOPTvT_insurgency0_75_ace_v1.takistan.pbo

I kind of agree with that. Will have a think about it. It's a bit cheap at the moment. Pogoman's original mission ages back had interrogation of surrendered insurgents which was cool. But caused a variety of issues. And you don't see a lot of insurgents running around with shiny silver briefcases ;)

Most definitely.

Fireball's mission still has that or something like it. I just removed it because we tend not to use it, there's not much Opfor can do about it, and if it's used it can make it harder to find caches in all the rubble. It's just a personal preference. It doesn't especially worry me either way though. Shouldn't be hard for people to edit it back in again if they're keen.

Ideally I'd like to do that, and give Blufor a bit of armour, but only when civilians are included with a penalty for killing them. Then it models current US insurgency operations a bit closer. Then everyone gets to learn about armour moving with infantry support. At the moment it's flipped on it's head a bit with Opfor having some armour and Blufor having a ton of man-portable anti-armour weapons. I didn't mind that because I figure we all need more practice in anti-armour ACE weapons :)

If we're thinking soviet/afghanistan conflict, the mujahideen apparently had some armour from China. If we're modelling current-world afghanistan/iraq insurgency etc we're not really going to see Opfor armour.

Totally. Have already submitted a feature request ticket to Fireball about this. Should be good.

* ied's would be nice ;)

Opfor already have 2 IED's each mate :)

The advantages of it at the moment are that it features weapon-type limitations, and a save weapon system for units that respawn. We'll see where it goes though.

My pleasure. I'm a big fan of ACE and Insurgency so I thank the ACE crew and I thank Fireball (for current version) and Pogoman (for getting the ball rolling). I think Rocko might be working on an ACE Insurgency branch too, from Fireball's code, so I look forward to that too.

Thanks Mosh mate :) I've seen you in-game a few times. Good to see ya :)

I have a couple of issues with the gear selection as well, but they're a bit hard to put my finger on. It's probably my fault too. If we can get specific about what bugs or weirdness occurs with it, if any, we can probably figure out how to fix it in either my code or the original (depending on where it is).

This version is great, but I do agree with those 3 points above, especially the gear select. I haven't edited it because it's really almost perfect, and previous attempts at editing this mission failed... but I'm tempted to add a crate or something because I'm not so sure the gear selection works as intended.

But this is one of my 2 favorite missions to play right now. I also probably would have never tried this mission had I not stumbled on your guide in the first place... thanks!

We were playing on the server my edited version of this mission, I can confirm that my edit completely took out the standard medical system..it wasn't hard as I expected it to be, just remember to take it off the mainloop aswell :)

with the gear, we noticed you cant use the ruck sacks, and my buddy ended up with the wrong weapons. he selected a saw but got an m4 holo

EDIT: and thanks for the detailed reply, looking forward to future release

Cool. Will have a play-around with it soon :) Cheers mate. I've got a partial ACE medical version already but haven't been able to test it yet.

We were playing on the server my edited version of this mission, I can confirm that my edit completely took out the standard medical system..it wasn't hard as I expected it to be, just remember to take it off the mainloop aswell :)

---------- Post added at 11:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:45 AM ----------

No worries mate. Thanks for your post.

I haven't tested the rucks much. The default bags from vanilla Insurgency seemed to work OK but I'll have another play with it.

Will do some more tests with the weapon spawn. It might be because the particular SAW is a limited weapon and another player might have it or if you died with it you won't be able to choose it until the next respawn after that (if it's still available). But will have a look.

Thanks for your time mate.

with the gear, we noticed you cant use the ruck sacks, and my buddy ended up with the wrong weapons. he selected a saw but got an m4 holo

EDIT: and thanks for the detailed reply, looking forward to future release

One of the biggest issues is the ACE backpack system, if we could somehow integrate it in to the gear script that would be great so you don't have to save - put it on the back and then do the loadout again, each time you save the loadout it deletes your bandages/morphine/epin - another thing that needs tackling IMO

I tried having a look at the loadout script but its really beyond my knowledge, I had a look at the ACE Warfare thread and the ACE backpack system is already integrated in to it, we just need someone to implement it in to Insurgency.

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=110967

7b

- ALL NEW! ACE gear purchase interface supporting ACE rucks and weapon-on-back, all part of your respawn loadout

Hi Guys,

I have a new version with ACE Wounding and other improvements. Should be able to release it in about 4 days.

Cheers,

Swedge

v0.9.jpg

Thanks for your support and feedback guys. Seems like there's about 9 public servers running this mission almost 24/7.

Please continue supporting both Fireball's Insurgency and ACE too.

New version uploaded!

v0.9 (24 March 2011)

* ACE Wounding and Medical System Implemented

Medical sequence: Bandage, Epinephrine, Morphine, Medkit

-- All units can self-apply bandages to stop bleeding if they are not too badly injured

-- All Blufor units can use epinephrine and morphine to maintain consciousness and reduce pain (moaning and red-screen)

-- Only Medics can use Medkits to restore you to full health in the field

* Added: Once a Blufor unit uses the Loadout they will automatically Save earplugs in their gear and 2 bandages, 2 epinephrine, 2 morphine in their IFAK (Improved First Aid Kit), even though they will not see these at the Loadout screen.

* Added: Blufor HumV's now have bandages, epinephrine, morphine, medkits, in their cargo.

* Changed: Saved Blufor Loadouts will now always be restored when Blufor respawn, regardless of how far away they are from HQ (previously 50m)

* Added: Blufor Crew-Served-Weapons - Mk19 grenade launcher, M2 machine gun

* Added: Randomly, up to 25% of Opfor may have Night Vision Googles

* Changed: Opfor who move within 400m of Blufor HQ will now be teleported 10m away instead of 600m.

* Added: Blufor gear option for 'ACE CharliePack ACU Medic'

* Removed: Some Blufor Patrol Packs from gear Loadout.

* Changed: Blufor medic units now 'US Soldier' instead of 'US Delta Force'

* Added: Blufor Chemlights - Red, Green, White, Yellow, Blue, Infrared

* Added: Cache image to briefing notes.

* Known Issue: Seems that if AI Difficulty is set to 9 or 10 in Mission Parameters that some AI Opfor will ignore Blufor units. Will continue to confirm/investigate this. In the mean-time, perhaps leave difficulty at 8 (I have set this as Default).

* Known Issue: Blufor fireteam leader map markers sometimes disappear. Note that most Blufor players will not have map markers. I have no plans to correct this at this time as it's more realistic anyway. Use your DAGR and GPS and learn to read a map :)

Edited by Swedge

Awesome! Can't wait to give this a try. This is by far my absolute favorite mission to play with my group. Never a dull moment. Just wish I could kill the OPFOR more than they kill me lately, lol.

I was curious about the loadout tweaks...now up until now if I would manually take a M249 or say a M240 and click to save the loadout, it would switch to a M4 but with the m249/m240 mag's. I still have my original choice, but if I die and respawn--I respawn with the M4 and m249 mag's. So with the fixes in place now, do you think that possible fixed this bug per chance?

Thanks for the update, will test tonight and tomorrow.

EDIT - have a 1.59 beta server up if anyone wants to test it out tonight

Edited by Mosh

G'day mate,

Lol. Yeah Opfor AI are a real pain in the ass now :) We were playing the other night with guys going down ducking RPGs and MG fire pinging around us. Crazy shit. I think Blufor has the tools we just don't use them enough :) People get lazy. With the crew-served Mk19 and the HumV's, you could use T & E adjustments and a spotter to put rounds over a hill and onto the enemy 2km away. Or use a sniper/spotter team in the distance with wind-meter and spotting scope, providing overwatch for an assault element :) Blufor tactics will evolve hopefully :) People get used to falling back on Armour, CAS, or mortars to do all the destruction :)

I'm hoping this version will fix that issue you described mate or significantly reduce the chance of it happening. I think it's partly because the M249 is a limited weapon (one per team) and partly because of how saved loadouts previously didn't reload if you were too far from base (by design). Keep me updated on how you go with it though and worst comes to worse we'll maybe remove the weapon limits to workaround it.

Happy hunting!

Cheers,

Swedge

Awesome! Can't wait to give this a try. This is by far my absolute favorite mission to play with my group. Never a dull moment. Just wish I could kill the OPFOR more than they kill me lately, lol.

I was curious about the loadout tweaks...now up until now if I would manually take a M249 or say a M240 and click to save the loadout, it would switch to a M4 but with the m249/m240 mag's. I still have my original choice, but if I die and respawn--I respawn with the M4 and m249 mag's. So with the fixes in place now, do you think that possible fixed this bug per chance?

will be putting this mission on our server tonight (7sfg aowc server) if anybody wants to test it out as well. its as of lately the only mission we run, love it!

My apologies. There was a bug with Opfor who got too close to Blufor HQ.

This is now corrected.

v1.0 (24 March 2011)

* Bug fixed: Opfor who moved within 400m of Blufor HQ were being teleported closer to Blufor HQ.

Heya Swedge! Thanks for the response.

LOL, yeah tell me about it. Seems like the RPG's and MG's find me more than I find the people firing them at me, haha. The one night we were parked on top of a hill overlooking a small complex we had to clear and secure. We must have spent a good 15+ minutes tucked behind a rock and the humvee in one of the best firefights I've had in ages. We were dropping like flies and I was loving every moment in some sort of twisted way. And I don't know if it's ACE, the new beta's or what--but noticed a change with the AI playing this where they'll wait behind walls and stuff until you come close enough then they just peek out around the corners and take a few pot-shots and then tuck back in....sneaky bastards!

And it's crazy how all it takes is for 1 human player to go onto the Opfor side and disrupt everything. Hard enough with the AI being fierce and sneaky, but then when you have a player sniping every one of us, makes you snap and grow all the more paranoid, lol. :p

I'll definitely check out the new one and keep an eye on that little bug I mentioned. Thanks for the response and an ever bigger thank you for putting keeping it updated for us all to enjoy. Can't stress enough how much fun I have playing it. Just last night one of ours put the HQ into a hangar and when one of the others tried flying the chopper out, it hit the hangar taking not only the chopper out, but every one of us and the hangar itself with it. One of the members was on the Opfor side just asked what that huge explosion was, LOL.

Thanks again mate! :D

G'day mate,

Lol. Yeah Opfor AI are a real pain in the ass now :) We were playing the other night with guys going down ducking RPGs and MG fire pinging around us. Crazy shit.

Hey Swedge, thanks for the ACE mission!

Would you mind if we include it with ACE? Or perhaps wait some versions?

Cheers!