Sign in to follow this  
Reezo

SR5 Tactical IED Detection and Remote Det Script

btw, do you need to add some things in the IEDdetect_init.sqf?

// INIT

if (!isServer) exitWith{};

reezo_IEDdetect_debug = false; //make TRUE to turn on debug messages

publicVariable "reezo_IEDdetect_debug";

reezo_IEDdetect_busy = 0;

publicVariable "reezo_IEDdetect_busy";

reezo_IED_detector_objects = [];

publicVariable "reezo_IED_detector_objects";

reezo_IEDdetect_attachedIEDs = [];

publicVariable "reezo_IEDdetect_attachedIEDs";

reezo_IEDdetect_hostIEDs = [];

publicVariable "reezo_IEDdetect_hostIEDs";

reezo_IEDdetect_EODs = [eod1];

publicVariable "reezo_IEDdetect_EODs";

reezo_IEDdetect_beepers = [];

publicVariable "reezo_IEDdetect_beepers";

reezo_IEDdetect_EODvehicles = [];

publicVariable "reezo_IEDdetect_EODvehicles";

reezo_IEDdetect_cursorTarget = 0;

publicVariable "reezo_IEDdetect_cursorTarget";

reezo_IEDdetect_Targeters = [];

publicVariable "reezo_IEDdetect_Targeters";

reezo_IEDdetect_canFear = 1;

publicVariable "reezo_IEDdetect_canFear";

reezo_IEDdetect_initComplete = true;

publicVariable "reezo_IEDdetect_initComplete";

Reezo,

Well to cut a long story short I tried to be clever and use your scripts on mines. This was so that our Sappers could use your functions to disarm remotely. However I failed to get it to work and really feel that the ACE mines placed in the editor should be able to be disarmed, sadly they are not.

It would probably be quiet a large project to get them to be disableable (is that a word ?)

Where as your scripts do allow this.

EDIT - Whilst I am writing this I just realized our earlier conversations lead to a whole list of possible IED objects, maybe adding the ACE mine`s to that list would mean that we could use your disarm script with those models ? I failed to try this before - DOAH !

As I am in the middle of moving it maybe sometime before I get to that.

Reezo,

Well to cut a long story short I tried to be clever and use your scripts on mines. This was so that our Sappers could use your functions to disarm remotely. However I failed to get it to work and really feel that the ACE mines placed in the editor should be able to be disarmed, sadly they are not.

It would probably be quiet a large project to get them to be disableable (is that a word ?)

Where as your scripts do allow this.

EDIT - Whilst I am writing this I just realized our earlier conversations lead to a whole list of possible IED objects, maybe adding the ACE mine`s to that list would mean that we could use your disarm script with those models ? I failed to try this before - DOAH !

As I am in the middle of moving it maybe sometime before I get to that.

Hey man, I'm experimenting with this stuff for Mobareza. We should definitely pool our knowledge together so we can make things as miserable for the Reapers as possible.

Hope the move is going well!

I wanted to ask something Reezo, do you think you could at some point release a 'simpler' version of the script? it takes up 1.5mb of a mission and makes initialisation a pain in the ass for our server, it desync's for up to 10 minutes, then it will be fine with the mission I'm running, and JIP is a pain in the ass as well for the same reason, I have a mission that is 1.7mb, and this script is 1.5mb, and the little monitor in the bottom left takes up about 1.10mb of the script size, so I was wondering, could you maybe make a simplified version? It is really cool, but the main reason I use it for is the randomly generated IED's and the random suicide bombers, now I basically can't remove this script from the mission, as it is awesome, but it would still be almost as good in my opinion if you could create an extra version that instead of having the IED monitor, you just had the ability to defuse of you were designated EOD, and it always worked, so you go up to the bomb, it says defuse bomb in the action menu, you use that then maybe 10 seconds later the bomb is defused, would save a massive amount of file space, yet you could still have the awesome ambient IED's and bombers.

I am heading in the direction to make this entire script suite a mod, with the Nomad Tool being an object to have in the inventory, the Ambient Bombers and IEDs being modules etc.

It will use all the preprocessing and compiling features available to ArmA. There is a lot of code optimization to be done now that the entire thing seems to work as it is supposed to.

It will require a DH space, that is sure, and probably some more volunteer in scripting and coding, as well as modelling (low priority but still a necessity).

Thanks everyone!

Could you tell me please whats the name of the real life IED detection kit product, where the TDS Nomad PDA is used in the kit?

Could you tell me please whats the name of the real life IED detection kit product, where the TDS Nomad PDA is used in the kit?

I don't know if that is able to directly detect IEDs, in the game-world of mine, it does because it is interfaced with some kind of portable detector..maybe build a rucksack for it, too?

Anyway, the item:

Google Images Gallery

Is this script officially working on a dedicated server?

I don't know if that is able to directly detect IEDs, in the game-world of mine, it does because it is interfaced with some kind of portable detector..maybe build a rucksack for it, too?

Anyway, the item:

Google Images Gallery

Yes. I'm sure the Nomad is just a universal portable computer, and its connected to a detector array. The full kit can be seen here:

I'm just curious who produces it, and how is it actually used in the field.

Would the the ambient bombers work with the ambient civilians module or the MSOs civilian module?

Reezo, having the script as an addon sounds awesome, I will definetely try to encourage my clan to use it, I guess that should take a lot of the desync and file size out of the mission, plus way more could be possible, infact it would be pretty cool if it got added to ACE, but that is your choice.

Yes the modules will be compatible with BIS modules because the scripts are BIS-compatible already. That's why I made ambient bombers :)

I am in contact with the ACE team and asked for donating the entire EOD mod to ACE, they have a lot going on on IEDs as well so who knows where this might lead ;)

But yes, future releases will be extremely optimized. Addon or script it does not matter, it is the code that I will improve that will make the difference. Although having it as an addon has a lot of advantages, too :)

Just a heads up - I've added an SR5 Reezo's IED module to MSO, which I'll release this Sunday. Works beautifully I must say - job well done.

I've made some small changes, if they prove to be error-free, I'll let you know.

Awesome. Thank you very much! You know MSO is one of the best and most exciting projects I've seen in the past months, hats off it's an honor to have such a thing available. I am actually going to add MSO to a campaign for SR5 Tactical, lol ;) thanks for using that Wolffy.

A question for you. I've noticed that if I drive from Loy Manara to Rasman, the search time is never quick enough to put an IED down in front on me.

Is this something I can fix from the parameters?

Addon/script won't make a difference if you don't change the probability. Increasing the change (in %) of having IEDs can improve your chances to make the encounter.

Hellfire: Script-wise, the proximity IEDs blow up regardless of the unit side (a civilian could step on it and trigger it, for example, or a civilian car..)

So I set up both ambient bombers and ambient IEDS, and both work excellent in single player and non dedicated MP, but when it goes on the dedicated server, I dont ever get Suicide bombers/triggermen (bombers are set at 100% prob with only 1 civ with the proxy), and the ambient IEDS spawn on the map, but will not detonate. Any idea where I am going wrong here?

Suggestion might be to add ieds from scatter and amient ieds to be detectable. Easy fix.

Oh, 1 more thing, how do you enable your debug for all scripts?

Thanks.

Edited by Combat-Agent

I am sorry if I have been away from this thread..it looks like it, but it is not :)

I am working hard to complete development of Smookie's PvP Animations Enhancement/replacement mod and this is the reason why I haven't worked on this script, yet.

I am officially going to set up a Dev Heaven space for it and this is going to turn into a mod, it is official.

The mod will most probably use @CBA for improved performance, reduced network load and total MP compatibility.

What I am seriously asking here, is:

I am looking for a modeler or 3d artist who is willing to create the Nomad detector tool object. Having this object in the inventory will automatically enable the scan procedure. Without this object I see little to no purpouse to turn this into a mod because it would be a chance missed..

We should maybe design a special kind of Rucksack that holds the detecting components: both will be required to be equipped for the soldier to be able to detect IEDs.

I am also considering something really special: the Nomad tool giving approximate direction to the IED and distance, and NO markers on map. You will directly see your Nomad pointing an arrow to the direction of the IED, with a number indicating the distance. This way you will be using the tool directly on screen to pinpoint the IED animation, with no map markers places automatically.

But..I need the object model. I think this should sound like an appealing request, considering the returned value :)

It will be fixed/improved in the mod release :) Thanks everyone :)

It will be fixed/improved in the mod release :) Thanks everyone :)

Ahh, interesting. Well, I will need to fix it for MSO, so I'll post back here if/when I do.