lightspeed_aust

Ghost Recon - Island Thunder campaign

Mostly a new leader will be assigned once the leader is dead. If units have ranks then it'll go by rank, if not then by their order in the group. Keep in mind though that if a unit respawns (not sure if reviving counts as respawn in that aspect) and the second in command is of the same rank, then when the unit comes back to life the second in command might keep command.

Actually since Arma2 I've often seen leadership assigned (in case of leader death) by order of kills.

While I think the High Command Module has a ton of potential; I second the preference of keeping everyone in one team (you've only got small units of soldiers anyway).

-k

may also ask for croc addon - this will also be removed from future releases.

Thx for info ... in my case I copy all of fauna & flora mods/addons in my self made '@maps' folder, this one contains all user made islands, plants, animals and non-vanilla textures/buildings ... so I try to keep this somehow universal ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by galzohar View Post

Mostly a new leader will be assigned once the leader is dead. If units have ranks then it'll go by rank, if not then by their order in the group. Keep in mind though that if a unit respawns (not sure if reviving counts as respawn in that aspect) and the second in command is of the same rank, then when the unit comes back to life the second in command might keep command.

Actually since Arma2 I've often seen leadership assigned (in case of leader death) by order of kills.

While I think the High Command Module has a ton of potential; I second the preference of keeping everyone in one team (you've only got small units of soldiers anyway).

-k

you know the more i test this is sp the more i agree.

for a large group of men it is gr8 - but for a 7 man team i find it just as easy without the HHC.

i think i will drop it altogether - so that means i still have to test how the leadership will work using respawns and leader dying. if the next in command will assume command properly and you can still switch players, then its just as good. may not need the mission end when leader dead scenario.

update -

i dropped HHC now - all working well.

mission 6 i have added AI - (this is the Polling Center mission) working really well at present - I think another few hours work and it will be ready.

did you also drop the other addin requirements, or do you have a list of required addins? we generally run ace, and can add things from SIX updater network - but once we start stepping outside of that it gets difficult keeping everyone in sync.

thx!

the only addon required is Mike Barts hemp which i think has now been included in Lingor 1,1 anyway - other then that its vanilla Arma2

i removed JIP for MP Coop - just cleans things up a bit and the missions arent that long that new players cant wait for next mission.

when i start the mission with current ACE and Lingor (downloaded via SIX updater, version 1.1) I get the following addons missing or deleted:

MB_hemp

ibr_lcivilian_patch

csj_snake

CHN_crocodile

this is the mission you just sent me the link to yesterday. it would be great if it did not require anything except Lingor! if that ruins the atmosphere, i understand.

will all be sorted in next release - although i am pretty sure MB_hemp should be included in 1.1 - if not you will need that addon

Hemp & CSJ Snake will be included in the next island update.

ibr_lcivilian_patch means you're missing Lingor Units v1.0 addon.

do we need lingor units and mb_hemp? i thought only lingor island is needed?

what exactly is the list of addons needed for these missions? thx.

you will need the units for sure - mb hemp has been removed from the missions and will be used later when Icebreakr includes mbhemp in his next update 1.2 whenever that is release.

so for now - lingor units only.

ok here we go again - this is the beta release of the first 6 missions (i think mission 6 may still have upsmon error checking still running too) - plz pm with issues you find.

These missions are built for SP and 7 player coop (comatible with dedicated server)

Things to note:

1. Revives are set to 1 only at this stage.

2. Each player has one heal and one revive except Medic who has 8 revives.

3. In MP - number of revives can be changed in Parameters.

4. The Leader only has 2 revives max regardless of parmaters change (if your leader requires more then 2 revives the mission will end)

5. You will need Lingor 1.1 and Lingor Units v1.0

See how it goes - difficult enuf, too easy, etc.

Download - http://www.filefront.com/17895774/Arma2_Island_Thunder.rar

Meanwhile, I will finish off the other 4 missions that will make up the rest of this campaign.

Lighty.

finally a major breakthrough with mission 7!!! have to tell you bcoz this has been driving me crazy.

trying to get a group of enemy forces to insert by boat and hit the beach running and reinforcing using upsmon script. they just would not do as told until i figured it out last night while sleeping (the best solutions seem to pop in to my head when i forget about them conciously)

anyways, looks and works brilliantly now so i can finish off the mission ready for beta test shortly.

ah its just not fullproof - they dont always leave boat - its a shame but i dont want stupid game killing bugs - i will work out another way,

my new fix is just as good.

Edited by Lightspeed_aust

It wasn't until the Island Thunder expansion that this game even BEGAN to approach the goodness of Operation Flashpoint: Cold War Crisis. About the only thing that was better about Ghost Recon was the CQB.

that's your narrow-minded opinion and you're entitled to it...move along...i wont debate it with you, you'll just lose the arguement and be shitty

---------- Post added at 06:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:26 PM ----------

ok so mission 7 is now at beta - ive played it several times and its a gr8 challenge - depending on order you complete the objectives makes a big difference in how the mission pans out.

Just cant get it to load on my dedi.

I have Lingor 1.1 and Lingor units loaded in the same @lingor folder on client and server.

What else could be missing? The rest comes down via SIX updater.

You have something else in this mission I am missing?

Hello mate,

Ok its early doors and I need more time to play but heres what ive seen and can report ..

1. Mission 1 at start has a missing graphic file error and no loading screen

2. Mission 1 I use copy my stance addon (yeh I know you dont support add-ons) but it works in mission 2 ... is that becuase of revive?

3. Mission 2 (well its the one to take out shilka and also it seemed the mission to snipe towers ) has only team switching and no revive? Is this supposed to be the case for certain missions?

3. Mission 2 insertion should really be done while your in the chopper and get dropped in, as thats what happened if I remember in OGR, (the one with the towers to snipe.)

4. Loading screens are stretched/aspect ratio (16:9 view) .. maybe compensate for wide-screen? Or if that's a limitation then no worries.

5. Any chance of going to briefing before mission to check load outs etc (or at least read the briefing a little more before jumping in)?

6. The heli in mission 1 I can still hear through the mission, now, this will be distance fade with JSRS or a sound mod I use, but, I would say that maybe the heli should pull away and go very far as possible off map and then be scripted to remove maybe?

I haven't completed much yet and only skimmed through missions and need to play allot more. Although, you have nailed the atmos (fog, colour and weather types), perfect use of map locations, you reccy'd them well :) The music use and the classic intro comms one liners from OGR are a nice touch, right back in the game again.

Its funny, mission one when I get over the hill and see the huts near the boat while trying to position sniper and spotting patrols ... just like being back in OGR :)

Hope some of this is of help, ive skimmed the surface and need to play more obviously.

EDIT ... forgot to ask, will this be grouped into a campaign once finished as opposed to a list of single missions? Would be nice to see it set that way to follow through each mission, with a nice graphic and description when you select the campaign in game. Or is that an issue for MP use too?

@Uziyahu--IDF ... Im guessing you wont be testing the missions then :(.

Edited by mrcash2009

Hello, enjoyed Missions 1 and 2 so far.

Mission 1

I played out of order, Task 1, 3 and then 2. At 2 got NO package. At 3 got package.

Went back to 2 still no package.

Mission 3,4,5 and 6

NEEDS ibr_civilians_police

Have no idea where to find the addon for that.

Still liking it so far!

thanks for the feedback guys - very important to make sure i get the final release right

i will investigate the various issues and make sure they are sorted for release.

kommiekat, just so you know - the packages are always on the map but will spawn in the vicinity - not right on the objective marker so you need to look around. they can spawn in random places though. ;)

very curious about level of difficulty - are the missions too easy, too hard, just right?

MP can always handle more AI with a well coordinated team so i want to use SP as the benchmark.

i will PM you guys for specific details and the rest of the ppl who post issues.

If you're balancing the difficulty for SP, the missions will be way too easy for MP in my experience.

With a group of 5 we played first 3 missions. We enjoyed them even with a few snags. I should have wrote them down, but I believe mrcash hit them on the head.

Although I do believe in mission 3 we finally found the package, and destroyed the shilka, but were never able to locate the downed crew, even after an extensive search.

We'll be playing them again for sure so I'll also help be more specific and write down stuff as I see it.