NiTuS

FTA Life Simulation

Hi all! I'd like to show you a user mission I specially like for OFP. Here you have a brief description: :o

FTA is a mission made by the FTA Team in 2005. It simulates a small yet beatiful island called Kalighat, in which AI-driven people called "cinks" live, and every cink has their own job, house and even vehicle.

You are one of these citizens: you start with a random house and 500 Kk (Kalighat "Krowns"), and you have to get a job in order to earn money. Then you'll be able to buy furniture, a car, another house...

This is my favourite OFP mission I've ever played. Liked it so much that I tried to modify some issues with no previous OFP-scripting experience before, so that it's possible to play in Multi-Player mode too, thus, now I'm looking for people who also likes FTA.

You have more details in the next video:

8_3_yadzlWI

Hope you like it!:)

Edited by NiTuS
YouTube code miswritten. Thanks, EricFr!

I'm sorry for reviving this old topic, but I'm still looking for people to play this nice mission. Please watch the video and rate! :icon_smile:

Hi,

I'd like to play this mission, but where can I download it? You've not put the link.

I also need to know the links for the addons needed

By the way, I am creating a FTA community in Facebook: just search for "Operation Flashpoint Mod: FTA Life Simulation" and click on "I like it!". I'll post news, updates and fixes there, so see you in Kalighat!

Edited by NiTuS
Mistake in Facebook group's name

Hey NiTus,

Sorry for late response.

I have tried out the mod and it is perfect! Really an amazing job. But there are some bugs I am experiencing and some suggestions I would want to tell you when you release the next version of FTA.

Bugs:

1) I can't load furniture to my car, I have tried the 'Thing' command and other solutions, so please fix it.

2) The taxi job is bugged too. My customers just get out of the taxi without paying the money.

3) Cinks just suddenly leaver their job and wander around.

4) The 'Housing Office' at the town hall seems bugged too, I can't move my house

Suggestions:

1) If you can, please add more cinks. Sometimes I work as a bus driver and I have a maximum of 5 cinks on board. The island seems pretty dead, to be honest.

2) Add more jobs, such as worker at a fuel station.

3) Please add more taxi cars and more second hand car dealers. Sometimes, at the car dealers I find 3 or 4 cars that I don't want.

4) If you can, try to translate czech words to english, I really don't understand some stuff.

Other than that, the mod is a must-have and I really enjoy it!

Thanks.

Hi spartanhoplite!

Take into account I was not involved in the development of FTA, but I fixed some minor bugs here and there many years later (FTA was created around 2005) and wrote the Spanish version of the mission. However, I'll try to explain you why FTA has such limitations:

About the bugs, I can't help much, since FTA's code is very confusing and many variables are written in Czech (not my native language at all), so that following the code can be very hard even for a skilled programmer.

1) If you can, please add more cinks. Sometimes I work as a bus driver and I have a maximum of 5 cinks on board. The island seems pretty dead, to be honest.

Operation Flashpoint (or ArmA: CWC) used to limit the number of groups up to 63. Since each civilian belongs to a different group, that means we can't have more than 63 people wandering around the island. Even if we attached multiple cinks to a single group, that'd make everything way harder, since there would be a group leader and cinks would follow him/her... as if they were soldiers.

2) Add more jobs, such as worker at a fuel station.

That's a good suggestion, actually! But the car mechanic already does that using the fuel truck.

3) Please add more taxi cars and more second hand car dealers. Sometimes, at the car dealers I find 3 or 4 cars that I don't want.

This suggestion will be replied below.

4) If you can, try to translate czech words to english, I really don't understand some stuff.

Some words are somewhat "hard-coded" (the cars' names, for instance), so I couldn't fix it unless I wanted to mess things up really bad.

Rather than fixing bugs, I'd rather start FTA again on ArmA II/III from scratch, since it has many more functionalities than CWC and would make a new FTA easier to create and more feasible. Mainly that's why I wouldn't try to add more jobs and stuff on the original one. Unfortunately, I don't have enough spare time to learn ArmA scripting (yeah, sometimes real life sucks), although I really want to. Even though, if you're willing to create a new FTA on ArmA II (or ArmA II Free), I'd like to help you for sure!

Thank you very much for your suggestions and interest!

i just put this in my missions folder right? the FTAii folder in the missions one, right? and then the addons just go in their folder

This is still Alive ?

Also your download link has been down, can you upload it into another sites ?

14 hours ago, Sjorigo said:

This is still Alive ?

Also your download link has been down, can you upload it into another sites ?

Hi,

Not much is alive anymore, but I have what you're looking for. It looks like I have three versions of the mission and the addons. I think the solo FTA2_cartel2.pbo may be the latest verison.

https://www.mediafire.com/folder/xzhoa2z060zzgze,bx93d5j2ttjejdf,27y15px17o4tx05,z4992tawsa08bro/shared

• Like 1

Thank you!!!

But I found out, that your mission is have version 1.96 and it's not compatible with mine version 1.99. I already put in my missions folder. 

Can you upload it again for version 1.99 ?

Okay thanks for the information!

By the way, any RPG-style/Life Sim SP Missions except this one ?

If yes, can you would like to post theirs download link ?