Sign in to follow this  
Fireball

Insurgency

Question:

How do i port Insurgency to other islands?

I can port the mission like go into the editor load insurgency copy all the markers and such and then put them on a new map,

I get regular function but the mission dont play in terms of clearing grid squares, and fighting the AI, theres no AI to fight,

so it must be something with scripts that makes this run?

How can I make this portable?

The ACE version has been out since March.

Swedge made a version for ACE see it here:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthrea...Ace+insurgency

I had posted this 4 pages back.

Search is your friend please use it in the future.

Thanks Günter, but that wasn't my question :j:

I asked if FireBall can make a ACE Insurgeny of his next version

Ok, sorry. In one sense insurgency is the same all around, you search, and clear, and collect brief cases to

find location of the caches, so all im really saying there is an Ace version available til fireball makes one for his latest version.

I personally would like to know how to port the mission to other islands, i mean I can already but the issues is the grids

dont work and the Ai dont work even though all files and such are there, so something has to be configured for each island im presuming.

Edited by Gnter Severloh

Set the EP1_Houses thingy to true. I think its in one of the defines.sqf.

It will only work with OA houses otherwise.

Hmm, thanks hellfire, I'll try it. I did attempt to port over to Saharani (Caa1) lol and I got everything over but as i said no grids,

and Ai dont do anything< i'll try other maps specifically for OA.

Sounds like the same symptoms I had. Doing that should fix it.

The setting is in the defines.sqf in the root mission folder. You need to change this line:

#define EP1HOUSES			(configName(inheritsFrom (configFile >> "CfgVehicles" >> typeOf _x)) == "HOUSE_EP1")

to:

#define EP1HOUSES			(true)

Hi Fireball

Can you also make a ACE versions of your next Insurgency?

Hi all, now i assist to dev Isurg, yes in next 0.82 ver planed a ACE, and more reworking in Ins, look on tasks in DH space and VOTE!!!

I have just discovered Insurgency, and thus am a complete noob to not only it, but MP in general. I'm an expert A2/CO/RNF SP player, though.

Is the basic idea to go to the MP server list, filter on insurgency, join one, and then help the guys in there clear the red squares of bad guys, get their intel, and find/destroy weapons caches? Should one search every dead insurgent for intel?

Should one install Project Reality mod? I have no mods whatsoever. I just quickly joined one server and played for 1/2 hour, so I guess PR isn't necessary.

How do I decide which server to join? Do I have to join a clan or something? I'd like to join one with the most kick-ass players possible. For example, I'd like to play where Fireball himself plays (assuming he plays and doesn't just design ;)). He listed his own server by IP address, but I don't see IP addresses in the server list. Is there a name for his server?

Is the idea that the map on a server is maintained constantly, so that eventually all red squares will be cleared? I assume that will take days or weeks? Does the server manager then reset the map? I'd like to get in on a game at the very beginning and follow it until the end if possible.

Is there a way to play Insurgency in SP?

Is there a web page somewhere that explains in detail how to play Insurgency? I'm quite clueless with MP; sorry for all the questions.

Hey Omac,

Is the basic idea to go to the MP server list, filter on insurgency, join one, and then help the guys in there clear the red squares

of bad guys, get their intel, and find/destroy weapons caches? Should one search every dead insurgent for intel?

Pretty much.

Should one install Project Reality mod? I have no mods whatsoever. I just quickly joined one server and

played for 1/2 hour, so I guess PR isn't necessary.

PR is not needed.

How do I decide which server to join? Do I have to join a clan or something?

no. only if you want to, but not needed for the mission.

I'd like to join one with the most kick-ass players possible. For example, I'd like to play where Fireball himself plays

(assuming he plays and doesn't just design ).

You would have to pm about that, as he might be to busy to even play liek some of the modders, they spend all

their time modding, and or with real life things, but pm him and ask.

Is the idea that the map on a server is maintained constantly, so that eventually all red squares will be cleared?

Depends on the server, if a server admin has the code in their server.cfg with the code persistence=1 then the server will

run constantly and only on that map/missions, but all depends on the server.

I assume that will take days or weeks?

Ya when my buddy and I play the mission on our server it would take us if we have the time 8 hrs to just clear 2-3 towns,

all depends on tactics and stuff.

I'd like to get in on a game at the very beginning and follow it until the end if possible.

Good luck with that, it take you a month or 2 alone, unless your a crack shot and have sound tactics, maybe a solid week,

but also depends on what map you play too, if its takistan it take you quite some time, if its zargabad it take you half the time I would think, at least less.

Is there a way to play Insurgency in SP?

No there isn't as far as i know, but then if you got killed how would you respawn, i suppose that the

SP respawn script would have to be implemented.

Is there a web page somewhere that explains in detail how to play Insurgency? I'm quite clueless with MP;

sorry for all the questions.

ya here-->http://pvpscene.armaholic.com/wiki/doku.php?id=english:game_modes:insurgency

also read the Insurgency guide by Swedge.

If your interested my buddy and I play insurgency on our gameserver, its not public, but a private server just for us and some friends,

if your up to try the mission out then send me a pm sometime and we can setup a time to play.

BTW we play with COWarMod, the vanilla game were not to fond off.

Thank you, Günter! Excellent info. I just played on a server for a few hours - great, but I was left alone after a while; I kept going, cleaning about 6 red squares myself.

Just a few more questions, if you don't mind.

Edit - I have answered some of my own questions.

1- When the hint box mentions more intel, red indicators come up on the map, something like "?455m," for example. What does the number mean?

Edit - OK, I think that the numbers mean distance to the cache, the 50m ones being closest.

3- Should one go there and search that location for a cache? I searched like 5 of them and found nothing.

Edit - I was searching the distant ones, like 350-400m. No wonder I didn't find anything.

4- If I find one, should I blow it up with a satchel or IED?

Edit - Yes, I guess. I didn't have any explosives, so I used a M132 launcher to do it, and blew the crap out of myself, even though I was about 100m away.

5- I have never found intel on a dead enemy, although I have searched many using gear menu. What should I look for?

Edit - I found a suitcase a couple of times.

6 - Do you recommend always taking the backpack with explosives on loadout, or is there some other way to get your hands on explosives?

I'm slowly getting the hang out of it - and having lots of fun.

Thank you for the invite to play. I'll look into COWarMod - I've never played with mods.

Thanks again!

Edited by OMAC

Hi again Omac, glad the info I gave helped, and cleared some things up.

to answer your other questions:

When you pick up a brief case (white briefcase) it gives you a a number on the map basically this is the intel your getting.

The number means the distance you are from the an ammo cache, so if it says 455m and you see the location on the map,

then roughly in that general are is an ammo cache.

Enemies dont have intel on them, what your lookign for is dropped white briefcases that the enemy insurgents drop when you kill them,

and they are random, and not every briefcase will give you an exact location.

Thing is when you go to those locations, you want to search inside of every building,

the ammo caches can be anywhere in a building.

heres an earlier post by swedge on the insurgency thread here, this should clear some things up:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showpost.php?p=1873112&postcount=99

Thank you, Günter! I played for many hours yesterday, and am getting the hang of it. That is the most MP I have ever played, in any game. Never liked MP. Until now. A2 fricking rules.

Another nagging thing. The microphone on my computer appears to be working, and I can hear chat by others in the game, including when my squad leader orders me to do something (totally cool :cool:). But when I say something into my mic, no one answers me, so I am not sure if my mic is being recognized by A2. How can I be sure that my mic is working with the game, and that others can hear me?

Edited by OMAC

If you look for N3ro Tr0y's server (normally named 101) you will see a modded Insurgency that is becoming quite popular. Dead bodies DO contain information now (not tell you what information of course) and you can interrogate injured enemy too.

Lots of other good toys to play with as well. Oh and the friendly AI can revive players as well :)

If you look for N3ro Tr0y's server (normally named 101) you will see a modded Insurgency that is becoming quite popular. Dead bodies DO contain information now (not tell you what information of course) and you can interrogate injured enemy too.

Lots of other good toys to play with as well. Oh and the friendly AI can revive players as well :)

Sounds awesome. Do I have to download and install the mod before playing, or will that be auto?

I played using 1.59 yesterday, and saw some lag and jumping around, but it was pretty darn good anyway - can't wait to try it with the latest beta and see the improvements!

Sounds awesome. Do I have to download and install the mod before playing, or will that be auto?

I played using 1.59 yesterday, and saw some lag and jumping around, but it was pretty darn good anyway - can't wait to try it with the latest beta and see the improvements!

Nope, no mods needed mate.

Thanks, N. Rodrigues. Maybe I'll be fighting alongside you soon.

Looking forward to it mate. You'll be impressed to see how insurgency can be modded.

I'm looking forward to it too, but I've still got to figure out more stuff, like:

1) how to get my microphone working in A2,

Edit - Google is a wonderful thing. Teamspeak 3.0.1. I'm good to go. However, it is not always clear which Teamspeak server to use. Some servers have it annotated on map, others don't.

2) how do I chat via the keyboard (typing in comments), and

Edit - Use chat key (/)

3) what do the yellow or red broken chain links mean when they come up on the screen?

Edit - degraded or broken com with server

Edited by OMAC

Teamspeak is not needed as VON is good enough.

True, but you'll usually find squads/clans on TS over VON.

Teamspeak is not needed as VON is good enough.

It's not needed, but we prefer it way more over VON.

VON is the Marmite of communication. Personally I prefer TS and ACRE. Good communication is essential on Insurgency.