Sign in to follow this  
tromac

Australian's At War Insurgency

With the release of the awesome Bushmaster I thought we would release this mission. We've been using it with Anzac and the AAW soldiers for a long time but it really wasn't ready to release with the Anzac Landrovers. Now it is complete and the Bushmasters fit right in.

The mission requires Anzac still as the mission makes use of one little marker, an Australian Flag for the base. Apologies, I will try and get it sorted so you don't need Anzac.

Download:

http://ocbfileshare.net/insurgency0_72_aaw.zargabad.pbo

For those in Australia this is running on one of our two AAW servers constantly so drop in for some great tactical play at OCB. Just filter your server browser on OCB.

tromac, there has been an update on AAW that I think adds flags, you should check it out, also I was planning on making an ACE insurgency, it is a little complex for me though, I tried to change the loadouts and failed, I might PM you for help as I can't find Pogoman ;)

The flags we have put in are just flag pole flags, we can look at adding markers to the next update.

Wow! The Bushmaster is truly impressive ... I think the Bushmaster-outfitted Aussies are easily the most capable counter-insurgency unit to date in this series. Highly recommended.

I like the fact that you can do loadouts and resupply from the Bushmaster on demand (you can't ever have enough hand-grenades fighting house-to-house!). The forward 7.62 mm is amply stocked with three 1,000 round magazines and the remote weapon system with built-in rangefinder and TWS makes taking down threats almost too easy. This beast is literally a game-changer in the never-ending battle against insurgents.

2 of the Bushmasters each have remote weapon stations, and 2 don't. I couldn't figure out how to access the mounted guns on the latter two. Also, as far as I can tell, the rear gun on the Bushmaster is inaccessible (not playable) to the crew (?). Also a few interesting observations - I had an ATV materialize/bounce into the cabin of a Bushmaster (through the open door?) at the base. You can get it out by driving off in the Bushmaster with the back door open and the ATV will tumble out the back of the Bushmaster onto the ground. Anyone not at stations or seated can fall out the back if the rear door is open and the vehicle starts driving (as in real life, I suppose!). If you close the door while someone is getting in or just gotten in, they might have problems taking up positions inside the vehicle. We sorted this out by making them get out and in again.

The Yoma Download tool is nice in theory and from the development/updates perspective, it makes sense. Mine missed one component file on the first try - I had to press retry to download it. But I could see it annoying old hands and people who tweak or need to troubleshoot missing component files.

Thanks again for this great mod/mission!

Edited by MissionCreep

A lot of the AAW missions are made by the Au/NZ teams over at AusArmA - we've never released them publicly as we didn't realise people outside our community used the addon!

I'll look into having some of our missions put into a pack and released for anyone else using this great addon :)

A lot of the AAW missions are made by the Au/NZ teams over at AusArmA - we've never released them publicly as we didn't realise people outside our community used the addon!

I'll look into having some of our missions put into a pack and released for anyone else using this great addon :)

Much appreciated Swordsman. I'm sure that I'm not the only one looking forward to this mission pack.