Sign in to follow this  
DAP

Arma 2 - ai first aid support

Is it possible for AI units already in vehicles to drive close then exit and heal?

This is a great mod -- I love seeing guys in the distance, dragging their wounded comrades to cover.

Couple questions:

1) In order for me to be able to drag and carry injured soldiers, do I need to use the BI First Aid modules in addition to DAP's mod (I'm using auto init)?

2) Also, is it possible for AI to auto heal a unit who can't walk but isn't completely incapacitated -- like when a unit gets shot in the leg?

This addon not tested with ACE2. Possible conflicts with ACE2 wounds system.

tested 3.6 with ACE2. there is no conflict, addon works as usual, but it just not heals ACE wounds.

any chances of creating ace-compatible version? :pray:

Finding a conflict with Bennys Warfare when First Aid is enabled. Although the option menu is able to come up, when I click on options the dialog appears for about 0.5 secs then disappears.

It is only caused by DAP First Aid.

tested 3.6 with ACE2. there is no conflict, addon works as usual, but it just not heals ACE wounds.

any chances of creating ace-compatible version? :pray:

Maybe :) If, at last, I download this mod.. :) Or if I find time, contact with ACE2 team and try do something together :)

Finding a conflict with Bennys Warfare when First Aid is enabled. Although the option menu is able to come up, when I click on options the dialog appears for about 0.5 secs then disappears.

It is only caused by DAP First Aid.

That why I created MODULE-version :) Any ideas? Maybe just disable my addon when used some variables from Benny Warfare?

This is SO good that I have it enabled ALWAYS (autoinit). I don't want to live without it !

What about the dismount to heal / revive option?

This is SO good that I have it enabled ALWAYS (autoinit). I don't want to live without it !

What about the dismount to heal / revive option?

Need do some tests :) I think it possible :)

For some reason, DAPman has stopped working for me. Units get wounded and AI might drag the wounded units, but instead of healing them, the healthy soldiers just sort of "twitch" repeatedly above the injured unit without healing them. Weird.

I'm using the autoinit version 3.8 with no other mods installed, Arma 2 OA 1.59. I'm not sure when it started -- just recently, I think.

Edited by ebarstad

For some reason, DAPman has stopped working for me. Units get wounded and AI might drag the wounded units, but instead of healing them, the healthy soldiers just sort of "twitch" repeatedly above the injured unit without healing them. Weird.

I'm using the autoinit version 3.8 with no other mods installed, Arma 2 OA 1.59. I'm not sure when it started -- just recently, I think.

What kind of units you use? :) Guerrillas? ;) If yes, then all fine. Guerrillas and civilians can't heal if they are not a medics. They just drag wounded unit in safe place.

ADDON UPDATED

Version 3.9

Changelog:

- Fixed: Stuck-bug when guerillas or civilians try heal wounded units.

- All features work in MP (Tested on 1.59/1.59 Build 79600)

ATENTION! Not tested in PvP actions.

Note: All links updated

Edited by DAP

I'm having some trouble, how do I know if it is working? I don't see anyone laying down and getting help.

How can you test this?

I'm having some trouble, how do I know if it is working? I don't see anyone laying down and getting help.

How can you test this?

What version? Autoinit or Module?

AUTO-version requires CBA. No additional actions. Just add in modfolder and play :) If you use MODULE-version , then you must place into mission specific module (Module: AI First Aid support). You can find this module in section "modules", in editor. Place this module into mission and synchronize it with units. Difference is simple - Auto-version work on ALL units. Module-version - only on synchronized units.

Maybe :) If, at last, I download this mod.. :) Or if I find time, contact with ACE2 team and try do something together :)

IF you and ACE team could get together and have this in ACEC or get it compatible that would be AWESOME.

Amazing to engage at a couple hundred yards and then work your way forward only to find the enemy dragging wounded away from the fire fight in behind buildings and fences.

Happened last night. it was one of those WOW moments.

Thanks for making it happen DAP.

What version? Autoinit or Module?

I tried both and I wanted to use the Autoinit, I just stuck it in my addon folders. When getting about four bad dudes and two medics and two soldiers, I don't see any changes when they get hit. The only time I do see it is once, but that's the typical medic thing, you know them crouching and one is bowing down on the ground while the medic simply fix them up. I don't see anyone screaming in pain or medic/soldiers rushing to save them.

I tried both and I wanted to use the Autoinit, I just stuck it in my addon folders. When getting about four bad dudes and two medics and two soldiers, I don't see any changes when they get hit. The only time I do see it is once, but that's the typical medic thing, you know them crouching and one is bowing down on the ground while the medic simply fix them up. I don't see anyone screaming in pain or medic/soldiers rushing to save them.

"Autoinit" version requires Community Base Addons. Are you used it? Also... if you are use default BIS modules (First Aid: Action and/or First Aid: Simulation ), then my addon will be disabled automatically.

Edited by DAP

"Autoinit" version requires Community Base Addons. Are you used it? Also... if you are use default BIS modules (First Aid: Action and/or First Aid: Simulation ), then my addon will be disabled automatically.

I added CBA along with the required CBA_A2 addon (needed to for ARMA 2 stand alone).

I'm not using any other modules too, I simply put the units down to test them and I see nothing different.

And you have made sure you have it in a proper DAP/addons folder and it is in your commandline? I have it working fine.

And you have made sure you have it in a proper DAP/addons folder and it is in your commandline? I have it working fine.

Commandline?

All I did was the direction is told, move the files into the ADDONS folder.

Mouzie, do you actually have any other mods installed and working? By commandline kremator means the additional commands appended to the Arma2 launch icon to enable mods. Before you get too much more frustrated, might I suggest you do a bit of search on this forum about the best way to install and use mods.

Mouzie, do you actually have any other mods installed and working? By commandline kremator means the additional commands appended to the Arma2 launch icon to enable mods. Before you get too much more frustrated, might I suggest you do a bit of search on this forum about the best way to install and use mods.

I already know how to install mods, most of the time, I simply add them into the addon folder, I didn't make a 'custom' mod folder, I also don't use the command line, instead, I simply use a Mod Loader that automatically does it for me.

I'm not frustrated with mods, almost all works without no problems.. just this one does. xD

BAD practice putting them into your addons folder. You can screw up your game royally! Best to use modfolders, then put those folders into your commandline. You will need CBA as well however.

If you are using a mod loader then that should help.

If you are doing these things then autoinit should work perfectly,as it does for me.

I already know how to install mods, most of the time, I simply add them into the addon folder, I didn't make a 'custom' mod folder, I also don't use the command line, instead, I simply use a Mod Loader that automatically does it for me.

I'm not frustrated with mods, almost all works without no problems.. just this one does. xD

Check your CBA. If it works wrong, then addon will not work too.

ADDON UPDATED

Version 3.9.1

Changelog:

- Fixed: Bugs with using FIRST AID: Battlefield Clearance module by player on units from other squads

- Fixed: Animation bug, when healer was killed or wounded, while he assists wounded unit.

- Fixed: "Unexpected end" of scripts

Edited by DAP

Check your CBA. If it works wrong, then addon will not work too.

ADDON UPDATED

Current version 3.9.1

Changelog:

- Fixed: Bugs with using FIRST AID: Battlefield Clearance module by player on units from other squads

- Fixed: Animation bug, when healer was killed or wounded, while he assists wounded unit.

- Fixed: "Unexpected end" of scripts

CBA is the latest version with the A2 addon needed.

Scratching my head at this one too.