sweguy96

User mission requests!

What kind of mission genre do you like best?  

196 members have voted

1. 1. What kind of mission genre do you like best?

• Stealthy SpecOp missions
    • Assault missions where an army gorup attacks an objective
    • Pilot missions
    • Vehicle crew missions
    • Counter insurgency missions
    • Others

Hi all I am after a SNIPER mission or campaign but it must meet these requirements

Must be COOP (me and a mate want to practice I am his spotter)

Must use ACE2

Must not require any other islands other than stock ones

must not require any other addons other than ACE2

I have looked in the user missions section but could not really see any that matched all my criteria.

Please advise.

Thanks

Hey guys, I'm pretty new to ArmA 2 and these forums but I love the game. I tried arma 1 for a few days and I remember a mission where you built a base and guys auto spawned and attacked the enemy. Is there a mission like that in operation arrowhead because I dont see it? Also, is there a mission like that downloadable from the community? I myself am a RTS fan and i'd love to have base vs base battles singleplayer.

Thank you in advance!

Hi, I'm looking for a modified War in Takistan mission for Fallujah v.1.2

I tried to merge the scripts into it,but it will stuck in the mission plan selection.

Especially aircrafts mission. when there is it. It will be stucked

Hey guys, I'm pretty new to ArmA 2 and these forums but I love the game. I tried arma 1 for a few days and I remember a mission where you built a base and guys auto spawned and attacked the enemy. Is there a mission like that in operation arrowhead because I dont see it? Also, is there a mission like that downloadable from the community? I myself am a RTS fan and i'd love to have base vs base battles singleplayer.

Thank you in advance!

That would be BI's 'Warfare' (default/official version)

KaRRiLLioN use to make an RTS mission back when CTI was CTI

not warfare, anyway KaRRiLLioN RTS where fk'n brilliant... but

none have ported it over... yet :)

EDIT:

Try this... [RTS20] Farm Wars

Edited by 76

I'm looking for a hostage/raid mission involving special forces units with mk18s, or some SWAT team units, raiding a huge compound/house/mansion/complex. Either with real enemy units or targets.

Are there some missions for the excellent Iranian Forces Mod by any chance? It's a great addition for everyone who is tired of shooting Ruskies or Takiban for the bazillionth time. I recently played the Persian Hammer campaign with the P'85 units and although it has some obvious flaws (like nonexistent coherency), it was quite fun to play. Also some missions featuring the PLA addon for ACE would be nice, preferably singleplayer.

Hello,

im looking for some simple training missions for some days now, however i was not able to find any.

What im looking for is a small mission where i can train the ShacTac concepts with my team:

Standards:

- various standard platoon layout (eg "standard", "standard, but riflemen=AT")

- maybe additional attachments like an Heavy-AT team

- platoon structure

- proper communication via VON and Radio (ACRE)

- procedures to report enemys ("1 men, 2o-clock, 200 Meters")

Warfare:

- Leadership: how to lead a team and/or squad

- standard procedures of every soldier (basic rifleman skills like reaction to enemy fire etc)

- movement in the field (formations, using cover, bounding overwatch, march procedures)

- reaction to various treads (suddenly spotting an LAV for example)

- conducting ambushes

- reaction to enemy ambush

- properly engaging and retreating

And such things...

It would be cool if we could train in an "dry" environment, with OPFORs not shooting back or maybe just targets. It would also be cool if the training session leader could dynamically set up the map with presets, like an action "occupy town" which then spawns some guys in a nearby village.

[edit] Im aware of the six battle center, but i dont want to set up the map every training session. It would be cool if we could just train certain situations repeatedly to learn the basics.

Edited by helling3r

Hello,

Im looking for some simple training missions for some days now, however i was not able to find any.

It's all I've got, not really what ya looking for... sorry.

http://www.4shared.com/file/UX9QHQkF/trng16_cqb_course_05utes.html

http://www.4shared.com/file/52k7YTEt/trng08_driveall_usmc_v2chernar.html

There would be some clans out there with great training missions... be really

nice for them to share;)

Hey fellas.

Just after some free-roam based missions that throw the player into a dynamic world over an entire island. I don't want large scale battlefields, but instead just a semi-populated gaming world with enemy patrols and occupied towns.

I would prefer as little addons as possible, but it's nothing overly important.

Cheers!

I have a mission I'd love to share, only I can't get even the briefing to work, being a complete newb and all. So victory triggers and tasks and such are utterly beyond me.

Here's a summary, in case anyone wants to help make it happen.

It takes place during the first Chernarussian Civil War, like Eye For An Eye does. The situation is the siege of Elektrazavodsk by Chedaki forces, but unlike most large ArmA battles, this is a real siege, not a final assault. I am trying to create a very static, almost WWI-like form of gameplay. Both sides are dug in, and the objective is not to overwhelm the enemy, but to move from place to place inside a city that has been turned into a fortress while heavy gun emplacements rain hell on you. It's like dodgeball where you don't have anything to throw back.

I have no scripting knowledge and a weak computer, so I came up with an improvised way to accomplish this. Fortifying the city was easy, albeit time consuming. The trick is to put enemy static weapons (tanks, HMGs, SPGs, GLs, even a howitzer) all around the city, positioned with commanding fields of fire. All these weapons are grouped to a distant leader so they can share information. The key is then giving them a dozen civilian spotters inside the city. Anything the (apparently innocuous) cowering populace can see, the heavy guns can see, so the player will be continually hounded by accurate fire as he moves from place to place.

I have to keep the garrison of the city small and hidden so they don't kill the civilian spotters, which count as Redfor because of their grouping.

The objective is to get from one end of the city to the other to put together some heavy weapons to strike back with. You have to get the Konkurs tripod in the same place as the missile tubes. You have to get the mortar rounds to the mortar. Each trips puts the player in danger, forcing him to sprint between cover, use smoke and his wits.

Then he can strike back with indirect fire. The thing is, this means that the victory conditions will be rather nonlinear. I can't expect the player to destroy all enemies, I only want to require him to destroy two tanks and a howitzer. That constitutes a minor victory and a number of additional HMGs and rocket launchers put out of action will grant a major victory. I guess the only suitable end mission conditions for this would be expending all available mortar and Konkurs rounds. Or there could be a simple radio trigger to end the mission and evaluate progress.

// Created in A2B Editor by EMSI

player createDiaryRecord ["Diary", ["Execution", "Most heavy weapons were removed from the city this summer in order to comply with the

terms of the U.N. ceasefire. What remains was hidden from weapons inspectors, and is just now being hunted out. NAPA delivered us the

body and gear of a Russian military adviser, which includes the tripod for a Konkurs ATGM system. We salvaged Konkurs tubes from our BMPs

that got hit, so we should be able to put the two together and strike at their tanks. In order to engage enemy static weapons, you will

have to ferry mortar rounds from various caches to the tube itself. It is recommended to move around the city on foot, sticking to the

defensive lines, although a UAZ is available in a pinch. Once you have exhausted the city's supply of missiles and mortar rounds, radio

command to make your report, and we might just be able to get you redeployment to Chernogorsk if you succeed."]];

player createDiaryRecord ["Diary", ["Mission", "We need to strike back against Chedaki firing positions in order to deter an attack we

can't repulse. You must organize our defences and gather what artillery we have left. Then avail yourself of the last few weeks'

reconnaissance to hit enemy weapons emplacements with indirect fire. Destroy or disable the two enemy T-72s, their D-30 howitzer and as

many machineguns and launchers as possible."]];

player createDiaryRecord ["Diary", ["Situation", "After withstanding a summer of Chedaki offensives, CDF forces are losing ground across

South Zagoria. Government forces maintain a strong grip on Zelenogorsk and the regional capital, but both Berezino and Elektrozavodsk are

cut off and besieged. The ChDKZ have set up heavy weapons positions around Elektrozavodsk and are pounding the small garrison into

submission. Our armored support has been ground down to nothing, and the defence perimeter is full of holes. NAPA, always untrustworthy

but cooperative now that encirclement by Chedaki territory seems likely, have a tentative hold on the coast road to the east. Chedaki

units are encroaching on the hills overlooking the town, and enemy tanks are drawn up several hundred meters away. A final assault is

imminent."]];

tsk3 = player createSimpleTask ["Destroy Static Weapons"];

tsk3 setSimpleTaskDescription ["First priority is to take out the D-30 howitzer that is firing on the town. This may be accomplished

either by mortar or with remaining ATGMs. That automatic grenade launcher on the hill is also particularly troublesome, and would be a

good candidate for a missile strike if you can get line of sight. Once these targets have been dealt with, use your mortar to target the

heavy machineguns and recoilless rifles that have been harassing our forces. Because of the inaccuracy of the mortar, it would be a good

idea to send three or four rounds at a single target.", "Destroy static weapons positions", ""];

tsk2 = player createSimpleTask ["Destroy Both Tanks"];

tsk2 setSimpleTaskDescription ["Once you have asembled the Konkurs launcher, set it up it a concealed position and fire on the enemy

MBTs. They are drawn up in the open to the northwest of town and on a knoll west of the harbor. The range is very short, so if you can't

get a shot, it may be possible to hit them with RPGs.", "Destroy or disable both T-72s", ""];

tsk1 = player createSimpleTask ["Assemble Artillery"];

tsk1 setSimpleTaskDescription ["Find the ATGM tripod at our nothernmost strongpoint. It should be on the body of a captured Russian

military adviser. The Chedaki have zeroed in on that whole area and have spotters all over the hillsides, so expect to get hit hard as

soon as you step out of cover.<br />That done, get to our supply of Konkurs missile tubes at the ammo dump in the industrial park and put

two and two together. You have more than enough ammunition to destroy the enemy armor, just don't set up the launcher right in their

sights.<br />The mortar is in the middle of the road downtown. It is behind cover for now, but you might want to consider dragging it

somewhere more sheltered if the enemy presses their attack. There are rounds stashed in five crates hidden around the city. All relevant

locations are marked on your map.", "Assemble ATGM system and 81mm mortar", ""];

player setCurrentTask tsk1;

Edited by maturin

I have an idea for a mission or maybe as a Single Player RPG.

It's a game where your AI soldiers have the ability to level up gaining better accuracy and response time.

Missions can be randomly generated with difficulty rating shown on map so Player can choose which difficulty mission he's able to do with his current army/soldiers.

Player soldiers will be bought at poll similar like warfare. One major difference is that barracks will only provide fresh green recruits. But your soldier will have the ability to level up base on his kills and participation in missions. Accuracy and response time will level up accordingly making you will want to try to keep all your soldiers alive as much as possible because nothing can buy experience. This way you will always have a nice mix of fresh recruits and veterans in your squad.

Completing missions or by killing will generate money or income for you to further upgrade your soldiers or the capability to upgrade your HQ to provide better equipment and weapons.

well lets just say it will be like warfare for single player but with soldiers that will get better after each kills and mission completion. So a commander job will be getting their units to the field and getting them back alive like a real comm supposed to be. And you will need to manage their ammo and weapons too and by coming back to HQ to refill your lost units and rearm. Ability to attach fix emplacement will be nice, dragging that expensive guns for your ambush mission and etc.

So as a commander your main job will be to complete your missions while keeping as many of your subordinate alive to keep their experience growing making them a bad ass unit in longer time.

Because missions are generated randomly you will have a perfectly nice sandbox game with high replay value. Having a soldier roster showing his name, kills, mission completion and ranks will be useful.

It's unlucky we still dont have a proper moral system or it can be included and your green recruits will cower in terror when their commander makes a wrong recon assessment and went against a T90 with green troops. (Remember hiding in a camp when the ground shakes with the sound of tank tracks getting near? >=P)

Missions can include random patrols or surprise missions with unknown difficulty status to add some spice to it. Because money are gained only by mission completions and kills, equipment and vehicles are valuables. If a player will rambo and kill all the enemy by himself, his soldiers wont gained any experience >=3

edit

Commander upgrade tree can be like this and some other pointers.

1. comm -> 4 AI -> 8 -> 12 ->16 -> 2 Team leader -> 3 -> etc

2. Vehicles -> light transport -> light armed -> etc

3. Soldier Upgrade - increase accuracy/response time/weapons load out

4. Comm can respawn on mobile HQ or ambu (so player will not get sick of spawning at base XD)

5. Soldiers injured will transport to ambu and need to transport to base to stay in medical tent at base until recover (maybe after 2-3 mission) or

6. Injured soldiers will automatically transport to ambu or hospital to prevent tedious function of saving them on site (cause doing repetitive thing like that is boring, but you can add thefunction for anyone that prefer realism to the max =) )

7. Comm will be able to buy soldiers at base and manage their poll, replacing injured units with fresh recruits while letting injured veterans heal at field hospital.

8. Soldiers will DIE, but randomly. (No you dont get to resurrect them cause it's not a medieval RPG game. lawl)

Missions can consist of any random stuffs from

Easy - 1 to 4 man team

1. disabling mines on road

2. painting targets for air strike

3. sniper missions

4. steal the car (lol)

5. repair friendly units on hot zone

6. deliver supplies

ETC

Medium - 8 to 16 man team

1. Ambush enemy convoy

2. attacking enemy outpost

3. attack and more attack missions

4. arty missions

Hard - 2 Platoon - 4 platoon

1. supporting major attack

2. Air support

3. Any medium operation

etc

Extreme

1. Frontal assault on enemy line

2. Defending forward base from enemy attack

3. Using ICBM =)

4. Aircraft SEAD missions

5. Air superiority missions

6. Defending air craft carrier

etc

Unknown (?)

1. throwing in some surprise elements for the courages ones, maybe will gain high bounty

2. Maybe an easy mine disabling mission but in the middle of a tank convoy route or something (surprise!)

etc

Some harder missions can be set through some randomly generated major action like WICT mod n etc, like completing missions while 2 major forces are clashing together.

So in summary

- do missions -> get money -> upgrade better equipment and more AI

- Keep AI alive -> Let them do the fighting -> much more bad ass AI for you to command

- Manage your AI through pools by adding them to your active group or letting them rest to heal.

- random missions can be a ripoff of all the smaller missions done by others =P

- OMG it's similar to Mount and Blade......

Since it's an RPG, i guess your AI is the one with options to upgrade , well maybe u can upgrade by the equipment you can carry i guess. So the mission will be repetitive and you can choose which one to do at the current moment

Well this is the idea and i hope it will provide some interesting gaming if someone would like to do it. maybe it can include MP option where your buddy can join in and become another commander or one of your units and you can still continue playing alone when they are not around.

You can make a new thread to get more feedback or ideas from other users too. You can even use the same concept for a Zombie mission!!

Damn, i'm willing to pay money for this kind of sandbox mission lol.

BIS make this into a DLC!!!!!

Have fun!

Edited by gunso

Any quality mission out there in which you play as MVD or spetznaz? Btw, what is the appropriate use of MVD?

So police duties and counter terrorism. But I wonder, are there soldiers with different outfits for these roles, or the ones in ArmA2 do police duties as well? They definately look strange for a police force in that uniform.

Edited by ziiip

It's a game where your AI soldiers have the ability to level up gaining better accuracy and response time.

Missions can be randomly generated with difficulty rating shown on map so Player can choose which difficulty mission he's able to do with his current army/soldiers.

Player soldiers will be bought at poll similar like warfare. One major difference is that barracks will only provide fresh green recruits. But your soldier will have the ability to level up base on his kills and participation in missions. Accuracy and response time will level up accordingly making you will want to try to keep all your soldiers alive as much as possible because nothing can buy experience. This way you will always have a nice mix of fresh recruits and veterans in your squad.

Completing missions or by killing will generate money or income for you to further upgrade your soldiers or the capability to upgrade your HQ to provide better equipment and weapons.

well lets just say it will be like warfare for single player but with soldiers that will get better after each kills and mission completion. So a commander job will be getting their units to the field and getting them back alive like a real comm supposed to be. And you will need to manage their ammo and weapons too and by coming back to HQ to refill your lost units and rearm. Ability to attach fix emplacement will be nice, dragging that expensive guns for your ambush mission and etc.

So as a commander your main job will be to complete your missions while keeping as many of your subordinate alive to keep their experience growing making them a bad ass unit in longer time.

Because missions are generated randomly you will have a perfectly nice sandbox game with high replay value. Having a soldier roster showing his name, kills, mission completion and ranks will be useful.

It's unlucky we still dont have a proper moral system or it can be included and your green recruits will cower in terror when their commander makes a wrong recon assessment and went against a T90 with green troops. (Remember hiding in a camp when the ground shakes with the sound of tank tracks getting near? >=P)

Missions can include random patrols or surprise missions with unknown difficulty status to add some spice to it. Because money are gained only by mission completions and kills, equipment and vehicles are valuables. If a player will rambo and kill all the enemy by himself, his soldiers wont gained any experience >=3

edit

4. Comm can respawn on mobile HQ or ambu (so player will not get sick of spawning at base XD)

5. Soldiers injured will transport to ambu and need to transport to base to stay in medical tent at base until recover (maybe after 2-3 mission) or

6. Injured soldiers will automatically transport to ambu or hospital to prevent tedious function of saving them on site (cause doing repetitive thing like that is boring, but you can add thefunction for anyone that prefer realism to the max =) )

7. Comm will be able to buy soldiers at base and manage their poll, replacing injured units with fresh recruits while letting injured veterans heal at field hospital.

8. Soldiers will DIE, but randomly. (No you dont get to resurrect them cause it's not a medieval RPG game. lawl)

Easy - 1 to 4 man team

3. sniper missions

4. steal the car (lol)

6. deliver supplies

ETC

1. Ambush enemy convoy

4. arty missions

2. Air support

3. Any medium operation

etc

Extreme

3. Using ICBM =)

etc

Unknown (?)

1. throwing in some surprise elements for the courages ones, maybe will gain high bounty

2. Maybe an easy mine disabling mission but in the middle of a tank convoy route or something (surprise!)

etc

Some harder missions can be set through some randomly generated major action like WICT mod n etc, like completing missions while 2 major forces are clashing together.

So in summary

- Keep AI alive -> Let them do the fighting -> much more bad ass AI for you to command

- Manage your AI through pools by adding them to your active group or letting them rest to heal.

Since it's an RPG, i guess your AI is the one with options to upgrade , well maybe u can upgrade by the equipment you can carry i guess. So the mission will be repetitive and you can choose which one to do at the current moment

Well this is the idea and i hope it will provide some interesting gaming if someone would like to do it. maybe it can include MP option where your buddy can join in and become another commander or one of your units and you can still continue playing alone when they are not around.

You can make a new thread to get more feedback or ideas from other users too. You can even use the same concept for a Zombie mission!!

Have fun!

Lots of potential, but finding someone who is willing to dedicate the time and effort to get it done will be a big challenge. I think I recall something like this back in the OFP days.

Hi Guys

New to this website and arma, had been a user of ofp but a little while ago.

Had an idea on a campaign based around asama bin laddin. but the name would be mussama lin baddin... The bearded veil

the campaign name would be something like: Pursue & Erase The Bearded Veil. OR Pursue and Nulify The Bearded Shroud.

It would start with a prologue of the taking of iraq

Then the next scene would be an allied base being attacked and destroyed by the taliban.

Which then brings the 1st mission. Ground force attack on the attacked compound which could be an either spec op where you go in and blow all remaining equipment or an all out attack with tanks.

A message is sent to our intelligence to say that the attack on the compound was just a entree to what is coming. The wraith of the bearded veil will strike upon your evil world until your blood runs through the streets of hell.

missions: first based as a commander of a unit of infantry patrolling but being ambushed in your vehicles seems to become to apparent.

A conspiracy theory seems to become apparent that a mole is amongst the allies based in your area.

mission to get the mole.

find out that one of the allies is taking a double role as an allie/trade dealer of arms to the enemy.

mission: Finding the arms transfer area and pin pointing area for bombing.

messages from the bearded veil are intercepted to pin point another shipment of arms to his forces which calls for a specs op and sniper and ranger team attack.

another mission would be to have a spec op or ranger team track down the allied/ arms dealers compound and send in apache helis to wipe the compound out with the spec ops or rangers to then go in and finish the job off and c4 whats left and eliminate the remainder of the enemy.

track down the hide out of mussama lin baddin's hide out and eliminate him and his hench man before they can get away. this could be through a couple of missions with small hints being picked up by the cmi (combined military Intelligence) This then converts to a seal team flying in to eliminate him and his henchman and to c4 the compound.

If someone knows of someone who would be interested in creating this campaign I would like to help in anyway but I havent done any scripting but could help with story line and beta testing. Please send me a private message or simply write a response here at this forum.

CraigM

Lots of potential, but finding someone who is willing to dedicate the time and effort to get it done will be a big challenge. I think I recall something like this back in the OFP days.

yeah it's really hard to do since it will be like a totally new game.

Other user replying to me said that it's similar to OFP resistance.

But i'm thinking of something that dont require you to load to next mission.

If bis willing to do a DLC for this maybe they can include the option for users to insert custom missions to it. Maybe in Arma3 i hope.

Remember the game mercenaries/GTA/mount and blade?

- Open world with multiple task to be done, totally sandbox style.

- Units with the ability to level up and etc.

- will be great with adding option for users to insert compilation of missions already done by the community in it, with reward for completing missions.

we will have the ultimate military game GTA style!! lol

Seriously, i've been playing mount and blade for all this time for the sandbox and the ability to upgrade my units. Makes you proud of your hard work and keeping your units alive.

But i think it's really suitable for zombie infested mission.

Those games weren't "sandbox" style, just open-world/free-roam. Also, you can rule out any chance of BIS doing it for you.

If you really want it done maybe you should do some research and eventually learn how to do it yourself? :)

edit

Easy - 1 to 4 man team

3. sniper missions

4. steal the car (lol)

6. deliver supplies

ETC

1. Ambush enemy convoy

4. arty missions

2. Air support

3. Any medium operation

etc

Extreme

3. Using ICBM =)

etc

Unknown (?)

etc

So in summary

Have fun!

I'm currently involved in a branching Addon opfor Campighn with some of these concepts. Its already 2 months behind scheduale and sort of a "back burner" project simply because of the time and resources that go into creating it- And im working with 12 other people, All of us fairly advanced in various editing concepts. Designing a mission like this would be even more complicated in sokme regards (espicially presistence).

Those games weren't "sandbox" style, just open-world/free-roam. Also, you can rule out any chance of BIS doing it for you.

If you really want it done maybe you should do some research and eventually learn how to do it yourself? :)

well my scripting skills is almost near to zero and the last time i did some engineering programming are just visio style connect the blocks and lines and a simple and, if, or program :p

Anyway, just providing new ideas for the community since i dont really have much time to even play most of the single player missions that i have currently have :D

I'm currently involved in a branching Addon opfor Campighn with some of these concepts. Its already 2 months behind scheduale and sort of a "back burner" project simply because of the time and resources that go into creating it- And im working with 12 other people, All of us fairly advanced in various editing concepts. Designing a mission like this would be even more complicated in sokme regards (espicially presistence).

Awesome!!

Wow 12 people, must be rather big project. looking forward to it but take your time, hope your team enjoys making it as we enjoys playing it lol.

Edited by gunso

well my scripting skills is almost near to zero and the last time i did some engineering programming are just visio style connect the blocks and lines and a simple and, if, or program :p

Anyway, just providing new ideas for the community since i dont really have much time to even play most of the single player missions that i have currently have :D

Awesome!!

Wow 12 people, must be rather big project. looking forward to it but take your time, hope your team enjoys making it as we enjoys playing it lol.

The biggie is that we all have other stuff going on.. Most of us are also involved in competitive clans, We have jobs, lives, etc. So finding tome for everyone to get together for dev & testing gets trickey. Not to mention we have several other more imediate projects in the works.

Less of request, but more of an idea. How about mission where player is a "game" that is hunted down? For example a specop mission went completely tits up and you are lone survivor. About 10 or more enemies is now trying to hunt you down, the problem is they have dogs that make straight beeline to you position.

From technical point I would make dogs move to player position (updated constantly) and enemy squad follow the dog, if dog is killed by resourceful player then enemy squad slows down, spreads out and tries conventional search pattern. Or to make it a bit more natural: player position is sampled every so often creating a set of waypoints that dogs will follow, this would allow creating ambushes and so on.

Just add some dramatic music, a thunderstorm and sounds of bloodhounds and you have very tense mission.

Edited by Taro8