Sign in to follow this  
biggerdave

Dangerous Designs SLA Pack R.3

For those wondering, "Dangerous Designs" is my new 'front' for releasing addons, the whole 'HSO' thing was really just a tag to prevent conflicts... ("Sulphuric Acid Studios" sounds kinda dumb, especially considering I don't have any kind of studio!)

Anywhos, here's Release 3, R3 has been optimized for operation arrowhead (but can still be used with vanilla ArmA.2), other than that, it's very similar to R2-P. (What happened to R2? Well, the preliminary release didn't have as many bugs as expected, so there wasn't really any need!)

Why did it take so long? Well... I'm quite good at procrastinating...

Additions of Note:

-Almost all textures redone (the only textures that haven't been changed since R2 are desert vehicles)

-Thermal Imaging Textures (OA users only)

-Backpacks (OA users only)

-AN2 and BTR60 in both woodland and desert schemes (OA users only)

-Interchangeable configs for both vanilla ArmA.2 and Combined Ops

Screenshots:

(These images are real ingame footage, none of these pictures are staged, the only photoshopping done has been cropping and resizing)

1-2.jpg

2-2.jpg

3-2.jpg

4-1.jpg

5-1.jpg

Download Links:

Filefront: [Download R3]

Armaholic: [Download R3]

Filefront: [Download Hotfix 1]

Armaholic: [Download Hotfix 1]

Armedassault.info: [Download R3 and/or Hotfix 1]

Requirements

A full installation of ArmA.2 or Combined Operations. At the current time, standalone OA is not supported.

Known bugs:

-Backpacks float in the air while not being carried by soldiers -no known solution

-Vehicle drivers spawn without backpacks -no known solution

-Especa AIMS-74 with PSO and Suppressor uses has no visible suppressor -resolved, correction to be included in hotfix 1

Edited by BiggerDave

Many thanks matey , be on .info in a giffy! :)

look nice nice work,ill wait a mission b4 dowload it

Operation Raptor, a mission for Pedagne Mod features the pack as OPFOR. It's based around R2, but should be fully compatible with this release :)

Updated release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

Many Thanks :) I've added the link to the first post.

Now we need only the RACS, for the "Sahrani War: Revival"

And a version of Sahrani that clocks in at less than a gig.

Very nice addon tho, kudos!

:yay:

Nice update!

Now we need only the RACS, for the "Sahrani War: Revival"

:yay:

Colt-733 and FN MAG added for those who shall not be mentioned

I deny everything! :yay:

Edited by BiggerDave

Perfect,

I'll test that soon vs some Seguridad guys on CAA1...

It will be a good motivation to finish a new version of the segu pack (I reworked completely the materials...). Death to procrastination

The screenies are awesome.

Thanks for your hard work

Now this is an asskicking mod !

Is there a way to set russian voice on it ? I cant stand this language... :D

Anyone found any noticeable bugs or omissions? I noticed a config issue, so I'll release a hotfix later today/tomorrow. (Check the first post for details)

Hotfix 1 has been released, this solves a few issues and adds some stuff overlooked in R3.

Filefront: [Download Hotfix 1]

Full list of changes:

1. Config files are no longer binarized

2. Class "HSO_AIMS74SPECOPSDPSO" pointed to the wrong model, this has now been fixed.

3. Backpacks on units now start with stuff in them

I really like your work! :) It's great and very, very essential for Sahrani missions having the good old SLA back. Same goes for RACS as soon as PRACS is released :) Without both Sahrani missions are not the same like in the old days.

@D@VÅ:

I'm using your mod in some missions. However I would like to add some additional units and config to your mod in separate files. Am I allowed to use your content (mostly textures) on the new units and release them some day? Of course the dedication will belong to you. :)

Right now I'm planning:

- SLA T-34

- SLA T-55

- SLA BRDM-2 HQ

- SLA L39

- SLA BTR-40

- SLA BTR-40 MG

- SLA SCUD Launcher

- SLA Offroad MG

- SLA Pickup MG

- SLA S1203 Skoda

- SLA Praha V3S (Reammo, Refuel, Repair, normal truck, Salvage, Supply)

+ CfgGroups entries

- SLA ammo crates

As you can see it's mostly stuff relating on Operation Arrowhead files. It's meant to be a classic stuff package for missions playing lots of years in the past or having a low-standard equipped SLA militia.

If you're already creating that stuff, please let me know so we don't do double work. If you want to add finished stuff to your mod, I'm fine with it.

Edit:

I guess some of the mentioned units don't have hiddenselections. I'm not sure if I can do anything with them :(

Edited by [GLT] Legislator

Hi D@VÅ,

Thanks for some super units, i like them very much and is using them a lot, a few questions:

* Can it be possible to also change texture of the helmets like the outfits, cause a green helmet doesn't always go good with the camo's...

* Is it possible to get a unit without headgear, so its possible to assign own...

Legislator:

Looks nice, hope you will get permission to do this...