Sign in to follow this  
turin turambar

PMC05 - Elimination

Well the reason why it's common sense that troop transport have their engine front is because the troops are sitting in the back.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but tanks and APCs don't just explode when they get a bullet to the engine block, do they?

This is a fun mission, but highly unrealistic in that sense.

Here's a summary, what happened when I was playing this mission with Group Link 4 AI enhancement:

Our team was me and 2 AIs. I Recruited the 2nd one (GL4 feature). We started moving north-east from start position, to the highest wooded hill and shot couple of infantry and tank crews in far north-west. We also dropped the M113 gunner, ignoring the vehicle's ability to still drive around - it couldn't shoot anymore, right? This probably was huge mistake, because the driver must had been pinpointing our location, and reporting it to his fellows...

Then after few minutes, all the hell broke loose; BMPs and T-72s started slowly rolling toward us. Not to mention of some lone infantry wandering in the area. We were highly outnumbered and surrounded on that hill. One BMP was coming up the hill in our rear. We desperately hid in the grass, bushes, tree trunks, anything we could find, hearing lots bullets land near us and whiz past ears. I somehow managed to blew them all by shooting the engine blocks (thru lots of savegames of course), and started retreating back towards the starting position.

At the same time, the UH-1Y had been circling above us for while, randomly spraying it's MG at my feet - until it ran out of ammo, thank god. We followed the dried up river and reached the SUVs alive and well. I picked PKM from the trunk and shot down the chopper. Now only one more "small" problem; the task list was extended by a T-55 and T-34, and they were closing in on the road and I'm out of AS50 ammo. Crap. One of the SUVs caught a sabot round... the clients jumped out of the vehicles. They looked surprisingly calm, like they were having a sunday walk in a park. And my team is under heavy fire, we're doomed... arghhh.

---

I suppose in vanilla those tanks won't come to you, or do they? You really need to search them, instead of them coming you? Great fun anyways, I just hate the continuous dying->loading save parts. :)

Edited by Osku

Did anyone manage to take down the helicoptor? I was a bit slow on the draw.

Also, I didn't realize there was an entire extra backpack full of clips till the last tank...

Now I'm having problems with the next mission :S

Did anyone manage to take down the helicoptor? I was a bit slow on the draw.

Also, I didn't realize there was an entire extra backpack full of clips till the last tank...

Now I'm having problems with the next mission :S

There are 2 Stinger launchers at the back of a parked UAZ at the North area of the map.

If you can't see the engine compartment that might be because you are looking from a bad aspect. try circle around the target and spot the engine.

Is it just me or does the thermal sight bug out at times? I had a perfect thermal of the first vehicle, a BRDM iirc. But on the M113 it was just a white shape, no engine glow or nothing. Should i be fiddling with the thermal sight :cool: or is it bugged on me? :mad:

I have never noticed this. Are you looking at the front of the M113, not the rear? If I remember correctly, the M113 has its engine in front, unlike most of the other vehicles in this mission.

it would be easier if you look up on wikipedia or globalsecurity to find out the engine block first lol

I actually noticed that, there is a crashed Apache on the east of ground zero. Does anyone knows why it's there?

If the taki shot down one of US or UK Apaches, there supposed to be so recover operation, how come NATO never found this test site?

I think i finished with 1 mag left, i reconed majority of the map and eliminated the mortar team to use it on the light armour.

I killed 100% of the enemy on the map i think, my fav ArmA mission of all time :) finished PMC today great campaign.

Mission took me 1 hr 20 mins.

The mission quality has risen greatly since OA appeared on the scene.

Makes u want to beg for more DLC campaigns.

Got problem with this, i killed all tanks and other enemy vehicles but doesnt get green light on the last one, i checked all map for more vehicles, whats up?

pcm05.jpg

Makes u want to beg for more DLC campaigns.

I strongly second the motion. :)

Got problem with this, i killed all tanks and other enemy vehicles but doesnt get green light on the last one, i checked all map for more vehicles, whats up?

If you really have checked the whole map, and didn't miss a vehicle somewhere, then it must be a bug. I would recommend restarting the mission, maybe there was a temporary glitch.

Or if you don't want to replay the mission, go back and search again, and try to find a vehicle that you might have missed.

Having played through, there is no objective bug in this mission. I would keep searching carefully.

If this are all Tanks u got (in ur pic), so you missed 2 ore more.

M113 and BRDM2 north of the starting point if im right

you did miss a vehicle. you need to spot it before its added too the mission log. look for a moving target

ye replay it.. and found some more and completed it.. pretty confusing though. when a target arrow suggest a place where there is no target on and no more signs on the map..

What's the range you need to be at to be able to distinguish the engine blocks from the rest of the vehicle? I keep crawling up pretty close, not seeing anything, getting shot at, and dying.

i hate to have to mention this, but you are using thermals right? they should be visible from hundreds of meters away

Never mind, I had ACE turned on, and once I turned it off everything worked fine.

Although I keep dying from infantry because my PDW is a terrible weapon and Asano always acts like an idiot and stands around like nothing is happening....

I've seriously considered trying to shoot him and grab his rifle lol.

I'm having a bit of a problem with the coop version of this mission since the 1.60 patch, actually. In the coop version, Poet has an anti-material rifle with a normal sight, while Asano has a XM-8 with a TWS on it. This forces the Asano player to "talk" his buddy's rounds on to the engine blocks of the various armored vehicles, which is amazingly fun.

Since the 1.60 patch, however, Asano's XM-8 has been missing the TWS. The anti-material rifle still has a normal scope, so taking out engine blocks is a matter of guesswork, and the really cool teamwork element is missing.

Is this happening to anyone else?

I'm having a bit of a problem with the coop version of this mission since the 1.60 patch, actually. In the coop version, Poet has an anti-material rifle with a normal sight, while Asano has a XM-8 with a TWS on it. This forces the Asano player to "talk" his buddy's rounds on to the engine blocks of the various armored vehicles, which is amazingly fun.

Since the 1.60 patch, however, Asano's XM-8 has been missing the TWS. The anti-material rifle still has a normal scope, so taking out engine blocks is a matter of guesswork, and the really cool teamwork element is missing.

Is this happening to anyone else?

That's a known issue:

https://dev-heaven.net/issues/16924

this thread really helped alot in seeing this mission through, took me around an hour in total, always keeping asano about 100m to the rear. The one strange event was taking out the tank near the ruins where the commander was (think it was a T55?) I sneaked pretty close and shot the driver, then a few seconds later the tank exploded, so I somehow got a one hit kill head on :confused: