Sign in to follow this  
ExplosiveAids

Strykers - SLAT armour (v1.3)

Hi everyone,

I've been updating and improving my Stryker pack and thought I'd share it. the initial coding was done by RicoADF, then Stiltman came onboard and really helped push this project forward.

If you're familiar with the previous release (v1.1) then here's a list of the changes we've made:

- Added two new Strykers: Medical Evacuation Vehicle (MEV) and Commander's Vehicle (CV)

- Fixed the issue with the floating steering wheel.

- Changed the texture of the ventilation box.

- Made the SLAT armour slightly wider (it was too narrow before).

- Improved the SLAT armour LODs (they're more efficient and better-looking now).

- Improved the high detail SLAT armour model (added the tow cable gate at the front).

- Added bump/normal maps to the spare wheel, canvas rolls and green bustle pack.

- Slightly improved the shadow LOD (the spare wheel now casts a shadow).

- Repositioned the spare wheel straps on some of the Strykers to fit properly.

They've been renamed slightly and can be found in Armor, under the following names:

- M1126 ICV (M2/SLAT)

- M1126 ICV (Mk19/SLAT)

- M1134 ATGM (SLAT)

- M1130 CV (M2/SLAT)

- M1133 MEV (M2/SLAT)

Stryker_SLAT_1304.jpgStryker_SLAT_1305.jpgStryker_SLAT_1306.jpgStryker_SLAT_1307.jpgStryker_SLAT_1308.jpg

http://www.filefront.com/17549691/exa-strykers.7z/

Edited by ExplosiveAids

Although I'm not much of a US army addon user, these look kicking rad!

wow these are truly awesome. I hope you can connect with the ACE guys and possibly get them imbedded into their project.

Thanks for the positive feedback, guys :)

You'll be pleased to know that Stiltman has started working on the conversion for ArmA2. We'll keep you updated on it's progress.

Nice work, thanks for keeping the Arma fires burning

You'll be pleased to know that Stiltman has started working on the conversion for ArmA2. We'll keep you updated on it's progress.

Good man. :)

nice addon,

I actually reinstalled Armed Assault for it and for the hummers :)

but, I really would love to see an Arma2 version of them, since they look soo much better than the default OA ones. :(

(I know that there is one in the works, but it never hurts to renew the wish, does it?)

nice addon,

I actually reinstalled Armed Assault for it and for the hummers :)

but, I really would love to see an Arma2 version of them, since they look soo much better than the default OA ones. :(

(I know that there is one in the works, but it never hurts to renew the wish, does it?)

Thanks, VeNoM (and everyone else). It actually made my day to hear that a few of you guys reinstalled ArmA1 just to check them out :)

Stiltman is working on the ArmA2 conversion btw. We can't give you a release date yet but as soon as we can, we will.

Hi EA,

I just had an idea - would you ever consider releasing a Stryker that doesn't have opening hatches?

I think it's an A1 bug where if the player is a passenger in an AI driven APC - the driver and commander will automatically "turn-out" - which exposes them to rifle fire. This makes it hard when you do an assault/patrol as mechanised infantry.

Is there a way to disable the "turn out" function on the Stryker so the crew is always "turned-in"?

Cheers EA

Stew

Hi EA,

I just had an idea - would you ever consider releasing a Stryker that doesn't have opening hatches?

I think it's an A1 bug where if the player is a passenger in an AI driven APC - the driver and commander will automatically "turn-out" - which exposes them to rifle fire. This makes it hard when you do an assault/patrol as mechanised infantry.

Is there a way to disable the "turn out" function on the Stryker so the crew is always "turned-in"?

Cheers EA

Stew

That's a good question. To be honest, I don't really know. Stiltman does all the complicated coding stuff (I just make the models) so I'll mention it to him.

Nice, those look really good in Arma 1, can't wait to see in Arma 2. :)

Without having Arma1 I had to quickly put these into Arma 2 to check them out and wow these blow the BIS OA Strykers away for detail.

Can't wait to see these things working in CO.

Can this be ported over to Arma 3? Any idea how complicated/hard that would be? A friend of mine is looking for strykers to use in Arma 3

Can this be ported over to Arma 3? Any idea how complicated/hard that would be? A friend of mine is looking for strykers to use in Arma 3

If you are seriously interested in Porting this addon, please contact the author permission. There are plenty of members in the Editing Section who will be able to advise you.