Sign in to follow this  
Altimeter

Very impressive Mech addon by waterhiro

I love the idea of this but when I try to use it I get an error re a collision file and someting .DLL, then the bot's shadows are displayed unattatched, at a distance and visible through the unit. Have I missed a dependency somewhere?

Anyone try 3.0 yet and see if, as an AI, it opens up fire any better than before?

Sorry to bump,

Is this the same as the one released in OpF?

I think the OFP one was the mech from ghost in the shell. would be nice to have that one ported and it be OPFOR.

You know, rather than running like a gazelle it would probably look a lot smoother if it moved like a Tachikoma from Ghost in the Shell:SAC.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qqz8B-Z6ijM

Instead of trying to run at high speeds they roll around on multidirectional footpads. Also jumping would be useful. If I remember correctly there were some mecha addons in OFP that could use jump boosters to move short distances, cross rivers, jump on top of buildings and to cushion their landings. Could be a useful feature.

This addon could also use a digital HUD and 2ndary weapon. Instead of 2 miniguns, maybe replace the right one with a railgun, grenade launcher or 120mm cannon. Also, the smoke & muzzleflash from each weapon needs to be aligned with it's origin. Instead of all shots appearing to come from the top-centerline of the vehicle.

This is nice. The guns are a bit powerfull, it shoots through tanks and buildings like nothing. Not a big deal though, since you can arm it with Human weapons from the gear window.

Right now all i get shot with is machine gunfire from enemy tanks, maybe they don't recognize it as armor and wont use the cannon?

The super mini gun is tons of fun, i leveled Zargabad with it.:yay:

thanks allot for this.

Tanks use the cannon, I think it depends if you are on the move or not. They definitely do though, I've been bombed too by jets. I made a mission where it was me with about 5 Mechs, and we had a huge Armageddon battle royale against entire companies of Russian soldiers with tanks and heavy air support.

Can't wait for the Predator addon and other alien stuff, so I can have a amazing War of The Worlds scenario. :)

You know, rather than running like a gazelle it would probably look a lot smoother if it moved like a Tachikoma from Ghost in the Shell:SAC.[

Excellent project, but I agree, that jumping around doesn't look very practical;besides it means it cannot really shoot properly while moving.

it would be nice to use this to make some humanoid mechs like wanzers from front mission like those addons for OFP. Gratz to the creator. been hoping someone would do this. it would be nice if this guy released more mechs for AO ^^

Edited by Zedrein

it would be nice to use this to make some humanoid mechs like wanzers from front mission like those addons for OFP. Gratz to the creator. been hoping someone would do this. it would be nice if this guy released more mechs for AO ^^

Why dont you do it? According to your signature you are in the "ARMAII OA Sci-Fi Mech Mod " :D

waterhiro has sent to Armed Assault.info an early beta test version of his new District9-Mech addon.

It seems the Mech is still in an early beta testing test state ... but it has already some potential ^^.

district9 mech-Beta [OA] (v beta test) : http://www.armedassault.info/index.php?game=1&cat=addons&id=1622

I still get collisionshape/shadow errors with the latest version - does anyone know if theres a conflicting mod anywhere?

[EDIT]

Scratch that - for whatever reason my game seems to believe that half the damn config is missing! I just spent half an hour eperimenting with adding sections and it kept finding more that it wanted! How is it that everyone else can get this working?

Edited by RabidStoat
result of trying to fix myself

He needs to make these Mechs have a Empty and Independent option, I really want to use these for my Alien mission and the Aliens need land vehicles.

Besides that, I am eager to try out the District 9 Mech :)

Hilarious little bugger! Awesome fun to use. Could you just perhaps not make the poor robot bleed when it gets shot? It is a robot after all.