lennard

Lennard's WIP thread

Thanks Fox for clarification:)

Well I don't have a model of the Alice pack.. so that's where the story stops I guess

And if you look better in the first pic. You'll see the Marine in the front has an LBE.

OA backpacks have alice sacks , they might work , just config em to have your own loadouts.. i have a pbo ready for them, i'll check on it and send it to you if you want. no p3ds needed.

That fella in the front of the first pic has two kneepads in the normal, but just the one on.

Looking good mate.

That fella in the front of the first pic has two kneepads in the normal, but just the one on.

Looking good mate.

Yeah noticed it too when editing the screens (didn't bother too much so just posted them here).

Was a small typo in the rvmat which has been fixed already.

Thanks for notifying :)

OA backpacks have alice sacks ' date=' they might work , just config em to have your own loadouts.. i have a pbo ready for them, i'll check on it and send it to you if you want. no p3ds needed.[/quote']

Yeah but those don't really match the rest of the unit's textures. Might retex them then.. hmm

Appreciate the help guys

• Like 1

stop givin him a hard time about DCU's.. they're fine.

anyway, any more screens of the LBV? did you ever finish it?

Edited by Fox '09

About the DCU, it looks fine

Are they ACE compatible? I ask it, cuz i want play them in the ACE mod.

I don't know. I don't have ACE installed cause I don't like it. Maybe one of my beta testers could answer the question? :)

Yeah they work fine with ACE for me, I don't see why they wouldn't.

Can't wait for the Marines to be finished. Will there be any SF?

Hey Lennard, you know that you are using the old school M1956/M1967 LCE Belt. The ALICE uses a duck bill buckle or fastex buckles and doesn't have the middle row of grommets.

Edited by suhsjake

Yeah they work fine with ACE for me, I don't see why they wouldn't.

Can't wait for the Marines to be finished. Will there be any SF?

Yeah me neither, but I don't have really experience with the latest versions of ACE.

No "SF"- Marsoc Planned.

Have never seen any pics of Marsoc guys from 2003- early 2004 so haven't got any info on what gear they used etc.

Marsoc was formed 2005, so they were not around. Force Recon was around though and if Generation Kill TV show was anything to go by, then whatever the Marines in that were using as the characters were Force Recon.

Hey Lennard, you know that you are using the old school M1956/M1967 LCE Belt. The ALICE uses a duck bill buckle or fastex buckles and doesn't have the middle row of grommets.

Thanks for the info.

Will look if I can use BIS textures of their ALICE belt, by modifing the old skool LCE model.

your dcu's are fine.

and regarding ace, there's not much an addon maker to do to make them "ace compatible"..the only thing is to make an ACEX config which has all the guys running around with those fancy acex weapons, which imo is a complete waste of time to write an entire second config for an addon. i did it with my 2008 us infantry awhile back, bad idea. i'm pretty sure if you just run the addon with ace you won't have problems.

i'm also working on a demo mission for these guys and hopefully i can have it finished when the units are released. i'm looking for voice actors, so feel free to pm me if interested.

great work lennard. can't wait for the public release.

Yeah they run fine with ACE/ACEX as is, did you figure out that alpha problem with the netting mate? Would be cool to have them in still.

Looking good mate.

Yes, the nettings on the helmets look quite weird but would definitely be awesome if fixed up and looking proper.

Please make Army units in DCU with Interceptor Body Armor and MOLLE gear, when you released this addon.

Yeah solved the alpha problem by adding it in the pbo folder. Works now.

Please make Army units in DCU with Interceptor Body Armor and MOLLE gear, when you released this addon.

already answered this.

lol, i can make it if you REALLY need it. but these guys are the same exact thing..

lol, i can make it if you REALLY need it. but these guys are the same exact thing..

Yeah they would just need unit patches of some sort I guess.

My focus rightnow is to finish and extend this addon first.

Then help people I promised I would.

I messed around a bit for Recon Marines.

I am not saing these are super duper realistic, but they look different from the PAGST guys.

I don't promise they will make it in the first release due to shortage of free time.

Here are some shots:

oifwip13.th.png

click for high-res

oifwip15.th.png

click for high-res

oifwip14.th.png

click for high-res

Edited by Lennard