Sign in to follow this  
abel

ARMA 2:OA beta patch 75445

Will test this new one... :)

are all sound issues fixed in the next RC patch eg

Cannot load sound 'ca\dubbingradio_e\radio\male02tk\default\weapons\machinegun.ogg'

Cannot load sound 'ca\dubbingradio_e\radio\male02tk\default\weapons\cannonlow.ogg'

There are some more to sound quickfixes todo if you start/edit A2 content with CO...

When will you be releasing a stable release for the 1.55 patch or

are you going to change the beta patches back to 1.54.

As it always has been, the response to that is "when it's ready", and I think it's highly unlikely they're going to change the beta patch number back to 1.54. ;)

Interesting.

It would appear that the latest beta tweaks the gun-stuck-in-doorways feature almost as per this thing. I'm guessing this may be a byproduct of the stone-fixes. Can anyone else confirm?

-k

I just went to Zagrabad to test the performance and yes, i had a smoother feeling walking trough doorways and leaning, dont thing its imagining!

Still i hope at least the chopper bug to be fixed before a stable release, but im sure they working on it, since the RLS should be called STABLE:)

My old savegames dont work with this patch!Is there a way to fix that?

campaigns, revert to last mission start.

SP Missions, start from scratch.

multiplayer, same as SP Missions.

i also notice a new option in menu - HDR quality, or that's not a new feature?:butbut:

changed since last build 74584

Edited by =KCT=BlackMamba

Glad to test and confirmed the rocks and stone don't ambush and trapped you anymore. No jumpy death of annoyance. Great, but hoping to see fixes on the chopper.

Tested some 2hr last night with FULL ace1.6 and

i didnt notice any downers..

Tried DOMI on NON dedi, was ok...

Tried Editor with some AI´s and some enemy AI, was ok

My specs arent that good to begin with but i honestly

havent seen any changes or its just my view (blind)

since A1..Exept version nr in th screen..

Amd Phenom 9500 2.2

3Gb Ram

Nvidia 8800GT 1Gb

Wind Vista

No more CTD wilth Alt+Tab (like the previous beta) but...

random flickering on trees, after a few minutes -> map view and back plenty of missing objects and texture on vehicules, require to force "flush" each time

Game settings:

- View Distance : 1600

- Texture: Normal

- Video Memory: Very High

- Anisotropic filtering: Very High

- Antialias: off

- Objects and Terrain detail: Normal

- Shadow detail: High

- Post Process: off

- HDR : Normal

- Vsync : Off

Resolution and 3D Resolution 1280 X 1024

Although the most obvious thing right away was the tree LOD loading on Chernarus (via OA CO) ... I have been making a mission on Chernarus and have been on that map for some hours over the past few evenings, and so I noticed it right away. The LOD for trees are "flickering" rapidly and randomly in the distance as if they are not sure what LOD level to load a flicks through stages very fast, its very odd too look at.

Again, this quick flicker of trees is not in previous betas, never so obvious.

I confirm it.

- fix the collision model for all weapons with a longer barrel:

M107, M107 TWS, M40A3, M24, M24 camo, M24 desert, M110, M110 TWS, DMR, M14 AIM, XM8 Sharpshooter, Mk17 Sniper, Mk17 Sniper TWS SD, Mk17 Sniper SD, Mk17 CCO SD, M240, M240 scope,

KSVK, SVD, SVD camo, SVD NSPU, PKP, PKM, RPK,

MG36, FN FAL, FN FAL AN/PVS-4, Lee Enfield.

Those weapons reveal hidden players or AI who are in buildings/behind walls. Imho its better and more authentic to keep the idea + use of CQB/CQC weapons for urban combat instead of beeing able to clip all weapons through or in walls. Perhaps changing arm and stance animations could help a lot?

- AI is not able to get wounded players out of vehicles

- AI walks through walls and under elevated buildings

- AI still crashes helicopters into hills and trees of A2 + OA maps/islands

- flickering trees and small objects is getting worse (try settings on low/normal)

Heya guys. I installed the new beta today, and was about to test the enw armory with a mate. As I went to conect to our server, I came up with some errors. (You can see them here: http://img839.imageshack.us/img839/5501/arma2oa2010111117452698.jpg )

Anyone else had any problems with the Armory and/or know how to fix this problem?

Thanks in advance. ;)

Tree LODs switching are so annoying in last beta. They switch back and forth constantly instead of one switch. I have created two videos.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OyfgLRz-jnI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VkRvtHDr3H8

It looks like there is a problem only with one LOD because I see this flickering on same distance for all trees.

Thanks you confirmed what I was referring to very early in this thread (with a video also) yours makes it more clear.

I see 1.55 is released .... hmmmmm.

That LODs switching is also affecting on grass and other small vegetation. If you move camera slowly in cutscene there is even whole small plants and sections of grass blinking.

Why did they release the final when it was clear that many people weren't happy with the last beta. It's important that finals are stable, you don't want to be stuck with blinking textures for months waiting for the next final. Finals should not if possible introduce new problems. This final is a fail for me as I can't stand flashing textures.

Same for me and we dont even get a answer why, thats what i hate about it.

By the way, the last stable patch also was not stable, since there was the major issue with WP´s in dangermode. Im just thinking about chanceling my PMC order cause the game is not playeble for me with the latest stable patch again. Does BIS care? NO.:(

If you guys really care release a hotfix for this...

Here is a clear video of that annoying grass blinking in cutscenes (its a hidden video):

I updated the ATI drivers, but no help.

Guess we have to wait for the next bigger beta patch until the PMC DLC is released. In that way BIS is able quickfix new PMC issues/bugs too. Lets say one week after PMC DLC there could be another all-in-one beta patch.

there is no way i will buy PMC if those problems are not fixed now.

1 month is gone since they introduced the chopper bug with a beta and didnt fix it till yet. now, if the patch would run good, im ok with that, but its not!

compared to this, the chopper bug is a small one...

textures[all textures] are constantly rebuilding itself if i look around, the game is absolutly broken for me now. i waited 1 month, tested with the betas to be able to play it. im more then pissed and i have good reasons for it. i just got a fresh install of XP and Arma, so this is definitly not the problem. As you see others reported this in the last beta, but it was just ignored.

BTW. i wonder if i get any feedback on this. Dwarden mostly ignores constuctive critism somehow?!

Edited by Himmelsfeuer

Having objects detail on very high are curing the worst of the flickering for me, still some flickering though!

so, why we dont get a answer from Dwarden here. why you guys pushed that patch out with known bugs allready yet?

I just talked to Damu via PM and his answer was, ask Dwarden, hes the Community Manager.