Sign in to follow this  
lightspeed_aust

co07 mission pack for dedicated servers

Hi folks

Download link version 1.1 - http://www.filefront.com/17422078/GRmissionsArma2_6packpbos.rar

i have just been advised that when i pbo'd flamepillar i did not copy in the other files so only mission.sqm inside - sorry

here is the file fix - http://www.filefront.com/17426043/co7_GR_flamepillar_v1-4.Zargabad.pbo

Update log -

-fixed spawn error (spawning in no mans land)

-changed the versioning numbers

-got rid of the BAF to US Special Forces only

-changed a few weapons

-added another mission on Chernarus - remake of original castle_day mission from Ghost Recon

-AI enabled by default - can be disabled at pre-launch screen (you can play SP through MP Lan)

Additional notes -

Norrins Revive - all players have 2 revives but Medic has 10 available.

Respawning - Squad Leader has a mobile respawn unit at his disposal which when deployed provides the addtional spawn closer to team, otherwise you respawn near insertion zone.

UPSMON script used and loved :-)

No ammoboxes at insertion - kits are preset so that your class selection matters - you may find enemy ammoboxes along the way which can be raided and of course enemy weapons can be picked up.

It's been a while since I released missions here but I have produced several missions now for coop dedicated servers which have been tested to varying degrees and seem to work well.

Here are 6 missions, all 7 man coop across Chernarus, Takistan, Zargabad and Shapur and are in the Ghost Recon vein of mission (GR was my addiction for years) - quite a lot of variation. It is vanilla OA/Arma2, I dint want to complicate things.

I have given the teams revive script with all men able to preform 2 revives except for medic who can do 10. Everyone has 2 respawns as well which are either at a designated position on map or at the leader if he deploys this mobile respawn unit.

The kits are preset so that all players have their primary responsibilities on the mission.

Read the briefs guys so you know what's going on - my biggest gripe when hosting lol. Players just want to blow shit up and shoot stuff - there is a time and a place for that!

Not much else to say except I hope you enjoy them and plz report bugs if you find any but should all work at this stage.

Lightspeed from ghostrecon.net

Edited by Lightspeed_aust
update

Says on the description in Armaholic that these missions are made to run on dedicated servers? So hosting it myself on my gaming desktop PC will be slow?

no npz at all - but if you want to take ai you need to change a line of code in the description -

change the 1 to 0.

disabledAI = 1;

The rescue the pilot mission has a bug, when You get killed and respawn at insertion You end up 24,000m from the action on the other side of the map. I had to quit and join back in as another member of the squad.

Was a Ghost Recon fan myself, before they ruined it with this Advanced Warfighter crap. Love these missions, nice and simple tasks but pretty difficult to complete, more please :D

BTW, I've our dedi server hosting these on rotation for a few days for anyone that wants to join. Server is in Dublin and should have very good pings to anywhere in Europe, see below

Thanks for sharing the missions pack. The missions are great.

Regarding the respawn bug for co7_GR_EagerSmokev16.Takistan (rescue pilot) mission.

I saw the markers were moved to the bottom left of the map. The "insertion" marker is also used in a UPS call. It seems UPS moves the markers there, instead of (more logically) hiding it using setMarkerAlphaLocal.

You just need to fix these 2 calls to use a new different marker.

mission.sqm:

500: init="nul=[this,""insertion"",""Nowait""] execvm ""scripts\UPSMON.sqf""; ";
1771: init="nul=[this,""insertion"",""Nowait""] execvm ""scripts\UPSMON.sqf""; group1 = group this;";

Also fix this line: "disabledAI = 100Rnd_127x99_M2;" to "disabledAI = 1;"

Edited by Dr_Eyeball

Re co7_GR_flame_pillar_v13.Zargabad it is an improved version of this right?

Are all the other missions of this pack new?

Please fix the version numbering for your missions: v13 => v1-3.

Thanks

I just realized you posted in the wrong section of the forum: > ARMA: ARMED ASSAULT / COMBAT OPERATIONS > ArmA - USER MISSIONS

Edited by Lonestar
wrong section

ah ok - a couple of issues my bad - and wrong section - will fix.

versioning number has been bugging me actually - will tweak too.

i have just added new versions -

updates -

-fixed spawn error (spawning in no mans land)

-changed the versioning numbers

-got rid of the BAF to US Special Forces only

-changed a few weapons

-added another mission on Chernarus - remake of original castle_day mission from Ghost Recon.

will be marked download version 1.1

Are these two missions deprecated now that you have included them in the pack?

yes mate - they have been revised several times since those files, hence, i did not revive those threads.

my current pack contains most recent versions.

update

Thanks for the effort to put these out Light. I'll check them out shortly. I made an Eager Smoke mission in arma 2 and never made it public because of minor bugs. It used the Rescue logic to rescue the pilot and weapons officer and once rescued they were under the rescuer's command. It needed work and time which I didn't have. This should be some good stuff. I'll try to get this on one of our servers today. Thanks again.

Good to see you are making stuff for OA now ! You 're works for the GR community was awesome ! Just a suggestion maybe? can you make some sp ones or at least make them playable sp/mp ? Sometimes i like play online sometimes not and i 'm sure i 'm not the only ones ! anyway keep up the goodwork !

these are all playable in SP - just play them through MP Lan ;)

Thx for the info ;) We already know that the real ghost recon is dead ! Graw was not really good and that 's why i have jump to arma ! Future soldier gonna suck big time too ! and we have to deal with it ! The good news is that GR veterants like you are here now !! What do you think about making a good campaign based on the old good ghost recon for OA? Like something in the spirit of "Desert siege" . I 'm learning how to make missions for OA and i will try to make some:) but i still need to practice with the ed . Keep us update lightspeed .

have a look at this -

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=100135

and then this -

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=109123

you read my mind lol

and just a side note - my missions in this current pace were built for coop so will be harder to complete in sp - i haven't tried myself in sp so let me know.

Hi, in Flame Pillar, I only have on Satchel charge in the entire team. Is this correct? What do I use to destroy the other objectives? The rocket launchers?

Hey Lightspeed, nice work, we had some fun on these tonight, with just 3 or 4 of us. We always use revive, so great for a small casual night.

Only annoyance was in most missions where we had backpacks, these had MK17 + SD ammo, but we were equipped with MK16s requiring STANAGS, so you only had the ammo on you (backpack ammo was useless).

@ Gnarly - ok i will look at update to the backpack issue.

@ BF2 Trooper - the d30s can be destroyed with sustained machine gun fire or rpgs or satchels - but i will look at adding second demolitions dude.