Sign in to follow this  
xeno426

TGW Vehicle Fixes

Yeah, probably there's no "hardmount" for loader inside vehicle, still as long as his feet don't stick trough tank's bottom (or head trough turrret) weird positioning inside tank doesn't really matter, as unlike OFP we don't see tanks interior anyway.

this may work

class M1A2_TUSK_MG: M1A1
{
	class Turrets: Turrets
	{
		class MainTurret: MainTurret
		{
			class Turrets: Turrets
			{
				class LoaderTurret: NewTurret
				{
					canHideGunner = 1;//0;

Hmm, I'm not sure about adding that. With that code, it also prevents human players from turning in, making them sitting ducks ala Battlefield 1942.

A human cannot turn in as loader in the TUSK in standard arma?!

This tweak would make that possible.

Yep. The above config tweak should fix that for AI and humans.

Hello there!

Is it possible to change the way the T90 and BMP3 handle their ATGMs? Right now they can fire their cannon and at the same time use their missiles which is not very nice if you're on the other side of the barrel :)

I'm not sure what you want. In order to use the ATGM's on those vehicles, you have to first switch to the missile, so it's not possible to fire them both at the same time.

Wow that was fast :D

Well, currently the Refleks and Arkan missiles are defined as a seperate weapon enabeling you to fire a Heat round and a second after that you can fire a missile, while in reality you would have to choose either Heat or Refleks, as they are both fired from the tanks main gun.

So, what I am asking for is to make these missiles 'magazines' for the corresponding tank guns. Sorry if it sounds 'demanding' (it's pretty early and I am already half asleep)

There's a few problems with doing that, and foremost on my list is that it would break compatibility with Mando's missile mod.

There are also issues regarding traits that can only be assigned to a weapon through its weapon class, not the magazine or ammo.

• The AI's engagement range for weapons is set by the weapon class, not the magazine or ammo.
  • Weapon lock is handled by the weapon class
  • Minor, but the cursor is defined in the weapon class

I am also unsure how the interaction between a magazine with a different load time from the weapon using it would work out. I suspect the weapon class would take precedence.

If I made such a change to those weapons, it would be part of a different mod, not this one.

Wow that was fast :D

Well, currently the Refleks and Arkan missiles are defined as a seperate weapon enabeling you to fire a Heat round and a second after that you can fire a missile, while in reality you would have to choose either Heat or Refleks, as they are both fired from the tanks main gun.

So, what I am asking for is to make these missiles 'magazines' for the corresponding tank guns. Sorry if it sounds 'demanding' (it's pretty early and I am already half asleep)

Oden has found a workaround for this (I'm working on a standalone replacement version on and off).

The AI uses missiles and the main gun without cheating, and the player cannot one-two punch.

EDIT - You should see the BMP3 operate. The damn thing is a killing machine. Bow MGs blazing, 30mm HE spewing out into infantry, occasionally a 100mm OG round for good measure, then firing a 9M117 and 30mm AP against MBTs (all after correct reload times, of course). Freakin' ludicrous.

Edited by CameronMcDonald

@cameron:

Now you got me excited :) To be honest, I didn't think that there is a way to let the AI make use of the missiles when it is redifined as a magazine, hearing that there is a work around sounds very good.

If you ever finish the config, would you consider making it public? :D

@Xeno: Okay, totally understandable. However I have another question: would it be possible to add a "turret direction indicator" for tanks / apcs to your mod? That is one of (imho) the best features of ace since finally you know in which direction the different parts of your tank are facing. (I tend to get disoriented pretty easy :D)

EDIT - You should see the BMP3 operate. The damn thing is a killing machine. Bow MGs blazing, 30mm HE spewing out into infantry, occasionally a 100mm OG round for good measure, then firing a 9M117 and 30mm AP against MBTs (all after correct reload times, of course). Freakin' ludicrous.

need.

@Xeno: Okay, totally understandable. However I have another question: would it be possible to add a "turret direction indicator" for tanks / apcs to your mod? That is one of (imho) the best features of ace since finally you know in which direction the different parts of your tank are facing. (I tend to get disoriented pretty easy :D)

I've not played ACE, so I don't know how their system works, nor would I know how to implement a similar system without ripping the ACE one off wholesale--something I'm sure they would not be terribly happy with.

If you ever finish the config, would you consider making it public?

Not to derail mah man Xeno's thread too much, I'm almost done. Just need to sort the T72s and T90s and it'll be good to go. :)

Looks like Cameron's answered your request.

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=15332

If there's any issue with that mod and mine, let me know. I'll make a separate compatibility mod.

@Xeno

yeah, I already tried it :D so far I haven't found any problems with your mod, but maybe someone else who can try it more in depth finds something.

Issues will come up if any of the weapons the mod uses don't have ballistic computers (ballisticsComputer=1 or 2); that is required for the vehicle to use zeroing.

Hello everybody, i talked about this a few months ago with no positive results but because i am so stubborn, i am here again hehe, now seriously, i just want to know if there is any chance of a future update enabling the use of the green thermal imaging display of the Abrams in the Apache and Cobra, as i have mentioned before that's the way the gunner sees the FLIR in his cockpit, becasue the images are displayed in a green monochrome screen, so i think it would bee an interesting alternative to tha black and white display, i can post somed videos and images of this, if anyone wants.

thanks!

Hello everybody, i talked about this a few months ago with no positive results but because i am so stubborn, i am here again hehe, now seriously, i just want to know if there is any chance of a future update enabling the use of the green thermal imaging display of the Abrams in the Apache and Cobra, as i have mentioned before that's the way the gunner sees the FLIR in his cockpit, becasue the images are displayed in a green monochrome screen, so i think it would bee an interesting alternative to tha black and white display, i can post somed videos and images of this, if anyone wants.

thanks!

It's already green on the Apache and Cobra. The Abrams have been left the way they are due to this post. Any evidence for the proper video setup on the M1A1 and M1A2 TUSK would be appreciated.

It's already green on the Apache and Cobra. The Abrams have been left the way they are due to this post. Any evidence for the proper video setup on the M1A1 and M1A2 TUSK would be appreciated.

Mmm.. it is already green in the apache and Cobra, so i might be doing something wrong, cause i installed the latest update and the FLIR still is black and white, could you help me with this? I dropped the files on Add Ons and Key folders and added @TGW in the shortcut, is that the correct instalation or i am missing something?

You may have an old version of the mod still running somewhere. Make sure you don't have any other mods in the @TGW folder, no mods in your default /addons/ folder for ArmA2/OA, and that the shortcut doesn't load any other mods.

You may have an old version of the mod still running somewhere. Make sure you don't have any other mods in the @TGW folder, no mods in your default /addons/ folder for ArmA2/OA, and that the shortcut doesn't load any other mods.

I am running ACE mod ACEX and ACE US NAVV, i have to remove them? is there any incompatibility between ACE and the latest TGW? i hope not!

I have no idea if there are compatibility issue with the vehicle fixes mod and ACE. However, it's standard procedure to reduce the number of variable you have to worry about when troubleshooting. If you think a particular mod is causing a problem, play with nothing but that mod running to see if it is.

If there is a compatibility issue, it's likely because ACE defines the kind of thermal systems those vehicle can use, and those values are overwriting mine. You could also try making my mod load after ACE.