Sign in to follow this  
rejenorst

Rejenorst's Missions [SP/MP/COOP]

Ok. Well I have building clearance side missions working. Its far from perfect since the AI is not so good indoors. One thing I have to do is stop enemies from crouching in the hotel as I have them randomly stand/crouch. It semi works in the Construction site building but isn't so good in the hotel. This mission type will only occur is a hotel or construction site is nearby. At this point it takes a bit of imagination and you will be able to switch sidemissions on/off at startup.

As for the sniper, I will have 1 sniper with a 50Cal spawn at the mission start but no waypoint will be made to him as sometimes he spawns at an inaccessible location (skyscraper rooftop). Instead a radio transmission will just notify when he's been killed. I could also put a timer on it and have an Apache take him out later on but am not sure yet.

SrV5G5qVdbM

Looks like some quality stuff here as usual Rejenorst :)

As for your attempt at indoor AI fighting, join me in a prayer for deliverance

MsgCLX84RZo

Cheers man :)

Would be great if they integrated some features from VBS2 into ARMA2 for building combat.

Hello Rejenorst!

Wow, i´m really impressed by this video! If i imagine that clearing is for real, all the rooms, the long floors, hided corners etc.; puuh strange...!

I think i get lost by this houseclearing...every second would scares me if i think of the enemy, who can shoot me at every corner...!

Amazing story and the translation to the mission!

Regards

McLupo

Hi Mclupo!

Glad you like it. The enemy is a lot more lethal now that I have them standing rather than crouching as well :)

Yeah enemies will sometimes shoot out of or in through the windows. The hotel however I don't think has any glass over the windows which makes it easier. Whereas a some of the OA buildings do.

Hi Rejenorst

Since i found your Martyrdom Mission yesterday, i´m a really big Fan of your Work. Congrats to this! :thumb:

Hi Rejnorst!

First of all, u want to said to you that your missions are great! I see that you really put a hard work to make them... But I have problems with "Hunted"... At te begining of the mission, militia man start firing at me during animation... So, animation is not finish but i'm dead... Do anybody else had the same problem?

Hmmm. Are you using Arma2 or Arma2 combined ops?

Also are you using any addons/mods?

Also which patch version of ARMA2 are you using?

Thanks.

My version is 1.57.76815... I have some addons but i dont using mods... I brought separetly Arma 2, then OA...

I will have to double check Hunted and maybe put another 2 lines of code in just to be sure the militia don't fire at your player character before the animation is done. I am pretty sure player is set to setcaptive true but I'll double check.

I remember wenn i was playing Hunted i have the same problem. One guy from millitia the closest to mass grave start shothing at me wenn animations was played. I restart mission 4-5 times and after 6 time all was ok :)

I play on arma 2 co v1.59 no ai mods, only jsrs v1.3 and war fx blastcore rc1.2

My version is 1.57.76815... I have some addons but i dont using mods... I brought separetly Arma 2, then OA...

Try patching up the latest official patch (1.59). If it still doesn't work, try the latest beta patch.

Haha, had a nice Moment in the Mission "Steel Garden".

Our Squad secured the Village, and then nothing happened. I walked a little bit up and down in the Village, and the SL said to me "target that...", but no one to see. I moved carefully into a bigger Hut, into the Floor, and heard Battlescreams. I leaned around the Door to my right, and two Taki Soldiers stand there around a Civilian, aiming on me. No Casualties, but an really exciting CQB. :)

@tom & Domo:

yeah I will need to double check the hunted mission. There does seem to be some inconsistency in AI behavior at times from one version to another which is annoying.

@Humvee:

Civilian Hostages? haha joke :D The AI can be random at times :)

MARTYRDOM 2

mission5.jpg

This is a port of my Martyrdom mission to the Fallujah map Version 1.2 by -[TdC]-Shezan.it its designed for random urban operations where enemy units are spawned randomly into buildings located within sectors, where units have random skill and weapon kits and move randomly between buildings.

There is also random civilians and random civilian traffic, player weapon selection and mission setting options at the start of the mission such as the number of enemies, friendly squads, fog, time of day and some limited side missions. The main objective is to clear out a randomly chosen sector in the combat zone which is randomly placed around the map where there are buildings.

SITUATION:

Around the same time as the invasion of Takistan, NATO led forces began limited air operations against Syria, further increasing the isolation of Iran from its neighboring allies and land trade routes. Although Iran fiercely condemned western intervention in Takistan and Syria it did not use overt military means to combat the encroaching western powers. Instead Iran focused its attention on aiding and supporting local insurgent groups in Takistan, Iraq and Afghanistan in order to weaken western resolve in these areas. Facing both political and financial difficulties due to sanctions and populist demand for greater social freedoms however, Iran could not engage in any form of military offensive without domestic consent. That domestic consent was achieved by an Israeli pre-emptive strike on Iran’s nuclear facilities, which unfortunately served to undermine U.S. funded Iranian internal opposition groups. As part of its retaliation, Iran sent a coalition force made up of Takistani, Iranian, Afghani and Iraqi insurgents and military detachments. These penetrated U.S. defenses in the North of Iraq, bypassing Baghdad via Kirkuk and Tikrit and establishing a foothold in major cities sympathetic to anti coalition forces (ACF). Elements of the Iranian coalition forces have also been airlifted into and around Fallujah in an attempt to organize resistance groups to combat U.S. forces on the ground. The enemy has brought in large quantities of small arms for distribution among locally recruited insurgent groups. The enemy is using the urban terrain to their advantage as we cannot carpet bomb the entire city without losing the support of the Iraqi government.

Mission notes:

-At the beginning of this mission you will be able to set the number of enemy AI. Enemies at the objective will start and will only move between buildings in the vicinity of the objective, while insurgents will move around the city's sectors at will.

-There is now an option to have 2 additional friendly squads join you. The first squad which is on by default will also have a bradley or HUMVEE following it while you will be prompted if you want the 2nd squad which will call in an Apache when calling in reinforcements.

-If you plan on having 2 allied squads be aware that the will result in around 20 - 40 additional AI on the map. I tend to play with both squads on and about 80 insurgents and 20-30 enemy units at the objective. Default is 20 enemies for each.

Requires: Combined Ops

Mission type: Singleplayer

Addons required: You will need Fallujah map v1.2

Custom Music: Yes

Voiceacting: yes

Mission length: Apprx 30-60 mins

Mission Version: 1.0

LINK Version 1.0: http://www.rejenorst.com/projects/[sP]Martyrdom2.fallujah.rar

LINK Version 1.0: Armaholic mirror:- Martyrdom 2 (@)

Required: Arma 2 Combined Ops

Required: Fallujah

Changelog:

-Changed the text for enemies at the objective option selection at the dialogue box shorter so that it will hopefully not get cut off in any way for people using different resolutions.

-Changed setdate command to reflect the date in which the mission takes place ie: October 11th 2013

Features: Special thanks to Zonekiller for flame script code and Mike Johnston "Clutchy" for beta testing & voice acting.

-Enemy building patrols (Enemy will patrol inside buildings and displace to other buildings every now and then.

-Friendly Airstrikes.

-Ability to set enemy unit numbers.

-Randomly selected Weapon kits for both enemies and friendlies.

-Random unit starting positions.

-Randomly selected sectors as objective.

-Insurgents are spread all around the city while Takistani soldiers are concentrated in and around the objective sector(s) (If you want more dispersed fighting up the amount of insurgents, if you want more units guarding the objective then raise the amount of units guarding the objective at the start of mission).

-Battle yells.

-Ambient sounds (limited but there).

-Ability to play the mission at Dawn/Morning/Noon or Night.

-Ability to setfog.

NEW TO MARTYRDOM 2:

-Ability to bandage self when receiving damage over 0.25

-Weapon selection at start of mission

-Enemies are now randomly equipped with flares and will fire them at night.

-Enemy short range mortars

-Sidemissions (optional)

-heli reinforcements

-Up to 2 additional friendly squads

-Bradley fighting vehicles & HUMVEE instead of M1A1

-Apache CAS

-Civilian traffic

-The hotzone around which the sectors are allocated is now randomly placed around the map. Meaning a change of scenery each time the map is played.

-Bunch of other smaller scripting issues I can't remember. Will list as I remember them.

-All friendly squad including yourself are transported on site by Blackhawk.

CREDITS:

Mission:

Rejenorst

Voice Acting & beta testing:

Mike Johnston and Rejenorst

Music:

Rejenorst

Script help:

Zonekiller

Again special thanks to Mike Johnston whose beta matrix spreadsheet was highly appreciated.

VIDEO PREVIEW:

dVDBx8RoXm4

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edited by Rejenorst

Great mission design again Rejenorst, having a blast playing it.

Thanks Muhahaha :) 1 thing I need to fix is the text box size for enemies at objective selection at the beginning of the mission. Apparently Mike is seeing the numbers cut in half due to text box size. Otherwise everything should run ok.