Sign in to follow this  
sanctuary

WW4 Modpack 2.1

HI sanc I have a doubt how I can change the effective range of m21 because after 500 meters I have to raise its sights to give an objective reality, the m21 has an effective range of 850 meters

thanks in advance

Sgt, do you want to increase AI fire distance or to adjust sights zoom according to bulletdrop?

I think he wants to adjust the init speed of the bullet so it can reach further

you were right in the init i increase the speed is set per feets an not per meters thank you very much!:):)

Edited by Sgt. Elias Pinto

Didnt read the previous comments so i dont know if anybody asked you but do you plan to make vehicles for ww4 mod in the future?

The units look great and have very good models so some vehicles vith new texture and models would make this mod one of the top ones!:thumb:

I think he wants to adjust the init speed of the bullet so it can reach further

There is a TTL (time to live) setting also.

hey i got a question im trying to change the config (personal use only) and i was wondering how can you get the machine gunners to fire at helicopters like the ah1, ah64, mi24, and the mi17 where do i go in the config and what to change?

HI sanc I have a doubt in the Anim.pbo which are the files that correspond to the release of hand grenades in the crouched position and lying position ? thanks in advance

HI sanc I have a doubt in the Anim.pbo which are the files that correspond to the release of hand grenades in the crouched position and lying position ? thanks in advance

Crouched is in a seperate pbo, as there is no crouched throw in vanilla ofp.

I think it's filed under sgranat.rtm in the anim.pbo file, and for crouching possibly in sanc_anims.pbo in the addons folder.

Do a search for "crouchthrowgrenade" in the config.cpp in notepad and you should find the crouch one.

for standing and lying "combatthrowgrenade" and "lyingthrowgrenade"

as I don't have ww4mod installed i can't tell you the exact .rtm's but i think that should do you fine.

Edited by Birdy890

Sanctuary,

First of all, let me say how I really like what you are doing with the WW4 mod (balancing looks vs lag, lots of units and weapons, etc.) Without a doubt, WW4 will be my go-to mod for the rest of my OFP days. :D

Now, I wanted to post up my "Plug & Play" excel sheet for WW4. I introduced the general idea in this thread and have made a version for WW4 only. What it allows you to do is quickly select weapons and equipment for units and then upload this kit via the init line.

Since Pictures are worth a thousand words...

Ww4.jpg

ww42.jpg

Download Here

After you have selected your weapons from the drop down list you then copy the "output" code box and paste it into a word document. Then copy the contents of that into the init line of a unit. The reason you have to copy to a word document is that OFP finds errors with excels quotation marks. I know that most people wont bother with this but I felt I could share it with everyone. :rolleyes:

On to other things....

I believe I might have found some bugs:

1) When jogging around, pressing the reload button will trigger your unit to bring the gun to ready (Same thing as tapping your fire button while jogging.)

2) When reading the gun while jogging in a crouched stance, the unit does not bring the gun to his shoulder but instead keeps it at his hip (didnt know if this was by design or not)

Last but not least: I know you are working on vehicles for the next release, but I was wondering if you had considered adding any crew served weapons (mortars, etc.) for future releases?

Sorry I bombarded everyone with information but I wanted to compress everything into one post. Thanks for the excellent mod and I will look forward to any future releases! :yay:

Edited by Blitzen

Very cool concept Blitzen and thanks for the reports

For the 2nd report, it's by design, as i didn't want to make it as easy to aim from a crouched running position as from a standing running one.

While i'm going slowly at them, i have several vehicles always in the work. But i will consider adding some static weaponry too.

Laukhan, if you're talking about Mjolnir66 ww4-wgl5 files, i uploaded them there :

http://www.mediafire.com/?10js5f8h9jj0hjj

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=NZZQT7O8

You can get the ww4-wgl animation "basic" replacement too :

http://forums.bistudio.com/showpost.php?p=1629958&postcount=976

And while i'm here, i made an update to my old DMA M2O2A1 "flash" launcher , using some real photo as reference for the textures and proportion (the old model was just made for fun, no real scaling and textures far from the real thing) :

I fixed additionally the crash some people soundcard had with the OGG "flying rocket" file by just using a BIS default one instead, that's a file you don't really hear ingame anyways.

pNZeU.jpg

ayyFG.jpg

It's configured as a "rifle", this way it's just more interesting to use it for ballistic shots , as it works like a grenade launcher (despite the rocket, smoke visuals and the sound)

At night it gets some nicer effect when you shoot with the light illuminating the smoke in flight.

Download links for the V2 of this addon :

http://www.mediafire.com/?4wxp9gg210fbidx

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=8VX6QUEO

no addon required, you can use with the WW4 mod without a problem.

Look into West -> Men -> Flash Grenadier

included are the mlods too.

Oh ,sanctuary, I love you so much:p If you wanna tour around Shanghai of China and the whole country,please let me be your guide.

Thank you for your all efforts again.

Nice to see some new rocket launchers too. Will this be included in the future WW4 "full" versions? Would be nice to see an East equivalent too.

But despite what you said, I actually suffered a crash-to-desktop after firing only the second shot with it. I don't remember this happening with the original version.

I really wonder why it happens, i never experienced a single crash in a hour of testing this new version, the same as i never had one when i was using an OGG file that people reported to be the source of the problem for them.

Difficult to debug something when the results are so different between computers.

Is your crash actually occuring everytime ?

Now that i think about it, are you using a mod that gives eventhandlers for the soldiers ?

I can imagine a mod having built-in eventhandlers conflicting with every addon that have their own soldiers with eventhandlers.

I had lot of crashes in missions i made myself, using eventhandlers for the soldiers when playing them with mods like ECP, while such crashes never occured in mods without built-in eventhandlers.

It happens pretty rarely, but it does keep happening. It mostly happens when I quickly fire it right at the mission start, like if some scripts were still initializing or something. I'm only using the latest WW4 mod.

WW4 mod does not have eventhandlers for the infantry, so at least that's not a conflict in this case.

If it is some failed script initialisation that occurs for whatever background engine reason, i'll try to write the script differently so the script have some more pause and delay at start.

I reworked the smoke/explosion/fire effect script to be called by an init eventhandler instead of a fired one from the config.

This allowed me to get a little delay at the start, waiting for OFP to initialise whatever the engine does in the background.

Apparently this is not crashing anymore with Rellikki, hopefully this mean the problem is now definitively solved for everyone (my difficulty in fixing this is that i never crashed with that addon)

So here's the version 2.5 :

http://www.mediafire.com/?y89xiwz6q11600u

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=4MWPNRKX

http://www.sendspace.com/file/wld6vm

I increased a little the direct hit damage, so cars can get destroyed in one hit from the flame rocket, this way the weapon is effective against infantry, cars and static position as intended and less usefull against anything armored.

For soldiers in your mission to which you want to give the possibility to use the M202A1, note that the init line you need to add to the soldier (if you want the smoke/fire/explosion effect, as the weapon works even without them) has changed :

[this] exec "\DMA_Flash\initflash.sqs"

The West->Men-> Flash Grenadier does not need this init line, as the soldier has an eventhandler built in the config for the effect script.

Readme file for more information about the class names.

Edited by Sanctuary

I recalled reading a while back about missing medic patches and I decided to check on all the medics in the game. Here is a list of medics that are missing their medic patch/symbol:

I. East

-------------------------------

Desert Anti-Terror

Woodland Anti-Terror

Desert Recon

Woodland Recon

Desert Shadow Ops

Woodland Shadow Ops

Desert East Guerilla

Woodland East Guerilla

Desert Mercs

Woodland Mercs

II. West

Desert Spec Ops

Woodland Spec Ops

Desert Guerilla

Woodland Guerilla

Desert Mercs

Woodland Mercs

III. Resistance

Desert Recon

Woodland Recon

Desert Everon Spec Ops

Woodland Everon Spec Ops

Hope that helps :)

Sanc, how close are your armor values going to be to vanilla ofp (in terms of armor hit points, etc.)? essentially will the vanilla vehicles still be competitive/relevant

The released APC are armored enough to resist at least 1 direct LAW/RPG hit, and they're able to keep the crew inside alive too from that hit, but in the release i'll set them so they can resist 2 hits (with crew wounded at the 2nd) and explode at the 3rd.

The default OFP APC explode in 1 LAW/RPG hit, but the difference should be valid considering the OFP APC are from the eighties while the WW4 one are fictional near future ones and should have much better armor.

The armed cars i'm working on should be just slightly more resistant than BIS armored cars but should explode in 1 LAW/RPG hit.

The armored cars should resist 1 hit (but crew should be wounded) and explode at the 2nd.

That sounds reasonable :)

If you don't mind me asking, what are your plans for adding more content? I think I recall you saying that you were done with infantry and you are obviously working on some vehicles. However, do you plan on doing tanks, helicopters, planes, etc?

Also, I know that you have said this isn't a replacement mod but are you gonna add modern versions of certain vehicles (BMPs, bradleys, abrams, etc)?

Out of the available 3 amphibious APC , for now i'm working on about armed cars and armed armored cars for each side.

Considering progress is slow and it's not that easy, tanks/helos/plane are for the (far) future.

They may come using BIS models as placeholder for now, like i did for the helicopters i reworked to be more dangerous in the hands of the AI.

Fighting vehicles & aircraft haven't changed that much

over the past few decades. If you look at the list of

vehicles in ArmA 2:

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/ArmA_2:_Vehicles

& it's expansions:

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/ArmA_2_OA:_Vehicles

there's not a lot there that doesn't already exist in the

OFP addon library :)

Most vehicle changes have been modifications to existing

platforms (up-armoring, weapons & sensor improvements).

Perhaps it would be easier to optimize or update existing

vehicles if nothing suitable currently exists or if the current

addon does not fit well in with the WW4 mod?

IMHO, considering the near future WW4 scenario & the strengths

of the OFP engine:

*Technicals (armored pickups & SUVs)

*Desert Patrol Vechicles/HTTVs

*Quads/ATVs/Buggies

*Horses (yes, horses)/Mules

*Unmanned Aerial Vehicles/Armed Drones

*Motorcycles

are vehicles that might fit in.