Sign in to follow this  
sanctuary

WW4 Modpack 2.1

I don't want to be rude, but please consider for WW4 3.0 something like Tigr and for US maybe like M-ATV. Models don't need to be exact, just something in this taste, since it is "military sci-fi" mod and HMMWV and FUG are too old (not to mention that FUG is more scout vehicle than up-armored utility car).

I'm only thinking loud ;)

New models and textures unfortunately do not grow on trees, they take a lots of time to build. The same as free time is not exactly easy to find.

Maybe one day there will be those kind of vehicles in WW4, maybe not, i'll see.

I wrote "WW4 3.0" not "2.5" so that means in ulterior future rather than near :) And examples are only to show you the idea of what vehicles we could have in mod like yours.

Nevertheless, take your time, we love WW4 mod and You, and appreciate your work, so good luck!

Hey Sanc, long time no see.

Could you tell me why default troops still have BI weapons?

I'd like to be able to play campaign with the new ones, if you don't mind.

By the way, I hate you. Graa3.0 made me play Ofp again.

...or Once Again. :P

Impresive work so far, not to mention the godly animations.

Could you tell me why default troops still have BI weapons?

Simple answer : replacing the BIS content is not the point of the WW4 mod.

Simple answer : replacing the BIS content is not the point of the WW4 mod.

Kind of making it impossible to play Resistance with new weapons, isnt it?

Could you reconsider it? :)

What's the point of the mod? When I first installed it, about a year ago, my first thought was that Player vs Player is the purpose, but I'm not sure whether this works online.

What's the point of the mod?

Why does something recreational have to have a point?

Kind of making it impossible to play Resistance with new weapons,isnt it?

How is the mod making it impossible to play Resistance with new weapons?

What's the point of the mod?

From the readme:

What is the WW4 modpack concept :

---------------------------------

-The WW4 modpack goal is to provide highly optimised troops and their weaponry to build massive battles without most addons usual performance hit : as few textures as possible, nearly everything in merged textures, optimised lod system, selections and polycount in very reasonnable amount without too much details cluttering the model, etc..

-Providing animations especially tailored for those units and featuring some never seen yet features like the dynamic weapon stance change during jogging or climbing/moving over.

-The ambition is to make the WW4 mod the biggest infantry mod ever done for OFP. Currently the goal is probably already met as in the WW4 Modpack 1.0 there are 19 different army corps ! (and more in the work) and each of those corps are coming in desert and woodland version to provide even more variation and mission possibilities.

-Everon and Malden provided in desert retextured by CJE an me, variants available with DMA Lybia vegetations

-All the units are using the same model basis, so there is a real coherent look between all of them.

-Mission editor ready for use groups and sub groups for every of those corps.

-creating several modder ressources to help potential addon makers to very easily build their own soldiers in the WW4 standard .

@Macser,

I am just curious, that's all. I enjoy this mod very much.

Pvp with such wide range of units, weapons and amazing animations, while keeping original Ofp feeling is a good idea for every evening, isnt it? :)

Since Resistance campaign is based on BI weapons, it won't feature the new ones.

I think so, I might be wrong.

I would love to play Cwc and Res once again with new M16A2 ;)

@Sanc,

I remember that GRAA has WAVERING and DELAY_AISMOKE.

Any chances of having it included in the next release or there is a actually a particular reason to why this is not included?

Thanks.

Btw. I like the way things are balanced except some minor things - bu that's just matter of preference.

@Relli

If that's the point, then it's a job well done.

Thanks for pointing it out, I read this long ago and my memory isn't exactly perfect ;)

Edited by Vultar

I would love to play Cwc and Res once again with new M16A2

That's the beauty of a mod folder.Just pop into the config and add the weapons

you'd like to see in place of the default ones. :)

That's the beauty of a mod folder.Just pop into the config and add the weapons

you'd like to see in place of the default ones. :)

Actually... my scripting skills are equal to zero.

That is why I ask. I really would like default replaced :)

That's the only thing that bothers me.

[Edit]

This mod changed a lot since then.

I am impressed with your work on SCAR, it looks really good.

Damn, I love Jam, functional PSO1 for SVD... :p

Mind if I report something?

[bug]M40 has 20 bullets mag instead of 5.

[optional] Scar rate of fire too high compared to real one.

[request] Sniper team? (Sniper + Spotter(ghillie+binos))

[bug] M240 has 200 bullets mag instead of 100.

[optional] some weapons like RPK have low recoil, is it meant to be?

[bug] RPK-74 mag 75 rounds instead of 45.

I had a look at classnames, it seems that the wrong ammo count is supposed to be. Why?

Edited by Vultar

I had to remove the wavering because i observed an impact on the AI willingness to open fire.

When the wavering (that's just a change of the value aimPrecision=... in the config for the various stances) was on, the AI was often aiming for several seconds at a target before engaging it, crippling its battle efficiency, i'm not talking about 3 or 4 seconds like the player was doing when he was affected by the wavering, but there was some AI that could be aiming for more than 10 seconds without shooting.

For the AI smoke, it has been removed because it was crashing the game, and i have been unable to find the reason. Without the AI smoke script, the game does not crash.

Thanks for the reports, i'll look into this.

Edited by Sanctuary

Thanks for the answer.

Yes, AI in Graa is less effective. But without it, AI simply shoots only headshots like in default OFP, making it less enjoyable to play in open field.

When I have some more time I will look for bugs.

But sometimes it's hard to say whether I found one or not.

For example, SpecOps medic (West and East) has no signature on the buttpack.

Dunno if it's a bug or not.

If you could give me any advice where to look, somewhere you are worried about...

[edit]

I have found some new bugs, should I post them here? Or should I create new thread with this purpose in mind?

So that we can collect every bug in a clear-to-read way, making it easy for everyone to check whether his finding was reported before.

Also, it would be easier for you.

What do you say?

[edit]

Considering surprisingly this time everyone seems to prefer the old anim, it will be in the future patch.

Americas Army 3 features a great idea about reloading. Every unit has same setup if it comes to magazines (Just like WW4).

Example.

The reloading anim for each stance is based highly on the model's setup.

They firstly drop the magazine into a drop bag

King%20Arms%20MAG%20Drop%20Bag%20OD%2011066.jpg&t=1

And then they take out fresh mag from their mag pouch and reload.

Everything takes about 4 to 5 seconds - accurate according to how fast you can reload in real combat situation.

Edited by Vultar

I'm not sure if I've reported this before, but the bastions don't align with the ground when placed on slopy terrain. Could this be fixed? It's hard to build fortifications when each fence part is in different height and some of them even sink into the ground. :(

Reporting bugs here is good, easier for me to track them.

The bugs that worry me the most are the crashing ones as i can't think about every possible situation that can happen ingame it's not easy to see when the game can crash (i had the remove the built-in Kegetys camera and left it up to mission maker instead, as very rare but i sometime got the game to be stuck in the death cam, something impossible to reliably reproduce, but better safe than sorry as i imagine in MP such bug is definitively a big no)

Then the functionnality that get broken in specific conditions (why by example i removed the climbing, while letting it up to the mission maker instead as it could break some missions situations).

The specop medic is a bug, hopefully will be easily fixed.

I have got questions about SCAR-L.

It is awesome, that's true.

But the model represents not an actual SCAR-L, but it's early prototype

Yes i knew this, but there's no problem with that in the ww4 context, i'm not an expert modeller/texturer so making fictionnal mod allow me more freedom in what i implement without my bad modelling/texturing skill ruining "realism" in the middle.

I'm not sure if I've reported this before, but the bastions don't align with the ground when placed on slopy terrain. Could this be fixed? It's hard to build fortifications when each fence part is in different height and some of them even sink into the ground.

I'm not sure what you mean, the bastions seems to follow the terrain ?

clipboard01be.jpg

Can you provide a screenshot about the problem you are observing ?

The bastions are always in a fixed alignment:

http://rellikki.armaholic.eu/paska/bastion.jpg

They should rather get aligned with the terrain level, just like the BIS sandbags do.

Two more comparision pictures below:

http://rellikki.armaholic.eu/paska/bastion1.jpg

http://rellikki.armaholic.eu/paska/bastion2.jpg

I used the longer bastion pieces in my pictures.

Edited by Rellikki

Ok then, as you wish, bugs here:

[bug] Both M60 and PKM also have 200rd mag instead of 100rd

[bug] Glock 17 has 14rd mag. Should be 17rd. Beretta is 10rd, should be 15rd.

[bug] Mag pouches too big with one death anim. Screenshot.

[bug] West Recon (W)(D) - No Arm bloodTex, No Leg bloodTex. Screenshot.

[bug] East ShadowOps Problem with Cape. Screenshot.

Well, about the replacing of BI weapons.

If you could create config replacing them with WW4 counterpart as a choice.(Like in Graa)

And mags with according JAM mags, of course.

Then I would not only be grateful, but I would begin Cwc again.

A lot of action there, could reveal some bugs.

:)

[edit]

Funny, the AI knows how to use the bunkers. :)

I am now trying the gamelogics.

The arty script and effects are too badass. Finally it makes any sense to play without Map HUD.

[edit]

Recon models are nice, but the black cap and ballistic googles just dont match.

Could you reconsider retexturing the cap and removing googles? Just to make them More Recon style.

I also have an idea for new units for West. East has awesome ShadowOps in good camo and SD weapons, making them kinda ghosts.

Here are the pictures for something like "Deep Recon Force"

USMC Force Recon.

Toy with details.

[edit]

Is there any hidden purpose in having every unit without backpack?

Would be interesting to have Deep recon units with backpacks. :)

There will be crew and pilots for each corps in incoming update, but nothing more for the replacements.

A lot of unnecessary work in my opinion. One crew and one pilot for each side should be enough.

Unnecessary units are just more work and potential new bugs.

Edited by Vultar

I also have an idea for new units for West. East has awesome ShadowOps in good camo and SD weapons, making them kinda ghosts.

Here are the pictures for something like "Deep Recon Force"

I don't think that so much detailed units fit in Sanctuary's mod main goal. They could make lags. There are many units in this mod. They are simple but pretty cool. And friendly for your PC :)

I don't think that so much detailed units fit in Sanctuary's mod main goal. They could make lags. There are many units in this mod. They are simple but pretty cool. And friendly for your PC :)

Actually, they wont be complicated at all.

Just a simple soldier as any else in ww4. With boonie hat and a simple backpack.

Every piece in the same camo (For example BDU or Marpat--Or mix of them, like in Arma2). I'd like to see the ballistic vest in camo pattern too :)

[edit]

Something like Guerilla -> Rifleman

But with US equipement and textures.

And my lovely backpack! :D

Edited by Vultar

Wow. You have many good ideas but you know... Making models, addons and all this stuff is totally hard work. I'm trying this for some time and I can only make changes in existing models. So I appreciate Sanctuary's work more than before.

There are enough corps in each side so far.

Adding more corps is not part of my plans. Future focus will be on making missions and vehicles.

Notice that with the "modder ressources" from my link, you have access nearly to every MLOD of the WW4 content, so if someone wants some specific troops that much, he can build them without needing any permission.

Same as with edited configs, anyone is free to build their own by using the ww4 one or the ww4 content as a basis, Mjolnir built a WGL5 replacement config using the ww4 units.

But i am not going to replace more BIS content myself, i'm not interested into this.

The whole point is to actually build new missions/campaigns with the ww4 units to get hopefully more life in mission editing, not to play always the same existing ones.

For replaying the same missions, there are already lots replacement mods available and probably more in the making.

WW4 is not a replacement mod.

The bastions are always in a fixed alignment:

http://rellikki.armaholic.eu/paska/bastion.jpg

They should rather get aligned with the terrain level, just like the BIS sandbags do.

Two more comparision pictures below:

http://rellikki.armaholic.eu/paska/bastion1.jpg

http://rellikki.armaholic.eu/paska/bastion2.jpg

I used the longer bastion pieces in my pictures.

Ah i see, i will see if i can do that for the longer bastions.

Is there any hidden purpose in having every unit without backpack?

Would be interesting to have Deep recon units with backpacks.

Yes, there is actually a purpose of not having any backpacks on the models : to allow addon backpacks to be given to any kind of units, leaving the choice to the mission maker.

by example use the Mapfact ones or the ones i have always in my next release plans :)

I have thought about my requests once again, you are right, no point in adding anything nor changing.

About backpacks - Yes, I thought so... that's why I asked.

If you are not willing to replace BI weapons, can you at least tell me how to do it, or point me to a thread where it's explained?

I forgot everything I knew about .cpp in 2008...

I did some personal use configs for Arma1, is it the same in Ofp?

...about suggestions.

I still want my Spotter! :D

I did some personal use configs for Arma1, is it the same in Ofp?

Yes, for replacing weapons it's the same.

Hey Sanc. What program do you use for PBO files?

Found mistake in WeaponClasses.txt

WW4_M16RefSD:M16

should be

WW4_M16RefSD

M16 uses different ammo than M4 and vice wersa. Why?

M16 uses W556_30Bmag/M4 uses W556_30mag

They should use the same ammo and mags, like in real life.

Screenshot.

I love the idea of HD insurgency, as they are not trained and usually shoot from the hip. It brings Terrorist hunt in MOUT to a completely new level.

Thank you.

Edited by Vultar