Sign in to follow this  
pogoman979

CO16 Insurgency

I've been playing a few matches on pub servers and i've noticed lately the intensity of the ai hasnt been very high, especially in the city. i have just made a few changes that should make the intensity much higher in terms of the number of engagements whilst maintaining the same number of ai.

Fully agree. But Im also missing groups instead of single soldiers that we encounter most of the time in the city.

Also, I had a few vehicle-respawns (rather replacement?) that hovered in the air. After entering it dropped down. Seems theres a 0 in the z-value missing? And the alignment of the respawned vehicles is the same as before the repalacement.

I must say, this is a new way to enforce/introduce team play.

We've been playing this since release and it always gets voted for replay.

Great cooperative mission.

well,can say i/we played the hell out of the mission but never achieved more than 4 crates at all - in fact its tiresome to search ammo crates after 3h,even the hints u get by capping Insurgents dont help much as all hints are related to the same ammo crate and once you blow it all hints vanish from map and the "cap and get Intel" game starts all over again ...

Possible to make it you get INTEL of different caches?

Add in some teamm8s that 95% fire on all that moves and you r down to search every house while facing very few chances to get more INTEL due to the fact you only have a few enemys hiding in "some" houses alive and most of them get killed in the process

The low enemy presence in Zargabad city is a thing i dislike too because sooner or later you drop attention to enemy presense and just run around looking for caches

Dont get me wrong,i really like the concept of the game and the whole setup but its really not a mission that keep the tension up the whole time u play it ... yet

Well,you r still developing it so i m eager to see/try out the next release

my 0,02$

*thumbs up*

Edited by TheScar
grammer mistakes

LOVE this mission! Good work. Played it first time tonight, with a couple of squads of co-operating players. Took a while, but we got all 9 ammo caches eventually.

Agree that insurgents seem a bit light on the ground in town. Would like to see more hunting the players down on foot, particularly when we get nearer the stash, and once it's blown - that explosion should bring people from miles around!

I don't have much luck on capturing them alive, but others seemed to have the knack. Really liked the concept of clearing each square of a grid at a time. However, how about insurgents re-capturing grids? I've found patrols back around our base, while all the grids were green. If they were re-labelled red, we'd have to wheel around and clean up at home.....

Looking forwards to playing this while making use of Advanced Combat Radio Enviroment will all players using proper radio comms too.

Keep up the good work! I can see "Insurgency" becoming the new "Evolution" or "Domination". Realistic, small units, tactical. Up close and personal. Sweet.

~Z~

This mission is frigging awesome!! Question though, we have destroyed all 9 caches, but the mission wont end. Do we have to clear the complete grid, or is there no end trigger??

Roush

currently theres no end trigger, just never got round to putting one in hehe. i'll stick one in for the next release.

currently theres no end trigger, just never got round to putting one in hehe. i'll stick one in for the next release.

Thats quite alright!! Were still going around and finding and killing the enemy!! Great fun!!

Roush

Great mission. Tried out BAF version with my team yesterday. Hopefully this mission will be converted to new islands coming soon.

A few more loadout items needed in BAF version:

1. Laser Target battery

2. Brit backpacks

Just a little update on the progress of 0.70.

we have been testing beta versions quite heavily over the past couple of days and are steadily getting there, i've made tonnes of changes.

The overall big ones are:

changes to the CAS system: each squad gets a CAS support option every 20 minutes and any unit in the squad can request it, but the request has to be approved by the squad leader.

changes to the ai spawning system: ai spawning and intensity has been improved immensely, firefights are much more intense.

Every building you clear (ie buildings that had enemies in it which are all killed) will never have enemies respawning it in again (even if the square is still red).

Added blufor ai that can spawn on the player etc (these are playableAI and so when players join they take the place of the ai. they can also be disabled).

Added 4 opfor players with the sole purpose of harrassing the blufor (they have access to IEDs etc and spawn on other opfor units).

Fixed JIP lag issues.

those are the major overall changes, theres a heap of other minor ones or ones i cant remember now but this is just to let you guys know that 0.70 is still coming.

if you want to parttake in the beta testing the latest beta will always be on the vma server (note its an Aussie server tho).

@IceBreaker: we need this for your Lingor mate. Can't wait :)

@Pogo: we played Insurgency the whole weekend, this is indeed a new experience. This mission is what the players make it, it's like hostile sightseeing. ;) Great concept. Zarkabad (inside city) kills the fps though, i hope Takistan version comes soonish.

Will you write a porting tutorial?

0.70: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=PMJ7R3VN (contains BAF and normal version)

changelog (again only major changes i can remember):

changes to the CAS system: each squad gets a CAS support option every 20 minutes and any unit in the squad can request it, but the request has to be approved by the squad leader.

changes to the ai spawning system: ai spawning and intensity has been improved immensely, firefights are much more intense.

Every building you clear (ie buildings that had enemies in it which are all killed) will never have enemies respawning it in again (even if the square is still red).

Added blufor ai that can spawn on the player etc (these are playableAI and so when players join they take the place of the ai. they can also be disabled).

Added 4 opfor players with the sole purpose of harrassing the blufor (they have access to IEDs etc and spawn on other opfor units).

Fixed JIP lag issues.

added dust effects (can be disabled by admin in parameters)

and a multitude of minor fixes and tweaks

0.70: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=PMJ7R3VN (contains BAF and normal version)

changelog (again only major changes i can remember):

Fixed JIP lag issues.

added dust effects (can be disabled by admin in parameters)

and a multitude of minor fixes and tweaks

Hell of a good job :yay:

very nice pogoman, [RIP] have been playing the old version for a good few days trying to find the time to complete it.

There was a few comments on the briefing, but will check the new version before I send you the details.

Pogo there seems to be a problem with the vehicle respawn, once left over a time they dont respawn they just disapear off the map

looking good,played it for 30min to test

the enabled AI is a surprise,thing i noticed is that if one of your AI dies,they do not respawn @ base

some of the red sectors do not green up that easily like before,as example i cleared the closest location to base,resulting in 50% of fields green,50% not - even i see no more enemys in those fields

liking the Distance marker on cache INTELs

Every building you clear (ie buildings that had enemies in it which are all killed) will never have enemies respawning it in again (even if the square is still red)

i cleared a location,died a few 100s behind it,drove by the cleared building and took massive fire of 2 (new spawned?) enemy Insurgents again?

great,stuff - none of the less

to clear a building you must actually walk through it and there must be dead enemies in or around it (and no alive ones near it [ie within 10m]).

The red sectors now only green up if there are at least 2 blufor players in them.

The ai will spawn on their squad leader only if he is player controlled and there are no enemies nearby etc.

also wrt vehicle respawn bugs, i think the BAF version is bugged, so please stick to the normal version for the moment. i didnt do any of my testing on the BAF version whereas i know for certain the normal one is fine. i will release a fix once i find the problem sometime tomorrow (got work all day today).

Forget BAF for the moment I say. Seems silly working on two version at once. :)

Forget BAF for the moment I say. Seems silly working on two version at once. :)

I dont think so!!!

very nice pogoman, [RIP] have been playing the old version for a good few days trying to find the time to complete it.

There was a few comments on the briefing, but will check the new version before I send you the details.

Played with these guys the other night with this mission, had a blast, literally!!

@pogoman Got to keep the BAF version going as getting played extensively on our server at the moment :)

Just a couple of things from initial testing of the new version:

1. Can it be made AI teammates off for a start with the server option to turn on if wanted?
  2. A few times various players have died and then respawn without option to the bottom left of the map with a load of friendly AI soldiers around them.

Will get round to looking at the briefing again later.

@dale, we have been having some great fun with the BAF version on our server :)

Best mission in a really long time! :yay:

Makes me wonder why I even bother creating missions of my own :D

i will release a fix for the BAF version sometime today.

edit: actually i'm not actually sure what the problem with BAF version is so i'll have to do a playtest of it at some stage before i can fix. I know the AT is bugged (fixed) and that vehicles sometimes dont respawn, but cant repro by myself so.

just a note for everyone on the ai teammates:

It is actually recommended that you do not disable them as having ai in a players' squad adds to the number of players when the server isn't at full capacity (obviously), however they take nothing away from the servers' performance as the ai are local to whoever is the squad leader of the squad, and if this is a player then all the cpu work is done on the players machine.

So basically ai fleshes out the player numbers without costing anything in server performance, so unless people find them annoying i'd recommend never disabling them.

Edited by pogoman979

Nice mission, very intense especially at the start (there seems to be less enemies when you reach Zargabad for some reason).

We had one guy handling a mortar and he seemed to accumulate negative score. Is this because of all the civilian buildings he leveled?

Can you add a parameter to set the number of caches? Also UAV/ULB could be nice.

Edited by Luomu