Sign in to follow this  
qbt

OFP-RP - Role-play in Nogova.

Project currently frozen. Will update if more work is done.

Edited by qbt

Hey great idea, maybe you can get ideas from the other roleplay missions that are in Arma,

I think theres one in Arma 2 as well not sure, but ideas are a start.

I like the idea of your story though, I personally dont play OFP all to often but

you mentioning the story brings back alot of nostaligic memories.

How would you have this run, a big mission, or mp type mission.

What I have always like to see is a world where like you have here is a roleplay type

mission that is continuous , and you can save your game and then continue on where you left off,

it be like instead of a mission where you accomplish your objective and then mission over it

would play out continuous, like have a dynamic atmosphere where every decision

you make or action you partake in effects the outcome of something else.

Just ideas from other games of RPG, if I think of anymore i'll let you know.

Hey great idea, maybe you can get ideas from the other roleplay missions that are in Arma,

I think theres one in Arma 2 as well not sure, but ideas are a start.

I like the idea of your story though, I personally dont play OFP all to often but

you mentioning the story brings back alot of nostaligic memories.

How would you have this run, a big mission, or mp type mission.

What I have always like to see is a world where like you have here is a roleplay type

mission that is continuous , and you can save your game and then continue on where you left off,

it be like instead of a mission where you accomplish your objective and then mission over it

would play out continuous, like have a dynamic atmosphere where every decision

you make or action you partake in effects the outcome of something else.

Just ideas from other games of RPG, if I think of anymore i'll let you know.

Many thanks for the feedback! It would be run as an MP mission. This means that the world is dynamic and anything can happen. As a mission i dont mean the same mission all over and over again, no. The idea is that the player starts off as a civilian, then he can by role-playing join any of the factions, or make his/her own. He/she can also use the forums for this. The game continues where it left and the game is controlled via a forum system. You can declare wars on the forums by giving the time and date, location etc. of the fight. There is no main goal, but factions ie. Resistance obviously wants the russians out. If you have any interest in playing/developing please let me know here or by pm. :)

Thanks!

Hey qtz,

Sent you a Pm a few days back but no response so I thought I'd post here. I'm interested in helping. Just let me know what you need doing and I'll see what I can do. I know the basics of scripting, modelling, config and other assorted bits. I might also be able to offer the services of my clan RAVCRU depending on what needs doing and also what times for any play testing and such. There is also a teamspeak server around so I can also offer that.

Regards,

LEGIOn7698.

Hey LEGION7698, I answered your pm, check your inbox :-)

I'd be interested in participating. It's been a while since I had a good big multiplayer game and this sounds pretty interesting. I can also help with editing at times, but I'm also busy with other stuff.

I'd be interested in participating. It's been a while since I had a good big multiplayer game and this sounds pretty interesting. I can also help with editing at times, but I'm also busy with other stuff.

Wow, even more people! Yea, it would be really cool if you would want to join in, is there any way i could contact you on IRC etc?

Edited by qbt

This sounds cool! I would join but I have trouble conecting to OFP MP : (

I dont think its you, the main server is down for everyone. I will post progress soon.

I dont think its you, the main server is down for everyone. I will post progress soon.

Good to know thanks!

count me in too

Sorry for the late reply. Of course, just PM me that is there any way of contacting you (irc/msn or other). Thanks :)

Edited by qbt

I guess I will also be gonna joining in.

Nice, what position would you like to apply to? Send me a Private Message.

Edited by qbt

Ill help! This is something needed!

Great! What would you like to do? PM me :)