miles teg

The Lost Brothers Mod Official Release thread for ArmA2/OA

Follows the progress with great interest as this is my absolute favourite mod by far. I rather hope it never turns into an ACE based mod and I got my brother with me on that one. Great work as always Lobo team! :bounce3:

US units looking good, try to add some dirt to the uniforms and try to make the white areas darker. Also add some dirt to the vehicles, they seem very clean for being in a warzone.

I get an error "TMD_SU22afterburner.ws not found" when I try to activate the SU-22 afterburner.

And relating to jets, whats with you Armed Assault 1 MiG-21?

It works pretty well in ArmA II too.

g6fyuojd.jpg

When we get to our Egyptian and Syrian stuff we will port over the Mig-21 and many other planes. Thanks for the bug report. We'll look into that one as I don't remember ever getting that.

Thanks.

Oh..one update. I've fully ported over a IAF AH-1S and a Mirage IIIC and have them fully working with OA features (FLIR on Cobra and radar/missile warning and flare systems on both). The Mirage IIIC is a real beauty and flys like a dream. Unfortunately it's more for the historic IAF stuff but I'll probably release it anyways. After we get at least one modern IAF fighter-bomber and one modern IAF transport helicopter working, our first pack will be ready to be released. I'm just waiting on some help from the other IDF mod to see if they'll let us use their retextured UH-60 and F-16 or whether or not we'll have to do the work ourselves. Until then I'm working on trying to port over our old F-16I Sufa which is the primary fighter bomber of the IAF.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Edited by Miles Teg

At first respect on your very interesting mod. Whats about following vehicles:

Iraq:

2S1

Sa-9 Gaskin

Mig-21

Mig-25

Mig-29

Su-24

USA:

M-109 A3 Paladin

M-163 Vulcan

F-14 Tomcat

F-15

F-16

F/A-18

Hear many of this vehicles will be come soon. That would be really nice!

:eek:

great mod

salute

At first respect on your very interesting mod. Whats about following vehicles:

Iraq:

2S1

Sa-9 Gaskin

Mig-21

Mig-25

Mig-29

Su-24

USA:

M-109 A3 Paladin

M-163 Vulcan

F-14 Tomcat

F-15

F-16

F/A-18

Hear many of this vehicles will be come soon. That would be really nice!

:eek:

great mod

salute

The Mig29 we are trying to port over but we have issues with it. The Su-24 and Mig-21 are on the list to be ported over although not specifically just for Iraq. The Mig-25 we have a crappy model of but we may try to modify the model and textures to improve it unless someone else has a better model and are willing to let us use it. The Foxbat is one of my favorite classic jet fighters so it would be nice to have that powerful beast in Arma2. Some may argue that it's too fast for ArmA2 but I've flown quite nicely at 1,000 km in our Mirage IIIC at low level. So say giving it a top speed of 1,800 km and with its quick acceleration it would be a very interesting plane for multiplayer air to air combat. We'd just have to downgrade the maneuverability a bit to give the BLUFOR planes a fighting chance as in real life it's not a particularly maneuverable aircraft. Both Syria and Iraq use the plane so it would be a good plane for our mod.

On the US side, we have no plans for a major American mod. The BLUFOR is mainly ground based as there are enough BI US air addons (although we will have Israeli F-15I's and F-16's and maybe an M109 SP arty and a Vulcan AA system). Originally we weren't even planning on any US forces, but we figured since we have that PASGT body armor model, that we could make a few US infantry units and retexture a few BI armor units so that players could recreate the 73 Easting battle. So I'm afraid that no, we have no plans for porting over the entire US Airforce collection of addons from OFP and ArmA1. Again we only have 3 people actively working on our mod and soon will have only two people. If we concentrated on US forces then we would have to just scrap all the IDF and Arab army stuff and change our mod name. The Iraq and US Gulf War stuff is more of a side project and not the center-piece of the mod. But that is Andrei's baby.

If he wants he can get permissions from all the different addon makers to port over all those aircraft but that would also mean that you will probably not see anything more then a very tiny IDF/Arab conflict pack within a month or two and probably only one update within the next one to two years if its just me working on all of that. I'm hoping to wrap up all the Iraq updates so that Andrei can help me with the huge task of getting the Egyptian and Syrian forces converted to ArmA2 along with the rest of the IDF equipment.

We also have a massive number of naval forces that I really wish to get converted as well.

If anyone wants to make a fullscale Gulf War mod, then they should join us and help create that. We can not join them because we have strict permissions from addon makers/mods who's models/textures we use in that we can not lend them out to anyone else without their express permission.

The Iraqi forces fit into the Lost Brothers Mod because Israel did launch an attack on their nuclear facilities in the 80's and Iraq did participate in past wars against Israel (and their gear and equipment did not change much over the decades until the US occupation). That is why the US forces are an afterthought just to recreate a few historic Gulf War missions and to have a few BLUFOR for the Iraqis to fight.

I hope that makes sense.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Edited by Miles Teg

Gret mod;

I've been playing around with this mod creating a WF mission GNATS Sands map with the Town Generator. I was using the ACE mod which I noticed the ALICE module didnt work with it and the formations do not work properly so I removed it. All the mods seem to work well with the exeption of the bugs already noted here. I did notice theres no salvager or BTR 60. Any planes on creating these?

great work so far lobo team really enjoying the units.

i hate to ask but any update on the stauts of the us 1991 desert pack?

Perhaps some more wip pictures?

The US Inf is ready. The US vehicles are almost done, we are having issues with our FTP.

The Republican Guard, T55, T62, Urutu APC have been updated with Thermal Images, and we are updating other stuff on vehicles.

The Republican Guard isnt showing up in the editor. Where are they?

Yea, I looked in there and there is only vehicles.

So you made something wrong. Make sure that inside the @LoBo_Iraq folder, there is a folder "Addons", and inside this folder, there is a lobo_iraq_rep_guard.pbo file. Thats the soldiers.

We have not been idle... in the process of preparing for the update to what is now a Gulf War section of our mod, I decided to create one of my favorite tanks that I was familiar with during my younger days in the US Army Corp of Engineers..... I introduce to you the first M728 Combat Engineering Vehicle ever made for the OFP/ArmA franchise:

LoBo_M728_CEV_1.jpg

Info on the real life M728:

http://www.fas.org/man/dod-101/sys/land/m728.htm

This model is based upon Rygugu's fantastic M60A3 addon. I give 98% of the credit to Rygugu as he has been extremely generous in helping the Lost Brothers Mod and is a first rate addon maker. I also give credit to Andrei who did the great texture modification, texture-repathing, and config modification. With that said, please forgive my mediocre addon making skills as the dozer blade and A-Frame was cobbled together from parts on our D-9 bulldozer. Still I think it looks fairly close and all-in-all and not too bad. Plus I added in the config the 165mm cannon and its ammo for it to give you some seriously AWESOME firepower. However don't use it against enemy tanks as you'll probably die as its cannon is short range and you can actually see the round firing out of the cannon a bit like a mortar.

The main mission of this bad boy is breaching minefields, bunkers, concertina wire, masonry walls, anti-tank barriers, and other obstacles....not to mention blowing the hell out of buildings and infantry.

So in the next update you will see 3 M60 variants: The standard M60A3, the M60A3 with ERA (reactive armor), and the M728 CEV with ERA.

My hope is that some skilled addon makers will work with me to improve the M728 and possibly also help to create some bridgelayers as well as other combat engineering vehicles that have been sorely lacking in ArmA2. So maybe this will be a bit of stimulus to the imagination's of other addon makers. For example, I'd love to see the British and Russian mod's make more Combat Engineer Vehicles (CEV's). That would make things much more interesting and provide more scenarios for mission makers as hardly anyone ever does any engineer missions.

Anyways, I hope you guys like how it looks and a mighty "Hoaaah" and "Essayons" to all my 12Fox MOS friends who once drove these beasts and to all my fellow Corp of Engineers soldiers past and current.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Team Leader of the Lost Brothers

One more pic of USMC 1st Marine Division infantry:

LoBo_GW_USMC_Inf1.jpg

All our infantry now have ALICE LBE's (ammo harness) and and BDU uniforms are now more washed out (they were too bright earlier). I also now have helmet bands on all the kevlar helmet textures (it looked wierd before with that missing) and a few units have goggles. USMC infantry have woodland PASGT vests (as was common with USMC deployed to Desert Shield/Storm. Our US Army 1st Cav infantry have the desert cammo PASGT vest covers. Both have appropriate unit patches on arm as well in subdued colors. They also all can use the OA backpacks (although the pack has already its own custom backpack .pbo for these guys and the Iraqis).

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Edited by Miles Teg

Two new pics:

The first is our Fedayeen militia (arm patch will be changed on final version to a Fedayeen patch) sporting a customized AK-47 and the infamous "Darth Vader" helmets. Yes they REALLY wore those.

The second pic is of our 1991 era U.S. Special Forces (armed with MP-5's) with two Fedayeen militiamen in custody.

LoBo_FedayeenSaddam1.jpg

LoBo_SpecialForces1.jpg

Picture of real life Fedayeen militia with Darth Vader helmets:

Iraqi_Darth_Vader_helmets01.jpg

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Awesome stuff you guys have there. Thank you for making 91' desert storm stuff.

I remember watching the news as a little kid. Even seeing just those pics brings back so many memories... :) I feared that this era had been forgotten by the community. Looking forward to the mod! will you be including some maps as well? (I know that I'm probably asking for too much though)

p.s.: you should consider making a "Peter Arnett" or what ever his name was model :D

So you made something wrong. Make sure that inside the @LoBo_Iraq folder, there is a folder "Addons", and inside this folder, there is a lobo_iraq_rep_guard.pbo file. Thats the soldiers.

No I didnt. I put everything in there correctly. Ill just re download the mod

Miles you in andrei in the rest of the team are doing a great job. In I know you guys know this from me but ill say it again it is appreciated.

You are a genius Miles!

MGM-51_Shillelagh2.jpg

Heck maybe you guys are capable of making the U.S M551 Sheridan Armored Reconnaissance/Airborne Assault Vehicle if time gets available.

Sheridan_M551_USA_08.jpg

sheridan2.jpg

m551.jpg

acd13208.jpg

As Wikipedia tells me 51 Sheridans were deployed by the 82nd Airborne Division during Operations Desert Shield and Desert Storm as some of the first tanks sent. I will not cry if this machine would not turn up as a playable vehicles but it is worth send a postcard in your direction to make you guys aware of this vehicles existence. lol