Sign in to follow this  
-martin-

Taviana Island for ArmA 2!

I'm getting a lot of RPT file errors with this map. Missing configs, .paa files, and that extremely spammy vertex shader error.

Am i missing anything here? Are we to expect updates/fixes.

Do you need specific RPT errors from me. (just load the map with 1 unit on in that city and run around for 30 seconds and you'll get these errors)

I'm running the SixUpdater version. My unit would LOVE to be able to use this map if there is any sign of a fixed and working version that would be amazing.

Just read Vilas last reply on page 97 and you'll have your answer.My advice would be to find another map for your team.

awhh man, its like finding your soul mate, only for her to be hit by a bus the following day. :(

if you want new Taviana , download yourself Origins mod : dayzorigins.com , newest version is 1.7.6 of mod, there you have new Taviana, Taviana island is part of DayZ Origins mod so you can play Origins mod (survival gameplay) or state servers yourself when people downloaded Origins packs,

Edited by vilas

if you want new Taviana , download yourself Origins mod : dayzorigins.com , newest version is 1.7.6 of mod, there you have new Taviana, Taviana island is part of DayZ Origins mod so you can play Origins mod (survival gameplay) or state servers yourself when people downloaded Origins packs,

Have you used this mod? May island be used without full mod?

Have you used this mod?

Vilas does modelling for DayZ Origins (he has mentioned it in a few threads recently), so he would be familiar with it.

May island be used without full mod?

There is a pastebin'ed legal notice (a few pages back in this thread) that was sent to someone who tried to use a newer version of the Taviana map (taken from the dayzorigins.com download) in their own project. The .pbo's also used to contain fairly stern warnings about using the content in any other works, too. (I haven't looked at them since they removed IceWindo's content though, so perhaps that has changed).

not exaclty Ian,

there is a difference if we say about use it by PLAYER (end user) or other MOD (repacking, redistribution)

legal notice touches repacking and redistribution by other mods (which in most cases collect money)

so if someone want to use just new island and he is player, he can delete himself rest of mod,

if someone is "moder" and want to pack it, put payed-server (as dayz "mods" do) and collect money , when someone want to zip it and put pay-to-download link (like worldzombie.ru did that you had to pay 250 Rubels to download Taviana) or like other mods do that they pack your addon and put "donation" button - it can meet legal action, because abuses over addons which actually happens within dayz and moneymaking on other people addons is something which forces authors to take legal actions in worst cases ,

but question was rather technical from player's point of view, so technically there is no need to use multiplayer mod to play island in singleplayer by Arma2 military game users ,

deleting "dayz_code.pbo" turns mission editor on (because in dayz there is mission editor turned off)

so Taviana is island which can be downloaded for free and used by end-user (the player) after deleting rest of mod, legal notice was made BECAUSE some other persons wanted to "release their own Taviana versions" and Martin had to take legal actions to fight for his own addon ownership (because dayz community says that addon is open-source and addonmaker has no rights to his own addon and lots of them do not see anything bad in taking other person addon and sign it their own sign and collect donations later) ,

they deny basic rule that - only orginal author can make release/update/edit/collect donations of his addon (vehicles, island, buildings, weapons, planes, jets, helis, ships etc)

Arma2 military players is mature community which not abuse addons , legal notice was made because of dayz community which is opposite to Arma comunity (not mature but majority is teenagers who even not meet 18+ or 16+ (depends of country) written on box of Arma DVD), Arma2 community NEVER in history collected money on other person addon ! dayz is community that downloads addon from armaholic (sometimes edit addon if has basic skills to do it) and starts to collect money , thats why there was this legal notice Ian,

DMCA legal note was sent to those who were "updating Taviana" and edited it without permission with intention to release it as "new Taviana" (+ money collecting)

current version of Taviana is ca. 3.1 or like this, it contains new island, rebinarized buildings, edited buildings, origins website can be found in google, Martin still works on it and still updates it ,

Taviana is not being updated "public" because of other Dayz mods which would than download it from Armaholic and claim their's (putting donations button of course, some collected 1100 USD), thats why there is no new versions of Taviana on Armaholic and thats why there was this legal action (sadly)

noone would be making legal actions against players (end-users) having fun with Taviana which they use themselves and not collect money on it, but repacking, editing it (riping island file WRP to edit in Visitor3) and releasing such edited version of course is opposite to be okay)

end-user of content (player) is not mod (just like with other addons, if someone wants to reskin my units, cars for himself in his home - okay, if someone want release such reskins to public and put donation button or buy-link button for it - not okay)

newest Taviana screens or YT movies can be found on Youtube as well

sad that Martin had to put island into mod not standalone addon , but he was given no choice

Edited by vilas

Hi Vilas,

but question was rather technical from player's point of view, so technically there is no need to use multiplayer mod to play island in singleplayer by Arma2 military game users , deleting "dayz_code.pbo" turns mission editor on (because in dayz there is mission editor turned off) so Taviana is island which can be downloaded for free and used by end-user (the player) after deleting rest of mod,

Can people use Taviana 3.1 (with or without DayZ turned off) on multiplayer though? I have heard that Origins have been persuing people for running multiplayer with their own mission files, but with an unmodified copy of Taviana 3 installed on the end user machine. I assume that means no multiplayer is allowed with Taviana 3.1 at all?

Also, since your own (vil_...) addons are now free to use as long as they are not used with DayZ (please correct me if I have that wrong), would your team consider releasing Taviana under the same conditions? The current restrictions don't hurt the DayZ people because—as you said above—they just pirate it anyhow. The only people that are missing out are the mature ARMA 2 military players.

Edited by IanBanks

I have been playing on this map with my friends, setting up a FOB with loads of BRITISH vehicles off ARMAHOLIC on the airfield below the mountain on the Southeast Island. Soo much fun... One thing, I saw on a DayZOrigins video "Salvation Island" but couldn't find it on the version I got off ARMAHOLIC.

brigadeir998 - updated versions of Taviana are published by Martin now as Origins mod for dayz - it can be found at gamersplatoon.com if i remember correctly

Armaholic hosts version 1.0 which Martin published, now Taviana is 3.1 or 3.2 and it is published by him only on gamersplatoon.com in Origins mod 1.7.8 (but mod is multiplayer and you must delete dayz files to run it as singleplayer )

so ask on their forum cause unfortunatelly Martin resigned from releasing Taviana outside mod he is member of (similar situation like FDF mod has its island, Unsung has its island, I44 has its island or CWR has its island in mod)

Seems many projects might be kept private, or within circles, just the way things are progressing now. Shame as this island was pretty good, albeit a little heavy, but that would have been sorted I dare say, probably has been, but I'm not into dayz, so the version I have lies on one of my hdd's in storage, sad.:(

private ?

is Malden outside of CWR ? is FDF island outside FDF mod ? is island from Vietnam outside Unsung ? is WW2 island outside I44 ?

noone keeps Taviana as secret file ;) it is free and can be downloaded, just Martin put it into archive of whole mod, like Nogova is part of CWR2 or Vietnam jungle is part of Unsung (and good, if those islands from CWR or Unsung were released separately , you would have "dayz" servers charging for gameplay on those islands) :)

http://www.gamersplatoon.com/forums/showthread.php?6244-Download-Origins-MOD

this is where Martin now is active , just download archive, delete useless files (that disable singleplayer and all editor - basically copy and paste on your own disc Tavi and Taviana.PBO files , you won't break any "rules" of addons, cause you use it on your PC and not "redistribute it" (repack it under other nicks etc) or not hold server on it, so in your home , simply download archive, take files and use them as before)

all "dayz" files block singleplayer mod and block mission editor, removing those files enables singleplayer and mission editor

Taviana is now much bigger (new islands) and Martin put on it a lot of "postapocaliptic" stuff (car wrecks, broken buildings, plane wreck, there are more street-objects like trams in cities etc), Taviana lacks of multiple LODs on houses so it is heavy for PC :/

Edited by vilas

Is there any chance of a A3 version of this map, because i currently use the Island only version on A3 with the A3MP mod which makes most islands compatible with A3 and i must say this map would be amazing in A3 as a standalone version

I did as you specified vilas, but ended up extracting two large pbo's that take a lot of time to load, not to mention the dayz errors. If I load up only taviana.pbo I don't get the map on the editor list.

I downloaded the newer version, its really great, I thought initially you had to be a player or member of the group. Nice, thanks for the heads up vilas.;)

AFAIK you have to just copy tavi.pbo and taviana.pbo into your addons folder and it should work, except for some minor bug messages that can be ignored.

That's what I did.. but it seems to be wasted overhead. The map seems duplicated, takes longer to load. Shame.

Did you manage to get the map without the Dayz units?

I took out:

Dayz

Daysz_anims

Dayz_code

Then just had a good look around and at the bits and pieces i.e. vehicles etc they have in there. If you want the island only, put in:

Tavi

Taviana (although you say you have done that, did you leave the old one in there?)

I would remove your other tavi/taviana the old version, works fine for me, looks great, he’s done a nice job with it, pretty authentic looking and has a apocalyptic type feel to it. Mind you I don't bother with dayz, although missions could be made for other things on there. Its still a little heavy here and there, but I think he's improved performance against the original, for me anyway.

Edited by ChrisB

This map is perfect is the best map that i ve seen but need uptades, know issues: The AI aicraft is taxiway in wrong position and takeoff in wrong positon, they are takeoff on the grass. Please uptade!!

I've ever seen
 i 
I've ever seen

Hello,

I have a few queestions about  „Taviana“. There are a lot of rumors what happend with the map at Arma 3.
The official release of Tavi was for A2  but since A3 the map get transfered to A3.

Im not sure if -martin- allows to use the portet map.
Tavi is a great map and I had a lot fun playing on it and I‘m thinking about creating a server.

Is it leagal to use the transfered Version ( http://withsix.com/p/Arma-3/mods/kfI6VXDkY0SuTNf3A5UBTw/Taviana-v3-(Origins) or http://a3taviana.bid/) for Public or privat A3 server ?.