Sign in to follow this  
-martin-

Taviana Island for ArmA 2!

Thanks guys, I'm gonna release BETA 2 soon with bug fixes from this version and two new cities in the North as soon as I get it done :smile:

Keep on looking for bugs :wink_o:

However..it accepts the kind of "@@Taviana" and "Taviana" (str8)..

I simply renamed the alpha folder to "@TavianiA" & just now set up the beta as "@TavianaB" - it works just fine, & I'll be able to check the beta vs the alpha running 2 instances of CO.

"@@Taviana"? - ugh!

:)

BR

Orcinus

:yay:ALRIGHT MARTIN! AWSOME!!!! This is gonna be sweet! I know all your hard work would pay off! :dancehead:

---------- Post added at 03:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:50 PM ----------

I love the Cryllic on the buildings, i feel it suits the look and atmosphere better. Great work again you guys!

Ok found some more glitches:

-school in Bjelov not solid

-in Sabina,bar/restaurant east of Dyelnica has textures going screwy

-in Dubovo the apartment buildings are not solid(the ones with the huge communism painting),same thing with ones in Molotovsk

-bar in Dubovo also has screwy textures(by now I assume this building type has the same problems everywhere on the map)

-in Molotovsk the pavement has weird texture(around the Ferris wheel area)

-in Radynya and Sokoli Gnyazdo ruins,stairs are too high and can't access the towers

Couple of questions,any chance for Alice support and textured airport terminal building in Beta 2?

Also this is more of curiosity,the mountains will have more vegetation in the future?

@ Nikiforos

I find that lowering the post process effects helps FPS, as does the AntiAlasing. The AntiAlasing seems to take a lot of power, i messed wih it and saw a considerable differece in speed. hope this helps man.

---------- Post added at 04:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:30 PM ----------

Finally, congratulations! I raise a beer Pepsi.

Also, a post card:

How'd u make that postcard? it looks awsome!

Edited by HoodRussian13
removed quoted images

Anyone else getting a glitch where you can walk straight through the airport terminal as well?

The airport terminal isn't finished yet, please don't use it as it will be available in the next BETA release ;)

Ok, thanks. I just wanted to make sure it wasn't just me.

P.S.- Your map puts Chernarus and all other BIS maps to shame.

Also, I merged the object files and the map files for taviana into one custom mod folder for arma. That is ok, right?

Also, I merged the object files and the map files for taviana into one custom mod folder for arma. That is ok, right?

That will work fine. Arma doesn't care what you call the folders or what pbo's are in them. As long as it is in an addons subfolder you can put what you like in them, they will still get read (as long as you add them to your mod line of course!).

"@@Taviana"? - ugh!

:)

BR

Orcinus

:D

look!..the "@@" its not what it 'seems' to be.. :D

I just use "@@" characters for islands and "@" for other addons ;)

----------

@Martin

Except for (sadly) the lots-of-geometry problems..the island setup rocks hard!

I m waiting for next release and if you want i can search more carefully

for problems not as player..but with the 'eye' of beta-tester ;)

@Krycek

As far as I saw that, I think it's not texture bug, but rather a proxy or LOD bug.

@HoodRussian13

That's just a few filters and proper layer blend modes.

P.S.- Your map puts Chernarus and all other BIS maps to shame.

Thank you Alkar drinks.gif Well, to be honest I love the BIS maps and all the other community maps too no matter how they look, they are what really got me interested in map making back in OFP.

Ps. Sorry Maruk blush.gif

Edited by -Martin-

Hello!

Great island, but i have 2 things to ask:

-Will you create/add a vault room in the bank with closeable door?

-Will AI be able to navigate within new buildings?

Thanks, Its great again.

Had a few skirmishes around Sabina,I set the enemy soldiers advancing from Uyezd and noticed that some of the them are warping/teleporting/falling into the tunnel and dying,exact IDs where this happened is 17973,17974 and 17975.Also I noticed some of the AI(infantry not vehicles) are bumping into buildings(IDs 9555,9623,9674) on that street,but I spotted this bumping behaviour on other parts of the city too.

Actually that whole part of town with the tunnel below is buggy,other IDs 17979,17980,17981.Noticed the AI can't even walk on those streets that pass the tunnel.To repro add a group of infantry moving on those streets I mentioned.

AI also cannot pass the bridges connecting Center with Podgorica or Uyezd connecting Center,the only exception there was only one bridge that AI passed without problems,it was the one located at ID 20.

Edited by Krycek

I dont get it, it seems I am the only one with FPS problems. I dont get low FPS but very unstable that makes the game stutter alot when in cities. I dont have this problem with any other map but only with this. I also defragged the game category .

I dont get it, it seems I am the only one with FPS problems. I dont get low FPS but very unstable that makes the game stutter alot when in cities. I dont have this problem with any other map but only with this. I also defragged the game category .

I found low fps (down to 21 at one point) & stuttering at a couple of points - heading N down the hill to the main city (I started off by crossing that wonderful bridge in an APC) & when approaching and (stuttering grossly after entering) the church on the main square. The RPT had literally thousands of entries of

"Error: Vertex shader ID out of limits"

IIRC I reported the problems inside the church when testing the alpha.

Generally, so far fps varied between low 30's & almost 90 (!) which isn't at all bad :)

BR

Orcinus

I am definitely fond of the general direction this island is heading to.

Attention to small detail (traffic lights, signs, lots of objects i.a. dustbins, mailboxes, phonebooths), believable cities' street layouts, nice express ways with intersections etc. etc. - it's all certainly a big plus (and of course all those other things I was yet unable to stumbel upon).

One thing that bothers a bit is that the custom structures stand out too much and don't actually blend in (missing shadows, totally bad handling of light/shadow in the interiors, some textures - like the walls/carpets are not visible through glass [it's the empty grocery store I spotted this, I believe). Overal a very positive and refreshing experience. With proper tweaking (oh, for example, the cobblestone texture on the markets is waaay out of scale - too big, the texturing of the bridge pillars would certainly be better if something more hires was used) it'll all nicely fit together and get a homogenic look ;)

Sorry to be pointing out clouds in the Tavianian blue sky, just throwing my few cents.

If you're getting good framerates on other maps then the problem is this map. If so, report more details to Martin?

If you're getting poor framerates on all maps then your PC is the problem. If so, try these tweaks.

Alright mate, congrats on the map so far great fun being had with it.

Quick one on my side, you planning to update UKroads? or can i add the ones you released into visitor and not worry about redoing them as an update came out? As im going to redo most of the things on my mask

Hope your well, Jeza

If you're getting good framerates on other maps then the problem is this map. If so, report more details to Martin?

If you're getting poor framerates on all maps then your PC is the problem. If so, try these tweaks.

I have no problems with other maps only with this map.

Hello!

Great island, but i have 2 things to ask:

-Will you create/add a vault room in the bank with closeable door?

-Will AI be able to navigate within new buildings?

Thanks, Its great again.

Hi BRicsi01,

At the moment I'm having trouble getting the objects config to work so I haven't considered making the vault door openable. However it’s a good idea and if I ever do get the config to work I will try to add this feature if I have time, but I can't promise it right now.

As for AI navigating through the buildings, yes they will be able to as soon as I understand AI paths and get them working. Hopefully by the time the next beta is released.

Had a few skirmishes around Sabina,I set the enemy soldiers advancing from Uyezd and noticed that some of the them are warping/teleporting/falling into the tunnel and dying,exact IDs where this happened is 17973,17974 and 17975.Also I noticed some of the AI(infantry not vehicles) are bumping into buildings(IDs 9555,9623,9674) on that street,but I spotted this bumping behaviour on other parts of the city too.

Actually that whole part of town with the tunnel below is buggy,other IDs 17979,17980,17981.Noticed the AI can't even walk on those streets that pass the tunnel.To repro add a group of infantry moving on those streets I mentioned.

AI also cannot pass the bridges connecting Center with Podgorica or Uyezd connecting Center,the only exception there was only one bridge that AI passed without problems,it was the one located at ID 20.

Yeah the tunnel part is quite buggy. Back in the day when Taviana was in OFP, AI handled the tunnel very well, they could drive trough it etc... but it seems that in ArmA 2 the AI improved in some ways and in some got a lot more stupid. I can't guarantee that this will improve in ArmA 2, maybe when I get the objects config to work. But we will see when I port the island to ArmA 3. unknown.gif

I am definitely fond of the general direction this island is heading to.

Attention to small detail (traffic lights, signs, lots of objects i.a. dustbins, mailboxes, phonebooths), believable cities' street layouts, nice express ways with intersections etc. etc. - it's all certainly a big plus (and of course all those other things I was yet unable to stumbel upon).

One thing that bothers a bit is that the custom structures stand out too much and don't actually blend in (missing shadows, totally bad handling of light/shadow in the interiors, some textures - like the walls/carpets are not visible through glass [it's the empty grocery store I spotted this, I believe). Overal a very positive and refreshing experience. With proper tweaking (oh, for example, the cobblestone texture on the markets is waaay out of scale - too big, the texturing of the bridge pillars would certainly be better if something more hires was used) it'll all nicely fit together and get a homogenic look ;)

Sorry to be pointing out clouds in the Tavianian blue sky, just throwing my few cents.

Thanks for the feedback Topas, I will definitely fix the windows bug and all the major stuff that can affect playability, as for shadows and texture proportions, I probably won't because I don’t have time for all this alone sad.gif Hopefully when the bugs are fixed the other quirks won't be so noticeable. blush.gif

Updated on Six Updater Network.

2yvv67o.png Direct Download | Mod info

Thanks Sickboy good.gif

Alright mate, congrats on the map so far great fun being had with it.

Quick one on my side, you planning to update UKroads? or can i add the ones you released into visitor and not worry about redoing them as an update came out? As im going to redo most of the things on my mask

Hope your well, Jeza

Hey Jeza, I'm doing pretty well. I am planning to update the UK Roads pack, I just don't know when but I can assure you that you don't have to worry about using them on your island now because when the new version comes out the only changes might be texture tweaks or new road models added, however all the models from this version will remain in the addon in all other future versions.

Hi Nikiforos,

Can you post your computer specifications please?

I would also just like to say beforehand (and I don't mean to take the mick out of anyone or imply that their PC is too slow etc... in any way) that Taviana is an island that's a little bit ahead of its time, it contains a lot of models concentrated in small areas. I look forward in to the future, 3 or 4 years down the line when this island is ported to ArmA 3 and we have better computer hardware it will run smoothly while still maintaining a high level of detail and potential instead of being forgotten about. yes.gif

So I kind of counted with a few people getting poor performance for the time being, it’s a sacrifice that I have to make because of the future and also because I don’t have enough time to properly optimise the models.

Put a unit on the map somewhere where the FPS is good & reasonably close to where it is bad. Give it an APC to save time. Preview, & drive to the point where the fps nosedives. Slowly reverse til the FPS goes back to normal. Hit Escape. Alt+Tab & open the .rpt file, hit Ctrl+A then Delete. Save the empty rpt.

Alt+Tab back & continue the preview. Drive slowly forwards again. As soon as the FPS starts to plunge, hit Escape & re-open the .rpt file.

Post any error messages, with a description (screenshot of map also may help) so the precise location can be identified.

BR

Orcinus