Sign in to follow this  
-martin-

Taviana Island for ArmA 2!

Hi everybody,

So it’s the end of October (Happy Halloween by the way :evil::ghostface:) and I was meant to release the BETA now, but I have extended the date by one month (to the end of next month) because I want to complete a lot of more of the Northern part and bring something new to the release.

Just so that you don't think I'm lazy and I didn't do anything here is a little video of a new feature I made, I’ve spent 2 hours driving on it already, I plan to add AI capability to it too:

1BbqznpNeUQ

I really like steering with the mouse, much better than the arrows, they should do this in other racing games too!

My only concern is, AI behaviour on some of these bridges, as I doubt I could get a convoy to move along that bridge even with scripts.

I haven't tested that yet because I have to edit the models named properties as it doesn't show on the map, but when I do I will make a video if the AI can drive over it or not, I would assume that they can because this isn’t different from BIS bridges.

Just had the pleasure to use this map and I can safely say the bits that are complete make up the best arma2 map I've ever used. It is incredible! The custom buildings are fantastic. A few questions about the next release:

-Do you plan to complete the railway system as it seems to stop and start at some points?

-Will you add detail (forests, roads, villages etc) to the norh and to the western island?

-will there be a working tram in the main city? (would be awesome!)

-more detailed airport?

Thanks very much for your hard work and good luck!

Well this should answer your question:

1. Done that Icon-Small-Check-Mark.gif

2. Done that Icon-Small-Check-Mark.gif

3. Maybe if I have time to make one and fgure out how to make it work

4. Yes Icon-Small-Check-Mark.gif

Nice mate more the merrier, also i might do the same, but Help meeee!! :D

Damn I was so busy working on the island that it slipped out of my head :butbut: Really sorry man, I'll have a look at it as soon as I can. Meanwhile you can post it in the troubleshooting section and someone might get back to you faster than me because I'm really really busy and it might take me some time :sad:

Man,I wouldn't touch Nogova even if I had 5 armies,Victor Troska is there,although he's an old geezer by now I bet that psychopat can't wait for another invading army.No thank you,I want my tanks,gunships and troops in one piece.Troska is Chuck Norris of the East,he is not even interested with how many troops you brought on the island,but if more are coming.

Some sources actually tell that when Guba returned to the party only in his red underwear and was asked wtf happened with his army,his only words were "Don't go........to Nogova".He needed years of therapy before he could organize another invasion.

Sorry Martin for off-topic.

LoL :biggrin:

-Martin-: nice job with the race track. I have built two on my islands, but I don't see any missions for racing on them :/

-Martin-: nice job with the race track. I have built two on my islands, but I don't see any missions for racing on them :/

Thanks IceBreakr, I guess there won't be any missions on my race track too. But some people will definetly race in single player. I might make some car re-textures too of the Lada and Skoda to make them more sporty (if I ever have the time).

If only we had such islands back in OFP, people used to race in MP quite a lot.

Edited by -Martin-

@IceBreaktmr and -Martin-

In the spare time of my spare time ;) I have been working on a simple MP racing framework for mission makers featuring adjustable numbers of laps, anti-cheating measures, automatic results tabulator, etc. If I can ever get it released maybe it will inspire some racing missions.

It's just amazing Martin !

And the custom buildings... :yay: I can't wait for the next release...

Also, by detailled airport, what do you mean ?

A racetrack ! Will it have a smooth road surface… raises the question of better cars for A2 perhaps..:cool:

Wow you truly are an island making legend! This map is gonna be soo good! Cheers for the update and thanks very much for your effort and for providing hours of fun!

I eagerly waiting for the release and i also hope good mission makers

will support this jewel -and create some quality scenarios

:)

What’s up, everyone.

How’s it going? As you know, me and Richard are working on Taviana Island. Everything is running along smoothly, but kind of slowly because there are only two of us. So to speed things up we’re looking for a few more people to join the crew.

We’re looking for:

Texture designer

Role: You will be sent a UV map of a model with some reference pictures or we will tell you what it should look like and then you do the magic and send it back to us.

Requirements:

• Active or at least hard working (basically if you can get the job done without any 1 month delays and all that stuff, we will be happy to take you aboard).

• Friendly (You don’t have to be over friendly or anything – just a normal person that will reply to us when we write)

• Able to work in a team

• At least some experience

• Using Skype or ICQ

• Can texture on a UV map provided by us

Not required, but good:

• Using Photoshop (but you can use GIMP or whatever, as long as you get the job done)

• Lives/lived in a Eastern-bloc country

• Knows 3d modeling

• Can UV map models himself (a HUGE plus)

• Can texture in O2 (also a HUGE plus)

------------------------------------------------------

Mission designer

Basically someone who can make missions for the upcoming campaign, the storyline will be provided for every mission.

Requirements:

• Active or at least hard working

• Friendly

• Able to work in a team

• Using Skype or ICQ

• Advanced knowledge of ArmA2 mission editor (triggers, waypoint sync, etc)

Not required, but good:

• At least basic understanding of any Slavic language (Russian, Polish, Czech, Serbian etc…)

• Knowledge of campaign creation

• Ability to write stringtables

• Scripting

3d artist (human modeling)

Someone who can make Tavianian units, civilians and similar.

Requirements:

• Active or at least hard working

• Friendly

• Able to work in a team

• Using Skype or ICQ

• Knowledge about making addons for ArmA2 or at least Flashpoint

• Ability to make realistic human models

• Ability to UV map the models

Not required, but good:

• Using 3ds max

• Texture making

• Ability to write/edit config files (very huge plus)

• Ability to model cars (huge plus)

What you get:

• Latest Taviana addon to keep up with the work

• Your name in credits

• Taviana Special Edition treat (will be revealed later)

• New friends

So if you’re interested just PM my pal Richard: http://forums.bistudio.com/member.php?u=64942

HI Martin

update your first post in this thread otrherwise this info and your request are going to be buried after short time in your own thread. Just a humble advice.

keep up the great work.

HI Martin

update your first post in this thread otrherwise this info and your request are going to be buried after short time in your own thread. Just a humble advice.

keep up the great work.

Good idea :thumb: First post updated

What exactly you expect from missionmaker? I am polish and feel climate of Taviana. I would also propose you making army of Taviana, however as far as I know you search for 3d modelers for that? In this case,I just cant help you out with this.

We expect mission makers to understand what we need and to be able to read the scenario provided. Also knowledge of triggers. Scripting is good though not required.

For Taviana army, we are open for any proposals.

PM me with your IM details.

My opinion regarding tavianan army would be to custom retexture only the current usual eastern equipment.Maybe also retexture some high tech russian hardware like the T-90,Su-34 and Vodnik,it could be explained that Russia exported some of that stuff to Taviana as a gesture of goodwill.:D

Im thinking part 2 of my GR remake of the original will be here - first 6 missions on Podagorsk then several on here.

Im thinking part 2 of my GR remake of the original will be here - first 6 missions on Podagorsk then several on here.

I find it excellent idea-and you can take advantage of various scripts about

A.I patroling or guarding houses/structures (Hostage situations etc) since this

magnificent island has really really nice structures for almost every (urban theme..but not only)scenario.

Edited by GiorgyGR

Was just wondering today at work how you were going to do the Moscow mission, it seems so obvious now, Taviana is perfect!

Absolutely, it's the only island with a city made for the Russian campaign.

Agreed, & I look forward to your campaign - Podagorsk is one of my favourite islands & a combination with Taviana will be brilliant :)

@ GyorgGR: too right, I'm trying out out a DAC3 city assault scenario on the beta - some issues with units walking through floors, etc., but the first battle was humungous due to the combination of the DAC building garrison / investigation scripts & this splendid island.

@ Martin - thanks again for the superb work, this island will be a classic :yay:

BR

Orcinus

I can happily tell you that my son and I have had a blast racing on your track Icebreakr. We have also spent alot of time goofing around on the jump. Fun stuff!

Looking forward to your track as well Martin.

What exactly you expect from missionmaker? I am polish and feel climate of Taviana. I would also propose you making army of Taviana, however as far as I know you search for 3d modelers for that? In this case,I just cant help you out with this.

Same here, of all user-created maps this one particularly feels most like home. I'm really looking forward to how the map will expand with the addition of national military units and so forth.

Also, by detailled airport, what do you mean ?

Oh you know me, something like this: :biggrin: Please note that this model and area is still work in progress and not the final result.

It has a underground train station, will feature a baggage pick up area, airplane ramp (that pipe that goes to the airplane) and so on....

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Will it have a smooth road surface…

The surface is smooth and perfectly straight good.gif

Excellent, I’m very glad to hear that. If you need access to the pre-release BETA version so you can have a head start and don’t have to wait till I release just PM me and I will send it to you immediately.

Edited by -Martin-
Added a "]"

Alpha 1 - Released on August 26 - Link: http://forums.bistudio.com/showpost.php?p=1719118&postcount=1

Beta 1 - Coming at the end of October or early November

(Arma.info = http://www.armedassault.info/)

Best regards and sorry for the confusion :smile:

It's early November now, where is the beta? :D

No, another thing I'm interested in - these cable cars, you made them moving or 'just' static objects?

If they move, that would be flippin' cool. I remember someone tried that back in the old OFP days but had to give up.

The surface is smooth and perfectly straight good.gif

I shall have the suspension lowered then..:D

Your new pics:

I would say ‘wow’, but I think ‘bloody hell’ is more fitting, great work..