Sign in to follow this  
-martin-

Taviana Island for ArmA 2!

awesome! i love your objects

i just had an idea' date=' a hotel pool.. you could make a pool object and then put a pond object inside.. just an idea.[/quote']

You know that's a really good idea :butbut: I'm sure that I will add it to some hotel, I just have to figure out where. I can't put it beside this hotel because there is a 3 floor garage next to it. But screen shots of that will have to wait, I don't wanna spoil everything :p

a cool thing you could do in the future, add some snow coverd mountians on the northern part of the island :D

a cool thing you could do in the future, add some snow coverd mountians on the northern part of the island :D

Do you mean, like the whole northern part of the island covered in snow, together with houses, trees etc...? Or just mountain tops? :smile:

Do you mean, like the whole northern part of the island covered in snow, together with houses, trees etc...? Or just mountain tops? :smile:

well not the whole but if you know namalsk island (which I think you know about) something like that but a bit bigger with snow vegetaion & snow coverd houses, that would be nice, but your map, your decision ;)

well not the whole but if you know namalsk island (which I think you know about) something like that but a bit bigger with snow vegetaion & snow coverd houses, that would be nice, but your map, your decision ;)

Well I don't think this would be suitable for the island at all, because the elevation of the island is fairly the same in the urban areas, there are hills of course but no towns are located so high up in the mountains that they could be covered by snow, and it would be quite strange to drive a few towns down from an autumn environment in to a winter environment because if there was snow it would have to affect the whole island if you know what I mean. Sorry mate :wink_o: But I think you will like it even without the snow :smile:

Hi -Martin-

this looks really awesome. :notworthy: The custom objects are top notch. Keep up this outstanding work. Will wait patiently for it's release.

kind regards

Do you mean, like the whole northern part of the island covered in snow

Ah to hell with it-make it all snow!! :D

Amazing;those custom works look good and the setting idea is really original;I like that underground! I suppose it's inspired by the Moscow underground?Furthermore, as interiors are a bit left out in Arma2,it's nice to see detailed ones like the hotel hall.Can't wait to see more.

Edited by jadehorus
Grammar

This looks really nice. I'm very impressed by your house objects. Those are (to embrace the lingo) plain awesome! :)

You should consider making object packs sometime, as you are obviously a great modeller.

Looking forward to the island!

Ha, this map is one of the reasons I was sad to leave OFP.

Nice work Martin

Hey everyone,

Thanks for your comments again, its very appreciated :smile: Here are a few new screen-shots, I realised that I've been posting lots of urban pictures so here are some pictures of the country side on the south of the island. The south is leafy where as the north will only have pine trees. Enjoy and leave your comments and suggestions!

Here is a small village by the road, people who take care of the fields live there etc... There is some clutter on the roads, I'll fix that once I get to the layer mask again.

tavi19b.th.jpg

Some wheat fields, I think I made the wheat a bit too tall, I'll make it to knee height, what do you think?

tavi20b.th.jpg

A picture of some more fields, as you can see there is a village with a factory on the hill and a few potato plants that I'm testing, they are from the OFP Farmlands mod, if I do decide to keep them I'll ask for their permission and helpfully all will go well. Again, what do you think?

tavi21b.th.jpg

Some pumpkin fields with scare crows, that reminds me, its Halloween soon!

tavi22b.th.jpg

An areal picture of the village "Postojna", as you can see where I've circled red, that's where the south side of the capital city is, I didn't import that part from OFP yet but I'm working on it, its pretty big so it takes some time.

tavi23b.th.jpg

And finally some wheat that has been cut, as you can see there are hay stacks on the field and small clutter, I think it looks pretty cool :tounge: How about you?

tavi24b.th.jpg

So that's it for today, I hope you liked them, I'll post some more on Friday.

Amazing;those custom works look good and the setting idea is really original;I like that underground! I suppose it's inspired by the Moscow underground?Furthermore, as interiors are a bit left out in Arma2,it's nice to see detailed ones like the hotel hall.Can't wait to see more.

Good eye :wink_o: Well its kind of 50/50 based on the Prague and Moscow metro, Moscow design and decoration, Prague architecture and material. But I think it looks good.

EDIT: See page 4 for more screen shots!

This Island is going to be a beauty, can't wait for it to come to ARMA2

Hey everyone!

Time for some new screen shots because I've been quietly working for some time now :wink_o: Also some news that some of you might like:

I need BETA testers to test performance of a small Southern part of the island!

This basically involves me sending you a part of the island that I really need to test for performance because it has some large forests to see how it runs on other systems. You just download it, play around with it as much as you like, tell me your system specs, how it runs and help me in a very big way before I release the public BETA of the whole Southern part. If you are interested please PM me, your help will be valued very much by me and the community!

So now the screen shots (there are all form the part of the island that I need to beta test):

An aerial view of "Žuta Gora", which means "Yellow Mountain"

tavi25b.th.jpg

An aerial view of the village Stari Sad (which means Old Garden)

tavi26b.th.jpg

A look at some fields under Žuta Gora

tavi27b.th.jpg

Edited by -Martin-
I made some text bold :P

The ruins of a church on Žuta Gora and the famous cow!

tavi28b.th.jpg

A look at South Taviana from the sea

tavi29b.th.jpg

Yet another scene in Žuta Gora, this time a leafy forest. The South of the island only contains leafy trees

tavi30b.th.jpg

Finally, a map of a very small piece of the Southern part of the Taviana, this is the part that I need BETA testers for, I'm also planning to make an island the 2x the size of Utes on the West side of this piece.

tavi31b.th.jpg

EDIT: Don't mind the green, it wont be there when its done.

Please leave your comments/suggestions and feedback, the more the better!

Edited by -Martin-

very nice. i'd mix up the trees if i were you , perhaps try using pines also instead of those deciduous trees. or maybe mikebart's trees (if you're going for a summer look)

very nice. i'd mix up the trees if i were you ' date=' perhaps try using pines also instead of those deciduous trees. or maybe mikebart's trees (if you're going for a summer look)[/quote']

Thanks for the feed back :smile: I'll think about mixing in other trees but I don't think pine trees would suit this forest well because everything is leafy and then pine trees between that doesn't look too good.

Remember guys, I'm looking for beta testers, PM or E-mail me ASAP!

Very lovely map... I hope you made it ALICE compatible :)

I'm kind of new to ArmA 2, came from OFP... Whats ALICE/How do I make it compatible?:butbut: