Sign in to follow this  
Leopotam

Blender import / export plugins

I used to use the Blender 2.4x series a couple of years ago and the big changes in the UI in the new 2.5x series scared me at first so it took Leopotam's plugins as bait to lure me back into to learning it!

If you find the changes in the 2.5x interface daunting... or have never used blender before... I found a series of great videos to give you a crash course in modelling with this new software (English only, sorry!):

Give it a go! We need more modellers ;) And more video tutorials!

Thanks again Leopotam!

If you find the changes in the 2.5x interface daunting... or have never used blender before... I found a series of great videos to give you a crash course in modelling with this new software (English only, sorry!):

Here is another New to Blender collection of introductory tutorials for the new people with blender (2.5x):

Getting Started with Blender (via www.blendercookie.com)

Hmmm... did my export script hang or does it just take awhile to work? My blender console says "Export to P3D started..."

It's said that for about five minutes now. Not a huge model (under 1000 faces), all closed, all quads.

EDIT--

Never mind! For whatever reason I had to restart blender and reload my mesh, then it worked. I lost my "pan" ability in it today too so who knows...

Edited by Oktyabr

Anyone have this working with one of the later builds (32bit Win)? I'm having very mixed results and don't remember which one worked... sort of....

EDIT: Just a correction, the beta you link in the first post Leopotam works just fine! Don't know why I'm messing around with experimental builds (b-mesh, sculpture?)

But I am having a problem with the scale of objects imported into O2, similar to what you show happening at the end of your "goggles" video... what's the trick to getting the scale right for export in blender?

EDIT: Thanks to Commander for finding and then pointing out the solution! It was right in the video, just didn't know simply clicking two buttons that don't *look* like they do anything to your model in Blender could have an impact in how they look in O2!

"ctrl+a" then click "Rotation", then "ctrl+a" and click "Scale"... Export! No more strange stretchy stuff :)

Edited by Oktyabr

Exporter v0.3.9:

* Compatibility with r36147 (2.57).

Importer v0.2.6:

Uses only standard releases, not tested with trunk builds.

First post updated.

Don't know where is the problem, but I can't tick the exporter in user preferences panel. I've got version r36147.

^^ supose I should have checked before posting last,

Jarinator90 is right, box appaears ticked if you restore previous version settings but the ArmA parameters do not appear when you hit 'n' and the exporter cant be re-ebnabled if you untick it.

Exporter v0.3.10:

* Small fix.

First post updated.

P.S. Jarinator90, Pathetic_Berserker, try again, pls.

P.S.S. Tested with 2.57a.

Edited by Leopotam

Exporter v0.3.9:

Importer v0.2.6:

Uses only standard releases, not tested with trunk builds.

First post updated.

I've just tested under r36339 - I got an error ("Unable to load file. Load error") when I tried to read my exported P3D in Oxygen2 - import works fine though. Oddly enough it seems to work if I generate some geometry in Blender (e.g. a cube) and then export. It was only when I loaded geometry from a P3D and tried to export it again that it failed.

I just installed 64bit version 2.57b, but theres no logical place to place your files .....

Where do I place the files now as theres no "scripts/addons" subfolder?

aaron.newton, I have no errors, send example of damaged p3d to me.

[APS]Gnat, download zip version, unpack, then : <blender>/2.57/scripts/addons/. Or try to find blender folder into your user-profile.

Edited by Leopotam

Gnat;1922604']I just installed 64bit version 2.57b' date=' but theres no logical place to place your files .....

Where do I place the files now as theres no "scripts/addons" subfolder?[/quote']

Hey Gnat, I think I found it under AppData/Roaming/Blender. Will confirm when I get home

Thanks for the tip PB

Seems it goes here;

C:\Users\root\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.57\scripts

Hello Gnat,

Sorry for the late reply. Your Blender addons folder is where you specified it to be at installation.

Related question - should the exported file include my UV mappings? They seem to be getting stripped out during the export.

Hello Gnat,

Related question - should the exported file include my UV mappings? They seem to be getting stripped out during the export.

You have to be in objectmode and select the object (or simply select all) when exporting to p3d. This works for me at least.

You have to be in objectmode and select the object (or simply select all) when exporting to p3d. This works for me at least.

Blender "edit mode" not works with direct mesh data of object, but with internal copy. Copied (edited) data move to real mesh data when you switch between object / edit modes. Exporter dump only real mesh data.

aaron.newton:

Blender "edit mode" not works with direct mesh data of object, but with internal copy. Copied (edited) data move to real mesh data when you switch between object / edit modes. Exporter dump only real mesh data.

Switch to object mode and try again.

2. Negative scale for object? Why? Always reset transform before export (Ctrl+A in object mode, Rotation/Scale).

Edited by Leopotam

I would like to collect suggestions for improving plugins. Features can be realized - will be posted for public voting here. Please, post your "features-to-realize" into this topic.

Edited by Leopotam