tophe

Tophe's Arma Dedicated Server Tool (TADST)

17 hours ago, thirith said:

Thanks! Stupid question perhaps, but for small-scale coop (4-8 people, and while I'm hoping for more, I doubt we'll ever be more than 10), is there a noticeable benefit in going with the 64-bit server? Then again, I'm hoping to check out whether the group might like Antistasi, so I guess the larger-scale game systems would benefit from the server using the 64bit executable.

Using the 64-bit version shouldn't be detrimental in any way. So you can only benefit by using it.

On 2017-04-15 at 11:07 AM, kremator said:

You don't need any ports if using UPNP.  However otherwise it is UDP 2302-2305.

On 2017-04-18 at 0:07 AM, TopNinjaGaming said:

Ok I did that now it's not show UPNP failed but it still won't show in internet

If you're having trouble with UPnP I'd suggest just port forwarding manually after setting a static IP on the machine hosting the server. UPnP is just a way for games and such to automatically port forward temporarily; But not every router supports it.

After some difficulties with port forwarding, I'm now using TADST to launch a dedicated server *and* my gaming PC sees it and is able to log in. Except not quite: when trying to connect, I get an endless loading screen (described in a thread in Troubleshooting). Not sure whether the problem lies with TADST (I suspect not), the dedicated server or the gaming PC.

Do you have a mission selected in the missions tab of the launcher?

Actually, I don't. Does one have to be selected? Is it as easy as that?

1 hour ago, thirith said:

Actually, I don't. Does one have to be selected? Is it as easy as that?

Yes, otherwise the game just sits there waiting for a mission to load. You can force it to load a mission by logging in as administrator and doing /#missions and selecting one from there.

• Like 1

hi anyone

i have just DL  this program. but i will not even start up. i have put in my Arma folder and made a shortcut to desktop. i run it in Admin mode and it just goes to the warning if i want this program to run my pc and i press  yes and then the mouse spins for 3 sec and nothing happens.

any one who know af this problem..

\\ L.Lysgaard

Never mind found the problem..

Edited by Play3r
Solved

I recently have set up the required ports, and they are open. But when I set up the server even with UPNP checked I keep seeing my server always in LAN and never in Internet, and cant invite my friend to join my server.

Any help will be appreciated.

Have you opened the ports both on your router and in the Windows firewall (or whatever other software firewall you use)? In my case this is what was required to make it work.

I'm unable to view RPT log through TADST since upgrading to 64 bit ... Is there something I have to do?

I suspect that the rpt file has a name with "x64" added and the launcher doesn't expect that.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Tankbuster said:

I suspect that the rpt file has a name with "x64" added and the launcher doesn't expect that.

any idea how to fix?

On 19/05/2017 at 10:22 AM, Tankbuster said:

It will work out of the box, though it will only fire up the 32 bit server.

To make it start the 64 bit version, rename the armaserver3.exe to something else, then rename the 64bit server executabe to arma3server.exe. In other words, make the 64bit executable have the same name as the 32 bit, which is the one TADST expects to find and run.

Have you done this, or similar, to trick the launcher into using 64bit exe, @fn_Quiksilver?

I would like to request a way to set priority and processor affinity from within TADST.  It can be set from a batch file so it should be possible to set it with TADST.

Batch file Example:

START "" /affinity C /high "C:\Arma\arma3server_x64.exe" ....

The affinity is the Hex value of the binary representation of which cores you want to set affinity for (in this case C = 00001100 or cores 2 and 3)

And priority in this case is set to high

It would be even better if there were just a checkbox list similar to the actual one that Windows prompts with and then TADST would calculate the right hex value and set it.

• Like 1

When I start the server, the server launches fine and I see the server log that confirms the server initializes properly.  I find my server in game, however, when I launch the game, I log into my server with my password, the next screen loads but doesn't go any further.  I don't see any maps to choose from - similar to an earlier post on May 20th.  

Thing is the server log shows I'm connected, and log tries to read mission file as it actively scrolls I can see 'reading mission...*file path goes here* no longer exist' as it tries to initialize the campaigns.  I do have the missions and mods checked in those server tabs, so it's not that.

Other than mission tab files not check marked, any ideas?  

EDIT: actually I don't see my server in game under 'internet' but instead it's under LAN.  Could this be the issue?

Thanks!

DrDetroit

On 2017-07-30 at 0:31 AM, drdetroit said:

When I start the server, the server launches fine and I see the server log that confirms the server initializes properly.  I find my server in game, however, when I launch the game, I log into my server with my password, the next screen loads but doesn't go any further.  I don't see any maps to choose from - similar to an earlier post on May 20th.  

Thing is the server log shows I'm connected, and log tries to read mission file as it actively scrolls I can see 'reading mission...*file path goes here* no longer exist' as it tries to initialize the campaigns.  I do have the missions and mods checked in those server tabs, so it's not that.

Other than mission tab files not check marked, any ideas?  

EDIT: actually I don't see my server in game under 'internet' but instead it's under LAN.  Could this be the issue?

Thanks!

DrDetroit

Are you using the #missions command? If not then that should bring you to the list of missions to chose from as long as you are logged in as admin. The default is to not load any missions on start so it may look like you are not connected but rather just staring at a blank screen.

My server is not showing up under Internet either anymore. I think this is likely an issue with TADST not reporting to the correct game servers anymore. But this isn't your problem. My LAN games allow me to select missions as I stipulated above.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, delta99 said:

Are you using the #missions command? If not then that should bring you to the list of missions to chose from as long as you are logged in as admin. The default is to not load any missions on start so it may look like you are not connected but rather just staring at a blank screen.

I'm not using #missions command.  I'm pretty much firing up the server, starting Arma3, going to multiplayer and trying to start a mission.   I select my server, log in and that's as far as I can get...just stays in the next screen after logging in.  

Where would I input said #missions command?  

Thanks a million for the assistance!  

On 2017-08-03 at 2:17 AM, drdetroit said:

I'm not using #missions command.  I'm pretty much firing up the server, starting Arma3, going to multiplayer and trying to start a mission.   I select my server, log in and that's as far as I can get...just stays in the next screen after logging in.  

Are you running any mods?

Keep in mind that there is still a fair share of mods out there that are not updated

to work with the 64bit of Arma 3.

11 hours ago, Ellman said:

Are you running any mods?

Keep in mind that there is still a fair share of mods out there that are not updated

to work with the 64bit of Arma 3.

Nah man, that ain't it.  I've got over 1k hours with my mods running 64bit.  My game runs fine, I just want to run a dedicated server for persistent saving for some insurgency missions (British Steel, Battle of Sangin, ect).  

Anyhow I think I figured it out; didn't have port forwarding setup in my router config.  Looks like I'm good to go now.

Thanks!
DrDetroit

• Like 1

On 2017-08-02 at 8:17 PM, drdetroit said:

You type / like you are going to send a text message in-game. The #login <admin password>. Then on another line #missions. This is certainly your problem. This is how it works unless you setup the server to load a mission on startup which is not the default.

• Like 1

On 8/11/2017 at 10:30 PM, TopNinjaGaming said:

Is there a way to still have the server running, even when you turn off your computer 

Put it on a machine that runs 24/7

Seems im getting crashes on a fresh dedicated server, it wipes out before game even boots, crashes right at 'initalizing mods'

plzzz make function add mod folder.its too hard to choice directory after add mod.and program do not choice arma3server_x64.exe  file

On 9/1/2017 at 11:46 AM, otarius-big said:

plzzz make function add mod folder.its too hard to choice directory after add mod.and program do not choice arma3server_x64.exe  file

You put Tadst in root folder of arma3.. The mods tab will pick up all mods you have and any others you put there.. Arma3server_x64.exe works fine as well as headless client support etc.. The program works flawlessly on a dedicated server