tophe

Tophe's Arma Dedicated Server Tool (TADST)

Great tool Tophe.

can you add mission loading order like u did the mod thx Tophe

good idea

I'm running Combined mode (ARMA2+OA+BAF+PMC+ACE2) with TA2DST and Steam:

My file D3lta.TA2DST is :

trick: Change the folders of steam first.

// Settings file for TA2DST v1.0 beta
W:\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\ARMA2OASERVER.exe
@ACE;@ACEX;@ACEX_ru;@ACEX_SM;@ACEX_usnavy;@ACRE;@CBA;@JayArma2Lib;BAF;CCT;PMC;W:\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2;W:\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\Expansion
True
False
UTM/Test Server Brasil
password
password

False
False
False
False
False
False

True
True
False
True
True
False
True
True
False
True
True
True
True
True
True
True
True
True
False
True
True
True
True
True
False
True
True
True
True
True
False
True
True
True
True
True
True
True
True
True
False
True
True
True
True
False
False
False
False
True
False
True
False
False
True
False
False
True
False
False
True
False
False
False
True
True
False
False
False
False
False
True
False
False
False
False
False
False
False
False
False
False
False
False
False
False
False
False

-mod=ca
True
missions:::
co@20_OA_ACE_Restrepo.Takistan.pbo
mods:::
@ACE
@ACEX
@ACEX_ru
@ACEX_SM
@ACEX_usnavy
@ACRE
@CBA
@JayArma2Lib
BAF
PMC
W:\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2
W:\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\Expansion

Simple and fast!!! Copy this file on your profile TA2DST.

Best Regards

Edited by D3lta

would be nice if u can add admin vote disable i try to add it in TA2DST_config.cfg manually but when launching the server with TA2DST it modifies the TA2DST_config.cfg to original.

Hey Tophe,

Wanted to say your server launcher is the best out there. The only drawback is not being able to save mods.

I know you're working on it, but I hope you can enable drag-and-drop for the mod section like Spirited Machine's Launcher. Running 14+ mods gets a little old have to click "UP" "UP" "UP" "UP" over and over.

And for mods like Zeus, the difficulty input needs to have at least 7-8 decimal places as difficulties can be as precise as "skillFriendly=0.98500001;

I hope progress is coming well. Thanks again for making a fantastic GUI

Hey Tophe,

Wanted to say your server launcher is the best out there. The only drawback is not being able to save mods.

I know you're working on it, but I hope you can enable drag-and-drop for the mod section like Spirited Machine's Launcher. Running 14+ mods gets a little old have to click "UP" "UP" "UP" "UP" over and over.

And for mods like Zeus, the difficulty input needs to have at least 7-8 decimal places as difficulties can be as precise as "skillFriendly=0.98500001;

I hope progress is coming well. Thanks again for making a fantastic GUI

Thanks mate, that's warming.

Right now I'm working a lot, but this spring I will get back to Arma scripting.

Really looking forward to it! The first thing I'll do is to update this tool. I'll keep you posted.

Thanks mate, that's warming.

Right now I'm working a lot, but this spring I will get back to Arma scripting.

Really looking forward to it! The first thing I'll do is to update this tool. I'll keep you posted.

Good to hear! I also meant "mod order" when I said "save mods". I believe it does save mods checked already but the order it does not.

Hope all is well and we look forward to you getting back and perfecting your almost perfect software!

would be nice if u can add admin vote disable i try to add it in TA2DST_config.cfg manually but when launching the server with TA2DST it modifies the TA2DST_config.cfg to original.

Exactly what setting is that? Under the Server Rules tab there is a tickbox to enable or disable voting.

But it doesn't sound like the setting you're after.

Which setting in the the config file are you referring to?

you know when you get into server and the mission there is a option called server control and than you can vote for admin or a new map i like to disable it so nobody can vote.

i can do that by putting ( voteThreshold=2; )

This means people can still vote but there is no way any vote would make a valid result.

you know when you get into server and the mission there is a option called server control and than you can vote for admin or a new map i like to disable it so nobody can vote.

i can do that by putting ( voteThreshold=2; )

This means people can still vote but there is no way any vote would make a valid result.

Thanks man! I just looked at it and it turned out I had a typo in the code generating the config files. I spelled Threshold wrong, so oven if you disable voting the server would ignore the setting. I just fixed it.

I have to look through the program and see if I can fix any other small bugs. I'll release a new version this week. Probably no new extra functions, just ironing out bugs, starting with this one.

Thanks again!

Thats great new as this is the best and a life saver for me because I am thick and could not grasp the manual way of setting up a dedi server.

With this it was a few clicks and BANG I was playing on me server.

Thanks for this tool its awesome.

Thanks guy, that means a lot!

I'm gonna work a bit on it tonight and see how far I'll get.

Wow I just downloaded this and created my first dedicated server. I didn't think it could be so easy! I think you've got me back into this games multiplayer community Tophe. One question though: Does it work with the Warfare BE Parameters config that you know of? It seems the parameters space in your tool only has one line I can write in...

Wow I just downloaded this and created my first dedicated server. I didn't think it could be so easy! I think you've got me back into this games multiplayer community Tophe. One question though: Does it work with the Warfare BE Parameters config that you know of? It seems the parameters space in your tool only has one line I can write in...

That's great! Thanks!

The parameters field is only for extra server parameters (like -cpucount, -exThreads etc).

I'm not sure which ones apply to the dedicated server exe, so I added that field.

Mission parameters is not possible to set in TA2DST yet.

I hope to release version 1.3 tonight, then I'll start working on some kind of mission parameter system for v1.4. Many have asked for it.

Cheers.

Hi please help to save writing it all again see this

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=114547

But under the difficulty setting where it says AI skill etc if I leave it at 0.00 should the AI really act like tards? I mean they shoot 90 degrees from me and over my head even if I am sat on top of them.

Thanks

Hi please help to save writing it all again see this

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=114547

But under the difficulty setting where it says AI skill etc if I leave it at 0.00 should the AI really act like tards? I mean they shoot 90 degrees from me and over my head even if I am sat on top of them.

Thanks

Well yeah, at 0.00 they're pretty much stupid as bricks.

Set it to 1.00 for comparison.

Hi there I set the AI precision to 1.00 still could not hit a brick wall.

Could it be the latest BETA 77819 server.exe?.

EDIT

Ok I set the AI skill and precision to 1.00 and seems ok.

I think this tool is awsome but really default AI skill etc set to 0.00 (brick mode).

I really cant imagine I am the only one who has had this problem or did I hide a problem else where setting the skill level to 1.00?.

Please confirm that the skill level HAS to be set in your tool or they will be bricks?.

So maybe have the app default the AI skill and precision to at least 0.25 or some thing?.

Oh and if it does need to be set whats the best settings for balanced play?.

Cheers matey

Edited by stk2008

Hi there I set the AI precision to 1.00 still could not hit a brick wall.

Could it be the latest BETA 77819 server.exe?.

EDIT

Ok I set the AI skill and precision to 1.00 and seems ok.

I think this tool is awsome but really default AI skill etc set to 0.00 (brick mode).

I really cant imagine I am the only one who has had this problem or did I hide a problem else where setting the skill level to 1.00?.

Please confirm that the skill level HAS to be set in your tool or they will be bricks?.

So maybe have the app default the AI skill and precision to at least 0.25 or some thing?.

Oh and if it does need to be set whats the best settings for balanced play?.

Cheers matey

The tool sets the default game values (between 0.3 and 1, depending on the difficulty setting).

So unless you did something wrong, or set them to 0 yourself you won't have to do anything.

Default values are pretty good for balanced gameplay.

Try deleting the TA2DST folder in the Arma folder to have it generate a new default file.

Hey there.

If I forget to select a difficulty setting in the missions select screen in ARMA2 then no matter what I set the AI at in your tool it sets em to brick wall mode hahaha.

Dont know if creating a dedi server the normal way does this or not?.

thanks

Allright... new release out. Check first post.

* New function to set mission loading order.

* Mod and Mission loading order is now saved in the profile

* Voting bug fixed. Disabling voting now works.

* MOTD maximum interval is increased to 999 seconds

Thx Foxhound for putting it up in the news!