tophe

Tophe's Arma Dedicated Server Tool (TADST)

I get the exact error as well.

I keep getting this error on the server http://pastebin.com/4FmJj4p4 and it prevents me from changing anything on the custom difficulty and it won't let me launch the server.

yup the only thing that was the same was default but that had nothing inside the folder anyway. I even made sure I am running the recent framework.

Edited by kripto202

make sure from 2.7 to 2.8 you have deleted your profiles and remade them in 2.8.

Yes. Sorry about the errors. You need to delete the old TADST folder before starting again.

Thanks for the update...

Is all the settings gonna work in new update like veterans, normal, custom ??

Thanks for the update...

Is all the settings gonna work in new update like veterans, normal, custom ??

yes, they work in the current version (2.8).

Thanks Tophe! Looking forward to the next updates ;)

Need your input.

Here's the new difficulty settings tab. I removed the settings for all levels but Custom (since that's the only one that should go into the profile.)

Am I thinking right? The recruit, regular and veteran settings are fixed don the game bin config?

2uhv2gy.jpg

• Like 1

Looks great like that tophe.

No point cluttering up the window with options that cannot be changed. Your thinking is right.

Looks great like that tophe.

No point cluttering up the window with options that cannot be changed. Your thinking is right.

Thanks. Then I'll release this later today. It will be in two stages. Right now the difficulty properties can only be set to 0/1 (true/false). next stage I'll redesign it so its possible to choose 0/1/2 for properties where that's applicable. It will take a little longer to figure out a good UI solution for that so I want to get this out first.

Would the simplest ui option for 0 1 2 just be three columns of tick boxes? If one is ticked it clears the value in the others

Would the simplest ui option for 0 1 2 just be three columns of tick boxes? If one is ticked it clears the value in the others

The big issue is not really the design but the implementation in the framework. But I'll figure it out. Been a while since I did some serious C# developing. I'm having fun with this :-)

• Like 1

Can you please add this option to TADST .

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/server.cfg#Server_Options

loopback = true;

Puts dedicated server into LAN mode and allows multiple LAN or local clients to connect to the server under a single steam ID.

It is very useful for testing missions on a single machine without having to bug others to help out. Currently I have to enter this manually every time I resave settings in TADST. Very annoying. I am not faulting you, but this should have been added back in Arma 2.

Check box labeled "Loopback" or "LAN Mode" Should suffice.

Thank you again. :)

figured this would be the best place to ask,

i have recently started to look into setting up a Headless Client via TADST, and for the life of me i cant seem to understand the ip situation...

xJTncyD.png

do i just leave them like this or what do i put in each line?

figured this would be the best place to ask,

i have recently started to look into setting up a Headless Client via TADST, and for the life of me i cant seem to understand the ip situation...

xJTncyD.png

do i just leave them like this or what do i put in each line?

Just like that. It will work.

Enviado do meu X5 através de Tapatalk

That SOMETIMES works thor.

You may also need to add the actual ip of the hc. If they are on the same box it's the same obviously, but sometimes you need to add it anyways. If it's on a different box you need to add the other ip for sure.

Can you please add this option to TADST .

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/server.cfg#Server_Options

loopback = true;

Puts dedicated server into LAN mode and allows multiple LAN or local clients to connect to the server under a single steam ID.

It is very useful for testing missions on a single machine without having to bug others to help out. Currently I have to enter this manually every time I resave settings in TADST. Very annoying. I am not faulting you, but this should have been added back in Arma 2.

Check box labeled "Loopback" or "LAN Mode" Should suffice.

Thank you again. :)

Thanks. It's done :-)

That SOMETIMES works thor.

You may also need to add the actual ip of the hc. If they are on the same box it's the same obviously, but sometimes you need to add it anyways. If it's on a different box you need to add the other ip for sure.

yeah the HC is on the same serverbox as the game server its goin to connect to..  i just cant figure it out for the life of me..  i remember in the A2 version of TADST it had a setting for the acutal HC client, where as the A3 version just has a setting for the server its self.

maybe i need to go back to the old school method and set it up via .bat files.

yeah the HC is on the same serverbox as the game server its goin to connect to..  i just cant figure it out for the life of me..  i remember in the A2 version of TADST it had a setting for the acutal HC client, where as the A3 version just has a setting for the server its self.

maybe i need to go back to the old school method and set it up via .bat files.

There will be an overhaul of the HC support in TADST pretty soon. I have it on the list for the next releases

• Like 1

Version 2.9 out.

v2.9 - 2016.05.06

• New: loopback settings added
  • Fixed: Difficulty settings now reflect the correct properties
  • Improved: Cleaned up UI from unsused difficulty settings

Found the old preview pictures, from all the verisons :-)
Expand spoiler for some kind of nerdy memory lane...

front1.jpg

front2.jpg

front3.jpg

front4.jpg

front5.jpg

front6.jpg

front7.jpg

front8.jpg

front9.jpg

front10.jpg

front11.jpg

front12.jpg