tophe

Tophe's Arma Dedicated Server Tool (TADST)

Hi,

I'm trying to host the popular survival mission/mod "Dynamic Survival Sandbox" on TADST,

Problem is that I can only see it on LAN, not Internet.

This is what I've done:

- I've disabled Firewall

- I've opened Ports:

2344 and 2345 (TCP)

2302-2305, 2303, 2304 and 2344 (UDP)

Please, there has to be some way to host a mission in ArmA 3, its getting serious and I don't want to pay additional money just to host something for my friends. :(

Thanks,

Ranwer135

Edited by Ranwer

You can use 3rd party program, evolvehq.com, search for ARMA 3 and DL that program. Everyone needs to use the program to play.

I had to open my network to all ports, allow the ports through my router firewall, even then I only see it via remote connect, everyone else sees it steam server list. I use TADST.

I have to mention that my DS although works does not allow me to remote connect or be listed on server list at this time. Not sure if TADST is the cause, BUT I reset my network router, reset all ports and advanced options with firewall AND nothing.

I have to conclude its not on my end as its probably Arma/TADST.

Anyone else? I had this working again last wk, but now collecting dust.

UGH!!!

Edited by JAndrews1

same here friend, ive literally tried everything for 2 weeks now and still cannot see my server in the list, it shows on lan and remote i.p but my friends still cannot connect. If somebody could help with this I would be extremely gratefull

ive been trying to use this tool but my server not showing up, I can connect via remote ip or lan, but no internet and my friends cant connect ive opened all my ports router and firewall nothing works nothing at all, ive tried following the tutorial here for dedicated server but the steam_updater file would open then close very quickly and I couldn't find anyhelp at all on that so am stuck seems ive hit a brick wall please somebody help

---------- Post added at 13:46 ---------- Previous post was at 12:16 ----------

omg does anybody use these forums

I'm using DLink 600L and enable port forwarding. After launch, i can only see it in LAN and when I join, the game won't start and will be stuck to loading screen.

and.. can't see other's dedicated server anymore.

Works fine. Have a look through the last few pages of the original THREAD

I am using TA2DST and I can load and play missions that include no mods perfectly well however when I try to load a custom mission that I completed I get stuck on the "Wait for host" screen. Also the server's name changes to "rar'. I have been operating under the assumption it is the config files but have made no progress... ben at this for 36 hours.....

I am using TA2DST and I can load and play missions that include no mods perfectly well however when I try to load a custom mission that I completed I get stuck on the "Wait for host" screen. Also the server's name changes to "rar'. I have been operating under the assumption it is the config files but have made no progress... ben at this for 36 hours.....

how are your mods placed in parameter? @mod;@mod;...? etc? are they turned on? are they in the Arma 3 folder? Does the mod mission play in editor? if so, check your mod set on server and in TADST.

---------- Post added at 21:32 ---------- Previous post was at 21:30 ----------

You can use 3rd party program, evolvehq.com, search for ARMA 3 and DL that program. Everyone needs to use the program to play.

I had to open my network to all ports, allow the ports through my router firewall, even then I only see it via remote connect, everyone else sees it steam server list. I use TADST.

I have to mention that my DS although works does not allow me to remote connect or be listed on server list at this time. Not sure if TADST is the cause, BUT I reset my network router, reset all ports and advanced options with firewall AND nothing.

I have to conclude its not on my end as its probably Arma/TADST.

Anyone else? I had this working again last wk, but now collecting dust.

UGH!!!

Ok, it was my router setttings, dam router, had to reset router and bam it works. Works fine!

1 27016

2 2305

3 8766

4 2303

5 2302

6 2304

I have all these ports open and in TADST port is set to 2302 and steam port 8766 but the sever console is stuck at

15:14:01 Dedicated host created.

15:14:06 Host identity created.

and i cannot find my sever in Arma client. any ideas?

I am not sure if that is a bug in arma3 or TADST, when a mission is over and the server switches to the next in the list, it is always set to regular difficulty, although the tadst profile is set to expert as default difficulty.

MANY THANKS ! it work greats !

Guys one tip, it may happen that you don't see your own server under MP, just in LAN , but your friends will be able to see you under MP.

So no problem, to join your own server just join from LAN and wait for your friends

Edited by HaZZarD

I' am having a problem with difficulty settings, I put them like in the pic, then I launch the server but then once in I find the difficulty set on regular instead of veteran

http://i.imgur.com/Pgu8kEo.jpg

any tips ?

EDIT, Fixed

Edited by HaZZarD

Cracking tool. Used it successfully today, in order to play with another player, to run with the Iron Front in Arma 3 mod. All went very well. I have even set it up to run server signed mods.

Thanks for sharing. Much appreciated.

Would it be possible to have TADST look in an additional folder for mods? I have all mine in a separate folder from the game installation folder and so it doesn't currently see them and requires me to add them one by one, which is quite a pain.

Love TADST!

Is there a guide or direction someone can put me towards to determine what I should change the Performance Tuning Settings to on our dedicated server?

i start 3 servers by your programm. BUT: we need -

- limit of ping parametres

- rcon password parameter

- when to create several profiles of servers, we need separate folders "KEYS" and "MPMISSIONS" for eaÑh profiles.

(i have 1 server with mods and 2 publics without, but who has my mods can to enter to publuc, becouse all bikeys files

are in one folder for each profile)

Tophe,

Some stuff I would love to see for sure is this

1. IF server crash's it auto restarts.

2. Hard Set Server reboot times. Also force announcement in a set time to the Global channel telling people the server is about to restart?

If anyone has figured this part out please feel free to point me in the right direction. :yay:

HOW TO

=============

1. Set up your firewall.
    To run a dedicated server you must make sure you have set port forwarding correctly in your firewall/router.
    Normally you need the ports 2302, 2303 and Steam Ports (8766, 27016) to be open.
  2. Set Server Name and Server File
    TADST is set to start the server with default settings so the only two things you need to set to get a server up and running is Server Name and Server File.
    If you double click the text fields, TADST will try and set appropriate values.

How do I setup my firewall? How do I forward the correct ports to my router and/or firewall? Thanks.

Server isn't showing up. Idk what to do. What is port forwarding and how do i do that?

muzO68D.jpg

Server isn't showing up. Idk what to do. What is port forwarding and how do i do that?

There is an entire guide to setting up a dedicated server that explains all this right next to this topic in the forum. I also suggest you direct your most basic computer knowledge questions to google.

Yup I've already read a few of the guides. Turns out I needed to forward my ports. Which I knew. I just didn't know how to do it... as it wasn't explained in any of the guides. That's why I was here asking the author what to do next. If the knowledge was so basic why wasn't it included in the guides? :rolleyes:

Iceman have you checked here for a port forwarding guide? Opening ports is not something any ArmA server tutorial should cover; it whould be like a car's brochure covering driving lessons.

For "setting up the firewall", you can just turn it off when you're running the server, or give permissions to "arma3server.exe". Sorry I'm not going to explain how to do that, because every anti-virus has it differently. You can probably check their website or the web for a general tutorial. Doing that is not guaranteed to work though, anti-viruses or windows it self can still prevent other things needed for the server to run. Don't worry about the lower security when turning off the firewall, it isn't going to give you any damage.

Hello Tankbuster,

check that the file is not write protected.

Browse to the file. rightklick the file and check that this is not read only.