tophe

Tophe's Arma Dedicated Server Tool (TADST)

in the latest a3 update it now gives you the option to search for dedicated servers via steam or gamespy.. id say the reason why your server is not showing up is by default it is set to search for servers for steam.

at the ingame brower screen look at the top right corner, where it says 'steam' click it till it says 'gamespy'.

That was it! Thank you so much! It was confusing because it also says "powered by gamespy" at the top right but yes it was only showing Steam servers.

how do you get your server to show in internet insted of lan

just set in reporting ip dropdown menu , arma3pc.master.gamespy.com

Would be cool to have the right values like in the .cfg -> no kbit or mbit, just

Maxbandwidth: 104857600

Minbandwidth: 10485760

its horrible to test settings and sync with other server admins if i always calc the settings back to TADST.

Also an additional @modfolder checkin would be cool. We use

Arma3\@modpack\@mod1

Arma3\@modpack\@mod2

Arma3\@clanpack\@mod21

Arma3\@clanpack\@mod22

Arma3\@mod31

Or the mods i want to use from another location (e.g. ramdisk)

But beside that i love your tool!

Tophe, when you update the server tool, how possible would it be to make the tool recognize only the missions that are checked and not all?

I have one master server install, two server through your tool. They read all the missions in the MPMissions folder. I want one to read certain missions I checked off and the other to read other missions that I checked off.

Hi,since last update of TADST,AI settings are changed and added new parameters.

aiLevelPreset=X;

skillAI=X;

precisionAI=X;

You can find the change in this post.

It would be nice to see these new params in your tool.

So here's the deal. I know the server itself is up and running: I can see it on the server list, and can login with the password I created. However...when I go to select a mission through the "Missions" tab in TADST, none of my missions show up. I have two different missions in there, none of which work. The hell am I doing wrong?

make sure you have the missions located in the arma 3/mpmissions folder.. also make sure they are in .pbo format

It looks like my server is suddenly not showing up in the server list, but I can connect to it via direct IP. Should I change the steam port? The reporting IP hasn't changed according to TADST, I'm running the latest server. I had to delete the config file after I started having problems but now it works, just not showing up in the server browser. Any ideas?

EDIT: Solved it, it had to do with filtering the name of the server. oops

Edited by GDent

Is it possible to have like a little Server manager with this?

For Example, I have a Server configured with TADST, but I want automatic restarts via BEC.

Right now I have to use a batch, which starts a little script, which stops the server (but only if the Server was started with that script).

Then the batch again copies the newer version of the addon, if one is avalible.

Then the batch calls the script again. Now the Configs out of the TADST Folder are copied (if there are new), then the Server gets started and the pid is saved to a file.

But yet I don't even know if it really works... (no time to test yet)

Is there a way to just write a batch, which calls TADST to kill the running Server and restart it (with new configs/addons)?

If this Isn't possible yet I would like to see something like this in the future.

My Idea to that would be, that at each start there will be temporary copies of the addon/maybe miossionfile/configs/... for the specific instance, so the Admin can update those things while the server is running.

At the next restart the temporary files will be deleted and new ones will be copied, so if the files got updated by the Admin, those updates will be automaticly included in each restart.

Furthermore for this there needs to be a TADST Instance, which has a list of the Servers and which handles requests like start, stop and restarts.

Gamespy is dead... how to get TADST to report to steam?

Hey guys. This is really bugging me as, yes I can see my server using Gamespy (because TADST sets the reporting IP), but I want TADST to set it to Steam.

How can I do this please?

Gamespy is dead... how to get TADST to report to steam?

Hey guys. This is really bugging me as, yes I can see my server using Gamespy (because TADST sets the reporting IP), but I want TADST to set it to Steam.

How can I do this please?

Make sure you have the latest version, there's a box for filling in the steam port. And make sure that port is open in your firewall.

I have the latest version, and can see the steam port, but TADST reverts to the Gamespy reporting IP. Is there a NULL dropbox for the reporting IP? The only other one I see is 127.0.0.1 for LAN ... which is useless.

Yes, i have the same problem. So is there any updated planned? Thank you!

Hi, Can someone shed some light on why the server tool wont load missions on other maps? I'm running 3 templates, Altis, Chenaurus and Takistan, but I get this error running the Takistan map :

No entry 'bin:\config.bin/CfgWorlds.Takistan'

Am I missing something?

Please adivse on how to run an A2/OA dedicated Server with your tool after the gamespy shutdown.

The steam stuff in TADST has a note to it "Arma 3 only". Also there are only gamespy options for report IPs (and the LAN adress).

Is TADST still usable for A2?

Dont know but looks like Tophe isnt active anymore :(

Dont know but looks like Tophe isnt active anymore :(

It's looking that way. He's not logged in for nearly a month.

He posted here that he won't be doing anything until June, so I guess he'll be back soon :)

He posted here that he won't be doing anything until June, so I guess he'll be back soon :)

Oh good. Didn't see that.

How would i set this up to just test missions local ?

(create dedi on the same pc that i use to join (client) but it has to be lan.

I've done some searching but haven't found much discussed on this. If I've just missed it please point me in the right direction.

Basically, I'm trying to run multiple simultaneous Arma 3 servers on the same dedi box using TADST and have an issue when launching the 2nd, or more, instances.

My setup is as follows:

Each server instance is in its own separate folder

each has their own mods, missions, configs, ports, and profiles

each server instance runs successfully as intended on their own (if it's the only server running)

After starting one of the servers I then start the other. The first one starts and players can load into the mission and play fine. The subsequent instances start and have their host identity created and successfully initialize. However, when joining the subsequent servers as a player it never loads or reads the mission file and allows the player to load and play.

Has anybody gotten this to work successfully with multiple simultaneous servers on the same dedi box and know what hangups I may be overlooking?

Any thoughts or help are highly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

are the steam port and steam query port different for each running server?

u really dont need to have everything seperated, u just make a new profile for each server.

Edited by Thor2k4
adding more info.

are the steam port and steam query port different for each running server?

u really dont need to have everything seperated, u just make a new profile for each server.

good call, i left the steam ports default.

the separation is more for organizational purposes. thanks for the tip!

EDIT: the steam ports were the problem. thanks again!

Edited by lebobo