Tankbuster

Editing, Expanding and Modifying Domination

I appreciate the tip, McSpeed but uh... I'm afraid I need a little more help considering I've got no clue what I'm doing or even which editing tool I'm supposed to use.

Which tool am I supposed to use to place the vehicles?

- Sharpshooter.

urgh ok.

1. locate your dom.pbo and unpack it - use eliteness for that (google for it :p )

2. move the folder that you get from unpacking to your editor directory (i.e. C:\Users\yourprofile\Documents\ArmA 2\yourprofile/missions/missionsname) The mission folder would be called something like co30_Domination_2_61_West_OA_v4.Takistan

3. provided your version is an older one you should now be able to open it in the editor (the thing that comes with arma) - Single player > Editor

4. a tonne of questions will come to you that have all been answered in these here forums :) but i recommend you get MrMurrays Armed Assault Editing Guide and read through that.

5. when you are done export mission to multiplayer and off you go

Xeno,

How is the Two Teams code? Has it received as much love as the rest of the mission?

I still like the TT ethos, but if it hasn't kept up with the rest of the mission, I'll go with the One Team stuff.

Ok so i found the cause for the spectator issue.

It's caused by the SLX Mod (Version: @COSLX 2.4 Arma2CO) though i have yet to find exactly which of the files is the culprit.

How is the Two Teams code? Has it received as much love as the rest of the mission?

Well, 2.29 is almost 2 years old. The current "stable" 2.60 release and the upcoming 2.61 has thousands of changes compared to 2.29 including TT stuff. And at least the ACE TT version is played quite often.

Anyways, for getting faster feedback I've added a complete 2.61 download package at the Domina download section on dev-heaven. Be aware that this version is far from finished and still may have some bugs though during a short test everything looked fine.

What's still missing are translations, so far only the spanish translation is in (russian translation is in progress) and some major gameplay changes are not in yet.

Xeno

I am testing your 2.61 at the moment and love it :)

only issue i have so far is mod related so thats no cause for alarm.

one thought that popped up last night when testing with mousetrap was a missing "Remove member from team" button (mainly for AI but maybe as well for players) in the squad management console.

urgh ok.

1. locate your dom.pbo and unpack it - use eliteness for that (google for it :p )

2. move the folder that you get from unpacking to your editor directory (i.e. C:\Users\yourprofile\Documents\ArmA 2\yourprofile/missions/missionsname) The mission folder would be called something like co30_Domination_2_61_West_OA_v4.Takistan

3. provided your version is an older one you should now be able to open it in the editor (the thing that comes with arma) - Single player > Editor

4. a tonne of questions will come to you that have all been answered in these here forums :) but i recommend you get MrMurrays Armed Assault Editing Guide and read through that.

5. when you are done export mission to multiplayer and off you go

Everything's gone really well so far. Now I'm encountering a tiny hitch that's probably due to my own ignorance, but after adding the respawn script to a text file and naming it vehicle.sqf, when I go into the game it tells me that the script can't be found. I'm pretty sure this is due to it still being in .txt format even with the .sqf extension.

How do I fix this up?

Thanks for all the assistance.

- Sharpshooter.

Well, 2.29 is almost 2 years old. The current "stable" 2.60 release and the upcoming 2.61 has thousands of changes compared to 2.29 including TT stuff. And at least the ACE TT version is played quite often.

Anyways, for getting faster feedback I've added a complete 2.61 download package at the Domina download section on dev-heaven. Be aware that this version is far from finished and still may have some bugs though during a short test everything looked fine.

What's still missing are translations, so far only the spanish translation is in (russian translation is in progress) and some major gameplay changes are not in yet.

Xeno

Thanks for that. 2.29 was my original mission. It's taken this long to get it just how I want it, complete with IEDs and 'side mission wins abilities, not vehicles' stuff.

I'm glad that you've worked on TT, it's my favourite one because the purists can play it TvT if they want or just like 1 team if they don't. Very flexible. But I'm not sure if I can dedicate the extra time that editing TT will take over 1 team. I'm largely on my own doing this now. Perhaps I'll take the easy route and go with 1 team. :)

Really like the sorted parameters, BTW. Big improvement right there. I'm had a play with 261WIP and found nothing broken yet.

It's a joy to be back on Chernarus now that I've got a PC that can do it justice! :)

@Sharpshooter. The easiest way is to just copy one of your current .sqf scripts. Then change the name of the .sqf from whatever the copy name was to vehicle.sqf and replace the script inside with that of the actual vehicle.sqf. Depending on the program you are using there are other ways as well but this is just a simple copy paste method that is fast. Just mho is all.

-Nuke

---------- Post added at 11:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:37 PM ----------

This is prolly not the technically correct thread for this but because I do this due to Xeno's outstanding mission I thought I would share it here.

This is my attempt at an A10 Desert Camo skin with respect to the Takistan Enviornment. It is not perfect but I think it is getting close. I can tell you though that the mouth/teeth were a pita due to it crossing multiple panels at different angles on the templete. Any suggestions or comments are more than welcome.

MyA10.JPG

Turns out all's I had to do was get the file extension shown and then remove the .txt to get things working. I then went in-game and smoked an A-10 with a MAAWS, it respawned successfully.

Big thanks to everyone who helped me out on this.

- Sharpshooter.

What's happening is your new files are txt files, but your OS isn't showing you the extension, so your file was actually called vehicle.sqf.txt. That's why it wasn't found.

one thought that popped up last night when testing with mousetrap was a missing "Remove member from team" button (mainly for AI but maybe as well for players) in the squad management console.

Allready implemented. Just select another unit in your group and you are able to remove it (only a Squad Leader can do that).

Xeno

Can anyone tell me if the feature in Ace Domi that chucks all your launchers/backpacks out of the vehicle if you get in the pilot/driver seat is part of Domi or part of Ace. And more importantly, how do I get rid of it?

Xeno should I post bugs here or on Dev Heaven? The bugs I've found only happen in fairly specific circumstances, and they are fairly minor issues that only occur if you are playing on unusual settings, but they are bugs none the less.

Can anyone tell me if the feature in Ace Domi that chucks all your launchers/backpacks out of the vehicle if you get in the pilot/driver seat is part of Domi or part of Ace.

That's part of ACE. I can add a parameter so it'll be disabled.

Xeno should I post bugs here or on Dev Heaven?

Please use Dev-Heaven, easier to keep track of a specific problem than a forum.

Xeno

Been playing your new ver of Domination Xeno and its great so far, I have some suggestions and questions though.

1) The parameter "Disable MHQ X from MT" maybe refuel it again when town clears ? - mousetrap gave me the idea and suggestion. I would like to have it rearm, refuel and repair everything after it clears but not everyone would agree so can you tell me where I could do it myself ?

2) I found editing Domination very hard when 2.61 came because of the new strings replacing most texts but I found them all in stringtable.xml but its a pain most time when wanting to change parameters in description.ext I have to check so maybe add somewhere the actual texts ? - Would it work if I added // $STR_DOM_MISSIONSTRING_966 = West Route etc at the end of the }; and is this a bad way ?

3) Where can I find the file that holds the max number of repairs per life ?

4) In main base you can not deploy MHQs and I want to make it the same in the FOB I made. If I make a marker around the FOB where would I add it in the scripts ? - I found this:

(list GVAR(base_trigger))

Would I add the FOB marker like this ?

(list GVAR(base_trigger,FOB_Rasman))
Edited by Dirty Haz

Can any confirm flw in 1.61

If i have (as an example) a m107 and put it to backpack then take an m16 and save loadout.

Now if i die with the m107 drawn, then i will respawn with 2 m107 - 1 in my hand and 1 in my backpack.

Dorph;2126638']Can any confirm flw in 1.61

If i have (as an example) a m107 and put it to backpack then take an m16 and save loadout.

Now if i die with the m107 drawn' date=' then i will respawn with 2 m107 - 1 in my hand and 1 in my backpack.[/quote']

I haven't seen it ..yet

what setting are you seeing this with ? (ACE, AI , TT ,Ect....)

1 in my hand and 1 in my backpack.

Just to be clear... are you saying if you now change to the m16 in hand you will have 2 m107 in you gear list?

or you just see if you look at gear list it shows 1 on the list ?

Edited by mousetrap

When I get into the Apache I've place on the airfield at the start of the game, it tells me I must wait thirty minutes before I'm qualified to use it.

Anyone know how I can remove the time restriction or at least shorten it?

- Sharpshooter.

Dorph;2126638']

Now if i die with the m107 drawn' date=' then i will respawn with 2 m107 - 1 in my hand and 1 in my backpack.[/quote']

That would be magic as I have not touched anything related to respawn, backpack and saving layouts :P

Xeno

When I get into the Apache I've place on the airfield at the start of the game, it tells me I must wait thirty minutes before I'm qualified to use it.

Anyone know how I can remove the time restriction or at least shorten it?

- Sharpshooter.

You can change that in the parameters before starting the mission.

Yep. You can do loads with the parameters and never open a file editor. The mission can go from a simple missile spam fest to a hardcore team orientated mission just by fiddling with the parameters

Can anyone give me a hand here. I'm trying to add the ability to create TOW launchers for points the same way Machine Gunners can deploy MG nests. I did this before with mortars by copying the MG nest script but for some reason I can't get it working now.

I'm pretty sure this bit is the problem in x_playersetup.sqf, but it's confusing me.

if ((_ar select 0) isKindOf "Mash") then {
	[_ar select 1, getPosASL (_ar select 0),"ICON","ColorBlue",[0.5,0.5],format ["Mash %1", _ar select 2],0,"mil_dot"] call FUNC(CreateMarkerLocal);
} else {
	if ((_ar select 0) isKindOf "Base_WarfareBVehicleServicePoint") then {
		[_ar select 1, getPosASL (_ar select 0),"ICON","ColorBlue",[0.5,0.5],format ["FARP %1", _ar select 2],0,"mil_dot"] call FUNC(CreateMarkerLocal);
	} else {
		[_ar select 1, getPosASL (_ar select 0),"ICON","ColorBlue",[0.5,0.5],format ["MG Nest %1", _ar select 2],0,"mil_dot"] call FUNC(CreateMarkerLocal);
	};
};

Considering I've just copied all of the MG nest parts and changed any references to MG nest to TOW as below, how would I fix the above code.

GVAR(player_can_build_tow) = false;
if (GVAR(with_tow)) then {
if (GVAR(string_player) in GVAR(can_use_tows)) then {
	GVAR(player_can_build_tow) = true;
	__pSetVar [QGVAR(tow_pos), []];
	__pSetVar [QGVAR(towaction), _p addAction ["Build TOW" call FUNC(GreyText),"x_client\x_tow.sqf",[],-1,false,true,"","count (player getVariable 'd_tow_pos') == 0"]];
};
};

Edit - I uploaded example of what I'm trying to do. Can someone please tell me why this doesn't work? I just can't figure it out.

co@30_Domination_2_60zc_West_ACE_OA_TOWlauncher.Takistan.pbo

Edited by Ringosis

Dear Xeno let me say first thank you for you work and your continue support to this great mission. I know in life you can't make everyone happy and some people will complain about anything and will never be satisfield that's life. Your work allowed other mission desingers/scripters to have the vision to develop new unique missions for our community to enjoy. Your mission is like a building block that others needed to help them build non linear missions. With that said, The past few weeks I have been fooling around with missions like Multi-Session Operations, War in Takistan: Operation Iron rains ,Patrol Operations 2,ZKs BattleZone and finally BattleZone, MSO, PatrolOps2 & ATCRabbit by Kremator. I know you can't put everything in one mission due hardware limitations at this time. Mission Desingers have limits what they can put into a mission to keep the FPS rate at a adequate point to allow the players to have a enjoyable gaming experience. I do understand this. You can't put 10lbs of shit in a 5lb bag! it does not work lol. So you pick and choose what goes in your bag.

If I could be so bold to say your great mission is lacking in a few areas that some of the other mission above have reached a new standard of gameplay. I would like to give some constructive criticism to you in the hope you will see eye to eye and make a few modifications in future updates to your mission.

1. I always felt in your missions the enemy attacks at the base is very weak. Yes the main focus is to capture towns but when playing your mission no one really cares because the enemy has no real chance to take out significant amount of objects in the base. No human player will ever stay at the base to defend it because there is no point. This is a whole element of gameplay that is missing from your mission. Have you played ZKs BattleZone. Yes the base defending and base destroying is the main focus of the mission. It would be nice if the enemy would attack the base with more force and greater numbers so players would have to fall back to assist the base or a few players would need to stay back to protect the buildings,vehicles,ammo and weapons hope you undertand what I am ssaying. This is something I think you could add with no major design issues.

2. When playing some of the other missions the pure Randomness of running into opposing forces of different units strengths in unusual locations just gives the missions a more dynamic feel and keeps the player on his toes as well as IED's. I know adding things like this could effect the overall FPS and lag in the mission but with a good balance this could be done ie other mission above. You will never run into a group of infantry or armor units off road in your mission. So players don't have to keep a eye open when moving towards a town off road. enemy air units will never shoot at infantry units just moving around the map if they are spotted. Even if you just added a few groups of random units of different strengths/types to the mission that would bring a new element as well.

3. Town enemy units are mostly stationary until you or someone is spotted. There are no real patrolling units going around the perimeter or in the main area. This is why some people feel it's like shooting fish in a barrel feel at times with the mission. If you could add some real patrolling units and a percentage of enemy units to change locations ie walking or transport in the main area this would give a better live feel when attacking a town/location.

Please don't take this the wrong way I love your mission but just a little constructive criticism. I hope you see my point and can add a few things in the future. I would like to know what you feel as others who play your mission. Avibird