Tankbuster

Editing, Expanding and Modifying Domination

Anyone know why the Call Drop/Artillery options don't work in the ACE version of 2.60zc. Is that intentional?

Anyone know why the Call Drop/Artillery options don't work in the ACE version of 2.60zc.

They work as expected. The difference to the vanilla versions is that the artillery operator and the squad leaders need a rucksack as otherwise they don't get the action menu entry.

Xeno

How do I find out the titles and texts for the parameters in description.ext in Domi 2.61 ?

How do I find out the titles and texts for the parameters in description.ext in Domi 2.61 ?

What this title = "$STR_DOM_MISSIONSTRING_1024"; ? if so it's in stringtable.xml . I open with Notepad

Thx mousetrap.

They work as expected. The difference to the vanilla versions is that the artillery operator and the squad leaders need a rucksack as otherwise they don't get the action menu entry.

Xeno

Ah OK I see thanks.

Sorry for the stream of questions but I've been away a while and I'm totally lost. Read through this whole thread and I can't find answers. Anyway, is anyone else having issues with the new revive system? I'm constantly getting a bug where I get stuck in a spawn screen loop. I die, I click the base flag to respawn, then I appear there standing up but I'm still on the respawn interface. If I click show map I can't select a spawn point and if I press escape and click respawn I just fade out and back in to the same situation.

Ah OK I see thanks.

Sorry for the stream of questions but I've been away a while and I'm totally lost. Read through this whole thread and I can't find answers. Anyway, is anyone else having issues with the new revive system? I'm constantly getting a bug where I get stuck in a spawn screen loop. I die, I click the base flag to respawn, then I appear there standing up but I'm still on the respawn interface. If I click show map I can't select a spawn point and if I press escape and click respawn I just fade out and back in to the same situation.

revive unconscious player stuck to ground

https://dev-heaven.net/issues/29352#change-129341

work around till 2.61 is released when stuck go to show status do the Fix Headbug and you pop back up

TeamStatusDialog will be dropped in the next version in favour for this.

Xeno

TeamStatusDialog .... Very nice.

By the way .....on v 2.61

the bigger size of the map for the Teleport screen is a little lagged or jumpy. maybe 1/2 that size would be great.

Thank you for your work

PS agree with Carl Gustaffa post #1360

And a quick request: White and Yellow colors on an otherwise very bright map doesn't blend well.
I may be getting too old for this, lol

I changed MHQ marker to blue so I could find them...lol

Edited by mousetrap

Ohh, nice! Me like. Back in #1321 I asked about a problem related to the GVAR(paramname) not being able to set in the server mission cycle (parser doesn't seem to like the "(" character), and I'm not getting results from using only paramname = value. Will this be eventually changed (don't have time anymore to constantly "edit" the mission to suit our needs for every version), or am I doing something horribly wrong (not unlikely, I may be getting too old for this, lol)? I asked for a working example, but nobody replied on it yet (8 mar).

And a quick request: White and Yellow colors on an otherwise very bright map doesn't blend well.

Is there a way to get UPSMON-Urban Patrol Script working in Domination ?

Yes but not with the units already in the mission. For that you would need to rewrite a lot of his code and maybe then if you are very lucky. You can add more units in the editor and use Urban patrol script for the new units you added it will work.

Adding units via editor is very simple and putting the script into the mission is not hard however sometimes other scripts can F up other things already working fine. Just go for it. It's the only way to learn to edit missions/scripts. Good luck Avibird

the bigger size of the map for the Teleport screen is a little lagged or jumpy. maybe 1/2 that size would be great.

Yeah, that's a game problem. FPS drop massively as soon as a map is open, the bigger the map the more the FPS go down (does happen with the normal ingame map too).

Back in #1321 I asked about a problem related to the GVAR(paramname) not being able to set in the server mission cycle (parser doesn't seem to like the "(" character), and I'm not getting results from using only paramname = value.

GVAR just expands the parameter to d_parameter, it adds d_ in front of it. So GVAR(parameter) is the same as d_parameter. You have to use d_xxxxx.

I create global variables from all description params on the fly instead of using paramsArray select x. So basically if you add class myparam to class Params in description.ext you have a global variable myparam too with the value from the param. The d_ in front of all global variables is just to avoid clashing with other global variables which either BIS addons or custom addons may use.

Is there a way to get UPSMON-Urban Patrol Script working in Domination ?

If you like to have 15-20 FPS less in some situations then why not :) (UPSMON is eating up quite a lot performance, sadly).

Check where the groups are created but you have to stop the groups from patrolling (they are just using normal waypoints randomly generated, no scripts are running).

Edit: Please test the new Squad Management system in this version. Need Feedback :p

Xeno

Edited by Xeno

Hey guys,

First of all i want to thank XENO for this incredible mission. The amount of work you put into this thing is staggering - and it shows :)

I've run into a problem with the DOM260zc_160E version.

i am running the standard non-ace no bells or whistles version and simply added a few pilots with the only pilots can fly option to avoid this one being treated as a flight school.

I inserted the units, made them playable and named them Pilot1-Pilot4.

My Problems are these:

- As i wanted a pilot to be able to fix up a chopper in case of a bumpy landing i added "Pilot1","Pilot2","Pilot3","Pilot4" to the "IsEngineer" line , but all that adds is the option to build a trench.

- All Pilots (and sometimes other units as well) seem to get stuck in the Spectator mode after successfully respawning or being revived. I can see the character standing at flag or wherever the revive occurred but there is no way to exit the spectator mode.

I've been reading through this entire post and searched for a few days now but i just cant seem to find a hint on how to even approach a solution.

Any thoughts on what could cause this or how this could be fixed?

edit:

Please test the new Squad Management system in this version. Need Feedback :p

Xeno

this one wont load or open in the editor properly for me.

I see the lobby but no roles and in the editor it just gives me a blank map.

gah nvm, patience is a virtue i guess...

had to wait a while for the roles... no joy with editor though

Edited by McSpeed

As i wanted a pilot to be able to fix up a chopper in case of a bumpy landing i added "Pilot1","Pilot2","Pilot3","Pilot4" to the "IsEngineer" line , but all that adds is the option to build a trench.

In description.ext turn this on will give repair ability

class GVAR(with_ai_features) {

title = "With AI features but no AI recruit:";

values[] = {0,1};

default = 1;

texts[] = {"Yes","No"};

this one wont load or open in the editor properly for me.

I see the lobby but no roles and in the editor it just gives me a blank map.

Did you DeRapiy the Mission.sqm?

Edited by mousetrap

ah no, been reading about this rapify thing but wondered where it applies :) guess here it does.

so i'll give that a shot, hehe :) thx

----

Tried to unRap the mission.sqm, both with and without separate files for root classes.

But no joy, still get a blank map in editor.

I do like the squad management interface though... very neat

Edited by McSpeed

In description.ext turn this on will give repair ability

No it wont. The repair ability is a BIS thing, not part of Domination, you need to make your pilots engineer units such as this "US_Soldier_Engineer_EP1". The other option would be to use the old A2 repair. Change "Engineer Full Repair" to "Yes" in the parameters and that will give anyone in the isEngineer array the ability to repair and refuel once, but that would give your actual engineers two repair options on their menu.

---------- Post added at 06:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:35 PM ----------

Having a bit of an issue with some side missions in the Ace mission. Specifically any mission that requires you to destroy a vehicle or kill someone, such as the destroy the prototype chopper. If you use the Ace explosives with the interaction menu then the kill doesn't get counted as a kill by the player. It seems to treat the satchel/C4 as a unit in it's own right which causes the mission to fail with a "The target died in a tragic accident" message. Incidentally the same thing happens if you complete a kill objective with the "Call Artillery" option.

No it wont. The repair ability is a BIS thing, not part of Domination, you need to make your pilots engineer units such as this "US_Soldier_Engineer_EP1". The other option would be to use the old A2 repair. Change "Engineer Full Repair" to "Yes" in the parameters and that will give anyone in the isEngineer array the ability to repair and refuel once, but that would give your actual engineers two repair options on their menu.

IF non ACE ver I am correct ........... now if ACE ver I dont know never use it .

You will also have ability to build Farp in your Action Menu...

Edited by mousetrap

As i said, i am not running ACE :)

And i can confirm that this will indeed add the rep ability, though now every unit has it, thus rendering engineers redundant... not a bad thing necessarily, thank you Mousetrap.

Also, i managed to get the mission displayed in the editor by following this example

;1967995']If you open up the mission.sqf in Eliteness after dePbo-ing it shows up fine. I just copied that text and replaced the binarized mission.sqf with it.....

Not wanting to appear ungrateful but all these were just minor issues i had.

The major issue i have is the respawn/revive issue were players are stuck in spectator mode and have to quit to lobby every time they get dead.

I was hoping someone would pick up on this one :)

So, usually when I play OA, I'll just host a LAN server with 2.28 West AI and play on my own. However it's becoming frustrating having to keep earning back vehicles. So I was wondering if there was any way to have these spawned from the get-go.

Thanks in advance.

- Sharpshooter.

As i said, i am not running ACE :)

The major issue i have is the respawn/revive issue were players are stuck in spectator mode and have to quit to lobby every time they get dead.

Ok ... so in the show map you are not seeing the green rotating circle at the base spawn or on Deployed MHQ?

or you cant respawn after clicking on one?

if all you want is some vehicles without special abilities (like lifting and such) you can simply place them in the editor and have them respawn with the simple vehicle respawn script.

- create a new text file in your mission folder (C:\Users\yourprofile\Documents\ArmA 2\yourprofile/missions/missionsname)

- paste the following code into it

/*  
=========================================================
 Simple Vehicle Respawn Script v1.7
 by Tophe of Östgöta Ops [OOPS]

Put this in the vehicles init line:
 veh = [this] execVM "vehicle.sqf"

Options:
 There are some optional settings. The format for these are:
 veh = [this, Delay, Deserted timer, Respawns, Effect, Static] execVM "vehicle.sqf"

Default respawn delay is 30 seconds, to set a custom
 respawn delay time, put that in the init as well. 
 Like this:
 veh = [this, 15] execVM "vehicle.sqf"

Default respawn time when vehicle is deserted, but not
 destroyed is 120 seconds. To set a custom timer for this 
 first put the respawn delay, then the deserted vehicle timer. (0 = disabled)
 Like this:  
 veh = [this, 15, 10] execVM "vehicle.sqf"

By default the number of respawns is infinite. To set a limit
 First set the other values then the number of respawns you want (0 = infinite).
 Like this:
 veh = [this, 15, 10, 5] execVM "vehicle.sqf"

Set this value to TRUE to add a special explosion effect to the wreck when respawning.
 Default value is FALSE, which will simply have the wreck disappear.
 Like this:
 veh = [this, 15, 10, 5, TRUE] execVM "vehicle.sqf"

By default the vehicle will respawn to the point where it first
 was when the mission started (static). This can be changed to 
 dynamic. Then the vehicle will respawn to the position where it was destroyed. 
 First set all the other values then set TRUE for dynamic or FALSE for static.
 Like this:
 veh = [this, 15, 10, 5, TRUE, TRUE] execVM "vehicle.sqf"

If you you want to set the INIT field of the respawned vehicle, first set all other 
 values, then set init commands. Those must be inside quotations.
 Like this:
 veh = [this, 15, 10, 5, TRUE, FALSE, "this setDammage 0.5"] execVM "vehicle.sqf"

Default values of all settings are:
 veh = [this, 30, 120, 0, FALSE, FALSE] execVM "vehicle.sqf"

Contact & Bugreport: harlechin@hotmail.com

=========================================================
*/

if (!isServer) exitWith {};

// Define variables
_unit = _this select 0;
_delay = if (count _this > 1) then {_this select 1} else {30};
_deserted = if (count _this > 2) then {_this select 2} else {120};
_respawns = if (count _this > 3) then {_this select 3} else {0};
_explode = if (count _this > 4) then {_this select 4} else {false};
_dynamic = if (count _this > 5) then {_this select 5} else {false};
_unitinit = if (count _this > 6) then {_this select 6} else {};
_haveinit = if (count _this > 6) then {true} else {false};

_hasname = false;
_unitname = vehicleVarName _unit;
if (isNil _unitname) then {_hasname = false;} else {_hasname = true;};
_noend = true;
_run = true;
_rounds = 0;

if (_delay < 0) then {_delay = 0};
if (_deserted < 0) then {_deserted = 0};
if (_respawns <= 0) then {_respawns= 0; _noend = true;};
if (_respawns > 0) then {_noend = false};

_dir = getDir _unit;
_position = getPosASL _unit;
_type = typeOf _unit;
_dead = false;
_nodelay = false;

// Start monitoring the vehicle
while {_run} do 
{	
sleep (2 + random 10);
     if ((getDammage _unit > 0.8) and ({alive _x} count crew _unit == 0)) then {_dead = true};

// Check if the vehicle is deserted.
if (_deserted > 0) then
{
	if ((getPosASL _unit distance _position > 10) and ({alive _x} count crew _unit == 0) and (getDammage _unit < 0.8)) then 
	{
		_timeout = time + _deserted;
		sleep 0.1;
	 	waitUntil {_timeout < time or !alive _unit or {alive _x} count crew _unit > 0};
		if ({alive _x} count crew _unit > 0) then {_dead = false}; 
		if ({alive _x} count crew _unit == 0) then {_dead = true; _nodelay =true}; 
		if !(alive _unit) then {_dead = true; _nodelay = false}; 
	};
};

// Respawn vehicle
     if (_dead) then 
{	
	if (_nodelay) then {sleep 0.1; _nodelay = false;} else {sleep _delay;};
	if (_dynamic) then {_position = getPosASL _unit; _dir = getDir _unit;};
	if (_explode) then {_effect = "M_TOW_AT" createVehicle getPosASL _unit; _effect setPosASL getPosASL _unit;};
	sleep 0.1;

deleteVehicle _unit;
	sleep 2;
	_unit = _type createVehicle _position;  
	_unit setPosASL _position;
	_unit setDir _dir;

if (_haveinit) then 
				{_unit setVehicleInit format ["%1;", _unitinit];
				processInitCommands;};
	if (_hasname) then 
				{_unit setVehicleInit format ["%1 = this; this setVehicleVarName ""%1""",_unitname];
				processInitCommands;};
	_dead = false;

// Check respawn amount
	if !(_noend) then {_rounds = _rounds + 1};
	if ((_rounds == _respawns) and !(_noend)) then {_run = false;};
};
};

- save the file as vehicle.sqf

- place any vehicle you like in the editor and enter this in the units Initalization field

veh = [this, 5, 1800] execVM "vehicle.sqf"

read through the vehicle.sqf to see what the numbers modify and change at will.

i find this is the easiest way to add vehics, but there may be other ways.

---------- Post added at 20:13 ---------- Previous post was at 20:11 ----------

Ok ... so in the show map you are not seeing the green rotating circle at the base spawn or on Deployed MHQ?

or you cant respawn after clicking on one?

I do see the circle and i do respawn ( i get the message "you have respawned" and see myself standing at the flag or at the spot i was being revived)

but then it switches to spectator mode and thats it...

GVAR just expands the parameter to d_parameter, it adds d_ in front of it. So GVAR(parameter) is the same as d_parameter. You have to use d_xxxxx.

Boy do I feel stupid! :p Yeah I remember trying GVAR(varname=), varname= and none of them worked on the US server. I'm pretty sure I once tried d_varname= on our norwegian server, but that also had the additional problem that the shortcut I used to edit the configfile, pointed to some kind of backup file that wasn't in use, so those changes were never tried out.

It's working beautifully now, but it took some hours to make it work. "User error, please replace user" :D

Server eventually crashed after an hour or so with me as only player, on tbb3malloc_bi.dll (Exception code: C0000005 ACCESS_VIOLATION at 00565D6F), but nothing in the rpt I can trace to the mission.

Is the forced grass option removed, or did it just slip me by?