Tankbuster

Editing, Expanding and Modifying Domination

I always had major issues with players turning into error: no unit until I ungrouped them on my own version many months back but that was on ACE wounds. I don't know if Xeno's changes are related to that at all.

For your crashing issue, are you using the latest beta? I believe it uses a new memory allocation system and some people have reported crashes with it.

I'm not using the Beta, but not sure if others on the server are. I just now while playing 2.28 that I crashed 3-4 times within an hour. about 5-6 others on the server had the same problem. I thought it may be a grouping issue since they are grouped via "thisgroup" code, and also via the connected lines.

My other thought is that I placed a new picture in for a flag texture, but I doubt that causes issues.

Other than that, I would think that 2.28 is unstable. *shrugs*

So I went in to the editor and hit f2 for groups, then connected the lines to alpha/bravo/ect so they would be more organized in the multiplayer setup screen. Could this cause a crash to desktop?

No, that shouldn't cause a CTD. In all of the versions other than AI, the editor units should be grouped to a team or squad leader.

I've got a couple of fixes to publish here.

Firstly, a fixed x_getsidemissionclient.sqf. in the TT version, the original file had a bug that prevented any side missions being generated. In fact, they were generated on the server, but not on the clients. The file linked below fixes this. (Thanks to Sekra for this)

http://www.teamspaff.co.uk/domi_fixes/x_getsidemissionclient.sqf

---------- Post added at 09:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:52 PM ----------

And

Broken sidemission #30, this probably is required for all OA versions, not just TT

http://www.teamspaff.co.uk/domi_fixes/x_m30.sqf

And

sideevac needed fixing. Don't know what is fixed here, I didn't do it, Sekra did.

http://www.teamspaff.co.uk/domi_fixes/x_sideevac.sqf

I'm going to assume everyone knows where these files go. :)

Edited by Tankbuster

Anyone getting the firebug with Domination? We use ACE/Revive/Mando and when a player JIP they get the firebug. We had this problem a lone time ago with Arma2 domination but it ened up just going away. On version 2.29.

Anyone getting the firebug with Domination? We use ACE/Revive/Mando and when a player JIP they get the firebug. We had this problem a lone time ago with Arma2 domination but it ened up just going away. On version 2.29.

The internal Dom workaround to prevent the firebug is disabled when you play the ACE version. Though I've added the same workaround to ACE (but haven't changed it in ACE after OA release or better adjusted the ACE version yet).

I guess I have to update it in ACE too.

It's still an A2/OA bug that made it into OA and it can still occur if people with WarFX for example connect (or whatever addon/mod that overwrites the BIS functions).

Xeno

Edited by Xeno

And another feature you chaps might want to have; the ability for logged in admins to manually end a side mission. We all know how a side mission can go rogue sometimes so this little package will help.

It adds a button to the admin dialog which calls a small script that should instantly fail the side mission you're currently on. Copy the files over the ones already in the mission folder.

http://www.teamspaff.co.uk/domi_fixes/adminendsidemission.7z

the ability for logged in admins to manually end a side mission.

This won't end the loops running that some sidemissions use. So probably not a good idea to end them this way. Instead fix the side missions that may cause troubles.

Xeno

Ah, thanks, Xeno. I'll look into that. Which side missions might have troubles?

Actually, yes. The method is not dissimilar to what we did for side missions.

The thing with mains is that they are much more reliable. Only once have I seen a main mission "stall" or be completable. 99.9% of the time, a main mission won't end because there is a crouched grenadier in a building somewhere. Players swear blind the main mission is bugged but in fact, they just haven't looked hard enough. :)

Would doing a sort of this list script for the main objective zone to kill all enemies present, then through further script find and destroy the radio tower and any factories, then setting all camps to captured? I've got no idea where to even start with this, just kinda throwing out what could be done. Might not even work though depending on what else goes on.

Yes, that's part of it. There's a few variables to set, then run a cleanup script that already exists within the mission folder.

The thing is that the mission ends, but the units don't get deleted before the next sidemission is spawned.

The thing is that the mission ends, but the units don't get deleted before the next sidemission is spawned.

Which is probably 5 minutes if you're alone testing, but could be as long as half an hour in a populated server.

Actually, yes. The method is not dissimilar to what we did for side missions.

The thing with mains is that they are much more reliable. Only once have I seen a main mission "stall" or be completable. 99.9% of the time, a main mission won't end because there is a crouched grenadier in a building somewhere. Players swear blind the main mission is bugged but in fact, they just haven't looked hard enough. :)

That sounds good. The reason I ask is because when we all get together and do our tactical nights, sometimes the first mission that pops up isn't one we like to do, so it would be nice to sometimes move it forward to the next one. Also wondering how much work it would be to change the "side missions only" to "main missions only." That would be a nice option to explore as well.

Would that really be necessary though? I don't believe the game is effected if you don't do side missions, just 1 marker on the map and maybe a small no-fly zone depending on the objective. Sure it would be nice to have, and if I am thinking of the right variable it is easy to do, but it isn't a major game changer.

Setup the variable in description.ext then add another if/then statement in x_missions\x_getsidemission.sqf. If main target only, stop the script. If not main target only, it already checks if sidemission only, then stops or continues depending on the set option. Just add the param.

--

Now I've got a question. Whenever I hear the drop sound of artillery 'sounds\Funk.ogg', I run for cover, only to realize that I am still at base and the artillery was dropped at the MT 5 klicks away. Is there a way to make it so that Funk.ogg is played at the location of the artillery marker, similar to how ambient sound works?

x_client\x_artillery.sqf - Line 109

Edited by Grimes [3rd ID]

Try replacing player with _ari_target in that line. Might then need to play with the volume of the sound in the description.

;1725885']Would that really be necessary though? I don't believe the game is effected if you don't do side missions' date=' just 1 marker on the map and maybe a small no-fly zone depending on the objective. Sure it would be nice to have, and if I am thinking of the right variable it is easy to do, but it isn't a major game changer.

Setup the variable in description.ext then add another if/then statement in x_missions\x_getsidemission.sqf. If main target only, stop the script. If not main target only, it already checks if sidemission only, then stops or continues depending on the set option. Just add the param.

[/quote']

Oh it's not a game-changer at all. We have a special night we do domination in a strictly tactical sense, that's focused on tactics and movement and such, and sometimes having a side mission in the way interferes with the thinking and plan of approach. We've always kept a no-fly zone and sometimes it works. It just sucks to have the plan all ready, moving and getting shot down from a SM, then spending 15min getting everyone back and starting all over, while other teams are waiting. *shrugs*

As for your directions, I'm not quite sure how to implement that, since I usually have to have things spelled out for me when editing Domi, lol. I'll give it a try though :)

I was just throwing those directions out there incase anyone else wants to do it, I've just been a little busy today with stuff going on around me, maybe later though.

Also, about the artillery sound thing, I was actually looking at the wrong file. x_artillery.sqf is everything before the actual shots, and funk.ogg is actually the 'Request artillery on this target!' voice. The file I am now looking at is x_server\x_arifire.sqf, which contains the shot info and how ari.ogg is played. Like you suggested Hulking, it is actually played through _ari_target. Maybe it's just too loud or something. I'll mess with it.

I'm doing some modifications to the artillery system in my version:

* One is artillery, other is mortar based (mortar has less options to choose from but less flight time).

* Have to fill in 6/8 digit grid instead of mapSingleClick based (I just hate that!).

* Some visual effects for stuff that lacks them by default.

* Incoming sounds that are based on the location on where they will impact. Different sounds for artillery and mortar shells.

Evaluating chance for WP and Copperhead (builtin Laser this time), pluss automatic fill ins of target grid if you designate with a SOFLAM (will not include interfacing with Vector), but this is all still unknown.