What are the most important sounds for you while using JSRS?  

179 members have voted

1. 1. What are the most important sounds for you while using JSRS?

• The weapon sounds!
    • The vehicle sounds!
    • Environmental sounds!
    • Explosions, Soniccracks, Bullethits, the sound of danger!
    • The script features like the "distance sounds"!
    • Everything combined! The whole Mod itself is important.

I have no idea how that stuff works, but I will say that if you are using event handlers, then you are bound to have problems somewhere along the line. It isn't a clean solution at all, but it is the only solution you have sadly. Firing lots of event handlers in quick succession might cause problems.

Well, the eventhandler are not the big deal to me. If they just drop in after 100 or 200 meter, so be it, then its enough to hear every third sound instead of a whole mg burst round. But these normal sounds are making me crazy^^ There might be a way, I'll see....

EDIT:

What about using the normal sounds as distance sounds? I have the FPS script, I could make these FPS sound havin the echo and reverbs of a normal weapon sound and make the normal sounds like a distance sound, short, more bunch, no reverb or stuff like this.... yah I shall try it.

Edited by LordJarhead

@LJ when out of ideas, ask a BIS DEV. Dwarden or Suma should at least be able to redirect you to someone familiar with this. I´m sure they´ll have some spare time to help make the greatest Soundmod of all times even better.

Nice Idea, but its way to loud and audible. I guess you made that on purpose to show off :p

EDIT: April fools?

Have any of you ever tryed drive a Land Rover with offroad tires?

Well, it is not much overdone.

When I had a 90" Defender people all ways know when I was comeing down the road.

And the next Land Rover I am going to by, it will have same nasty tires as well :D

Great work LJ.

Nice Idea, but its way to loud and audible. I guess you made that on purpose to show off :p

EDIT: April fools?

depends on where you hear it, look this is a few tons heavy machine + it's driving very fast on a uneven road + there is no any other noise that dumps tire sound, like city noise or battle noise, thats actualy imo as real as u can get.

Here is a video of some guy in a Defender 110", with SAND tires on,... not mud tires as he says.

It looks like Michelin XL tires or what they are called, and they are for sand mostly.

But listen to the sound from the "outside" of the car.

I think LJ hit it very well :)

Thats a good video real life example, heres the direct link to the moment in the land rover video:

I would say on Jarheads test the sound maybe needs to come down 10 percent or so and also its distant sounds config setting should cut off more a farther away (but then its a test video so im shure hes doing that anyway) :)

Yah I thought about making it less noisy. But this was just a test as named. So it was just a theoretical thing I needed to hear in game. I just wanted to let you know that I going to work on something like this. So yeah, I will reduce the sound about maybe 25% or more. We'll see. For light APC's like BRDM or Trucks like MTVR I will let it this noisy.

And yeah, the ACE update is on its way ;) So dont worry.

Jarhead

Yah I thought about making it less noisy. But this was just a test as named. So it was just a theoretical thing I needed to hear in game. I just wanted to let you know that I going to work on something like this. So yeah, I will reduce the sound about maybe 25% or more. We'll see. For light APC's like BRDM or Trucks like MTVR I will let it this noisy.

Jarhead

Nice sound addition!

and yet you have not seen anything,uh ..... I mean heard anything yet:o;)

and yet you have not seen anything,uh ..... I mean heard anything yet:o;)

Dont drop the ball now mate :D

Jarhead

I think it sounds good and realistic, from that video. However, in my experience any sort of sound that repeats, like the 'pulsing' of that tire, quickly becomes very irritating. So it may only sound good for the first few minutes.

Edit: Can the sound be restricted to roads and paved surfaces?

I think it sounds good and realistic, from that video. However, in my experience any sort of sound that repeats, like the 'pulsing' of that tire, quickly becomes very irritating. So it may only sound good for the first few minutes.

Edit: Can the sound be restricted to roads and paved surfaces?

I can create tire sounds for different kinds of underground. Asphalt, Gravel, Grass, Sand and Mud. Those 5 for outside as well as inside. So 10 tire sounds per vehicle. But I dont go that far I guess. Tire sounds are hard to make, and as you said, such "pulsing" sounds are gettin on your nervs after a while^^

This gives me an idea LJ, are you going to make this for tracked vehicels as well? So that we get nice track sounds? That would be awesome!

I already did (: I know they are a bit to quiet, but its a nasty config work to let them sounds right.

Use the ACE interaction menu to insert your socks into your ear holes. That should fix it. ;)

That's a light hearted joking around, btw. :p

I already did (: I know they are a bit to quiet, but its a nasty config work to let them sounds right.

I can imagine that. But If I look at this video, and imagine the car to be a tank, and the tire sound to be track sounds..... serious awesomeness :rolleyes:

I can imagine that. But If I look at this video, and imagine the car to be a tank, and the tire sound to be track sounds..... serious awesomeness :rolleyes:

I will try ;)

---------- Post added at 18:42 ---------- Previous post was at 18:28 ----------

Use the ACE interaction menu to insert your socks into your ear holes. That should fix it. ;)

That's a light hearted joking around, btw. :p

...... HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHHAHAHAHHA! Nice!