What are the most important sounds for you while using JSRS?  

179 members have voted

1. 1. What are the most important sounds for you while using JSRS?

• The weapon sounds!
    • The vehicle sounds!
    • Environmental sounds!
    • Explosions, Soniccracks, Bullethits, the sound of danger!
    • The script features like the "distance sounds"!
    • Everything combined! The whole Mod itself is important.

Great work JarHead, excellent, speechless.

However, the rifles do not produce any smoke whatsoever on my part when I fire the weapons, it was fine in 1.4 though.

This is what I am using:

-nosplash -mod=@CBA;@JSRS1.5;@sakumods;@WarFX_Particles_Beta_1.4;@WarFX-Blastcore;@WarFX-Lighting;@WarFX-SunLight;@WarFX-Tracers

Any solutions?

Thank you.

Awesome work, great sounds.

One Question, will the jsrs15.bikey alone server side also cover those who try to join with the old JSRS1.4.3 mod?

Great work JarHead, excellent, speechless.

However, the rifles do not produce any smoke whatsoever on my part when I fire the weapons, it was fine in 1.4 though.

This is what I am using:

-nosplash -mod=@CBA;@JSRS1.5;@sakumods;@WarFX_Particles_Beta_1.4;@WarFX-Blastcore;@WarFX-Lighting;@WarFX-SunLight;@WarFX-Tracers

Any solutions?

Thank you.

You need this for CO:

@CBA;@CBA_A2;@CBA_OA;@JSRS 1.5

For A2 OA:

@CBA;@CBA_OA;@JSRS 1.5

For A2:

@CBA;@CBA_A2;@JSRS 1.5

Using just @CBA is wrong...

Just a little clarification on JSRS and ACE please. If I am using JSRS _AND_ ACE, should I remove ACE_SM or not?

Thanks a lot, sounds great.

Also i'm found bug with SMAW in "Rangefinder" mode. It sounds like luanch 83mm rocket.

Edited by anubarak

You need this for CO:

@CBA;@CBA_A2;@CBA_OA;@JSRS 1.5

For A2 OA:

@CBA;@CBA_OA;@JSRS 1.5

For A2:

@CBA;@CBA_A2;@JSRS 1.5

Using just @CBA is wrong...

Well now im using that above:

-nosplash -mod=@CBA;@CBA_A2;@CBA_OA;@JSRS1.5;@sakumods;@WarFX_Particles_Beta_1.4;@WarFX-Blastcore;@WarFX-Lighting;@WarFX-SunLight;@WarFX-Tracers

It's still the same

-nosplash -mod=@CBA;@CBA_A2;@CBA_OA;@JSRS1.5;@sakumods;@WarFX_Particles_Beta_1.4;@WarFX-Blastcore;@WarFX-Lighting;@WarFX-SunLight;@WarFX-Tracers

It's still the same

Try disabling WarFX_Particles & Tracers. Or all of the WarFX at once and than try.

It's still the same

------no smoke on rifle is indeed caused by WarFX-Blastcore, I have ever studied it. It was caused by the wrong define in the "class WeaponGunFire", delete it, then it goes well.

Or simply try just CBA mods with JSRS only. Some mods can mess things up pretty well. I remember how WarMod managed to conflict with SLX in same way some other sound mods such as VopSound did with JSRS.

Just a little clarification on JSRS and ACE please. If I am using JSRS _AND_ ACE, should I remove ACE_SM or not?

-------Yes, don't load them both

I remember how WarMod managed to conflict with SLX

And how did it conflict, which WarMod? Best use the WarMod thread based on the one you had used.

Hello jarhead , first I f****** love jsrs 1.5 it's so intense now , i re-discovered arma 2 ! second Yurapetrov the guy who make the blackhawk pack need some help with the sound for his baby , i watch on the ExA Mk5 you'll like to help some modder with the sound so with his right i call you . I know you're really busy with you're release but that's would be very nice if you can help him ;) thanks for your mod !

Found the culprit to the smoke grenade sound - it was a conflict somewhere in the Unsung Mod folder. Just have to find out where - but for the meantime I shall remove and enjoy the mod! Thx guys - back to lurking in the shadows.

-Chapman

------no smoke on rifle is indeed caused by WarFX-Blastcore, I have ever studied it. It was caused by the wrong define in the "class WeaponGunFire", delete it, then it goes well.

Yea but, WarFXBlastcore makes it look so much better, cant delete that. It use to work fine with version 1.4. There must be something i can tweak around with in order to have it as it was with 1.4?

I just gave 1.5 updated a test run on a custom mission where I tried out all vehicles and weapons. No issues, no crashes, and Mk17 Sniper SD is fixed :D

About delayed sound effects or missing file errors. If you have a hard drive (not SSD) you may want to defrag it so that there's 0% fragmentation. This may speed up loading times which also means that game engine loads mod sounds faster thus there are no delays or errors.

And how did it conflict, which WarMod? Best use the WarMod thread based on the one you had used.

I can't remember much, though when I tested them (SLX and COWarMod) the ai behaved oddly and would skip one another if one was prone and other running (wouldn't avoid) collide, odd injured sounds would play even when nobody is injured, body pieces would be stuck mid air, notes entries would be messed up and I would often get magazine errors, also nobody would actually randomly talk and radio comms would be muted (except for the in and out clicks). Once I ran both mods apart there were no issues but only if they were the only mod to run alone. I removed them both though as I can't play this way, I want to keep at least JSRS, WarFX and TrueUser running all the time when I play the game (CO).

We are also seeing a issue with the JSRS distance. Currently kicking players off our server.

\@JSRS1.5\addons\jsrs_distance.pbo

It was also reported a few pages ago and you said you would take a look at it today. Just also doing some reporting.

Thanks for a great mod.

-haze

Hi -

Here's my current additional launch parameters

-nosplash -world=empty -maxmem 8192 -exThreads=7 -noPause -mod=@rMod;@CBA;@CBA_A2;@CBA_OA;@JSRS 1.5

Now, when I launch into our custom server, which DOES have the newest binkey in it's keys directory by the way...

JSRS15_V2.bikey

I don't get any sound mod.

When leaving the server mission and instance, and get to the main splash screen for arma, it says I'm currently loading all of the above referenced mods (Plus CA and Expansion), but NOT JSRS.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks

-mod=@rMod;@CBA;@CBA_A2;@CBA_OA;@JSRS 1.5

You have a space in that last mod "@JSRS_1.5"

Make it @JSRS15 instead, and test.

We are also seeing a issue with the JSRS distance. Currently kicking players off our server.

It was also reported a few pages ago and you said you would take a look at it today. Just also doing some reporting.

Thanks for a great mod.

-haze

Here's a proper bisign for it as a quick fix: http://ge.tt/2FYInzU/v/0?c

Will work with LJ this evening to ensure a proper update release.

jsrs.distance.pbo.JSRS15_V2.bisign is working correctly with this patch but now this is jsrs_environment_c.pbo.JSRS15_V2.bisign which is incorrect and kickin player from servers. There is definitely something wrong with v2 signature files.

Hi -

Here's my current additional launch parameters

-nosplash -world=empty -maxmem 8192 -exThreads=7 -noPause -mod=@rMod;@CBA;@CBA_A2;@CBA_OA;@JSRS 1.5

Now, when I launch into our custom server, which DOES have the newest binkey in it's keys directory by the way...

JSRS15_V2.bikey

I don't get any sound mod.

When leaving the server mission and instance, and get to the main splash screen for arma, it says I'm currently loading all of the above referenced mods (Plus CA and Expansion), but NOT JSRS.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks

Try wrapping the -mod line in quotes, like this:

-nosplash -world=empty -maxmem 8192 -exThreads=7 -noPause "-mod=@rMod;@CBA;@CBA_A2;@CBA_OA;@JSRS 1.5"

the space between @JSRS and 1.5 is probably breaking it

Hi Jarhead,

amazing mod mate, very impressed..!

You also made a 7-8 minute movie called alone in the woods or something, and you mentioned the scary forest noises at night time would be included as an option with this mod- could you tell me where it's located please as I can't find it..?

Cheers for all your hard work,

Marc

Is there any way to do a downgrade and revert to 1.4?

I downloaded the 1.5 but liked the 1.4 better, i'm playing with ACE and using sixupdater, is there any place where i can download the older version?

For all the issues we have with the key's we will just re-sign the whole mod with the V2 keys later today. Hopefully we canfix this then. Just wait a bit more...

Also there is no downgrade or further work on JSRS 1.4! You can still use 1.4.3 but it wont be supported anymore.

LJ