killswitch

CBA: Community Base Addons for A2, OA and CO

See the included readme.txt for the actual required mod startup parameters for the release you're using.

It's working eventually although it's not using any of the start-up parameters in Steam?? TBH it shouldn't be working according to the set-up/install guides.

I must say that although the JSRS is fab the whole process of actuall getting it to work is overly complicated and there is tons of conflicting info. about actually setting CBA up.

It's working eventually although it's not using any of the start-up parameters in Steam?? TBH it shouldn't be working according to the set-up/install guides.

I must say that although the JSRS is fab the whole process of actuall getting it to work is overly complicated and there is tons of conflicting info. about actually setting CBA up.

Not sure what relevance JSRS has in here, but in any case, there are tools that make it all automated for you; Play withSIX (and the older SIX Updater).

If you feel JSRS + CBA is complex, you're going to have a great time when trying to join servers that run 20, 30 or even 50+ mods :p

The conflicting information is only because the info has changed through time, and you should actually refer to the readme that is included with the release as that tells you how to use that release.

Not sure what relevance JSRS has in here, but in any case, there are tools that make it all automated for you; Play withSIX (and the older SIX Updater).

If you feel JSRS + CBA is complex, you're going to have a great time when trying to join servers that run 20, 30 or even 50+ mods :p

The conflicting information is only because the info has changed through time, and you should actually refer to the readme that is included with the release as that tells you how to use that release.

Which would be great if the readme didn't refer me to:

There are three different setups depending on what variant of ArmA II you're using:

If you have ArmA II Original, use both both the @CBA and @CBA_A2 mod folders

If you have ArmA II: Operation Arrowhead, use both the @CBA and @CBA_OA mod folders

If you have the "merged" ArmA II: Combined Operations (ArmA II+Arrowhead expansion), use the @CBA, @CBA_A2 and @CBA_OA mod folders.

and

Installing the files.

Unpack the archives to a temporary folder. This will create a folder named, for example, CBA_v1-0-0. In it, you will see three folders named @CBA, @CBA_OA, @CBA_A2 and @CBA_TOH

First of all is to copy the @CBA folder into your game folder.

Well when I unpack it I don't see any of these folders at all just the CBA_CO folder. So either I'm a fool and blind (both possible) or the readme just isn't up-to-date?

@Vanz0r: That's definitely not the readme.txt from @CBA_CO, but from the @CBA/@CBA_OA/@CBA_A2 combo, where it indeed correctly states which to use depending on what edition.

so I should use CBA CBA_OA and CBA_A2 so when would one use CBA_CO ?

---------------------------

ArmA 2 OA

Addon 'cba_a2_xeh' requires addon 'CATracked2_AAV'

OK

I get this whenever I try and launch ARMA 2 with a mod installed. It works fine with just the CBA mods but when I add another mod it does this and the mod I installed refuses to work. (In this case, it's the B52 mod - But it happens with all the other mods too, no matter if it's in a modfolder or not)

Edited by TrueCoppa

ArmA 2 OA

Addon 'cba_a2_xeh' requires addon 'CATracked2_AAV'

OK

I get this whenever I try and launch ARMA 2 with a mod installed. It works fine with just the CBA mods but when I add another mod it does this and the mod I installed refuses to work. (In this case, it's the B52 mod - But it happens with all the other mods too, no matter if it's in a modfolder or not)

You're not running combined ops, the addon listed is a file from vanilla arma 2

You're not running combined ops, the addon listed is a file from vanilla arma 2

I have ARMA 2 and OA, I ran ARMA 2 then ran OA. Seeing as there's no "launch combined operations" option anymore, I assumed it would automatically do it. Is there something different I have to do?

You need to install OA in the same folder as A2 to have Arma 2 CO. If you have non-steam version of game.

You need to install OA in the same folder as A2 to have Arma 2 CO. If you have non-steam version of game.

I'm using Steam

I'm using Steam

Okay

You're launching with the operation arrowhead beta game in steam right? For some reason that doesn't even have the combined operations option.

Honestly though unless you want to do things the hard way It's probably a lot easier to just use sixupdater or some other mod launcher

This is the harder way

"-mod=c:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\arma 2;expansion;expansion\beta;expansion\beta\expansion;@CBA_CO"

Changing the steam etc path to where you have steam installed of course.

EDIT: I forgot, it needs to be quotes due to the spaces

Edited by Kerc Kasha

Honestly though unless you want to do things the hard way It's probably a lot easier to just use sixupdater or some other mod launcher
I recommend Play withSIX over SU, for sake of simplicity, performance and stability.

When using latest beta

Hi thanks for replying I assume this was towards me LOL.

Yep I am running latest beta so I assume I run @CBA_CO do I need to run all the other @CBA`s thanks

@Vanz0r: That's definitely not the readme.txt from @CBA_CO, but from the @CBA/@CBA_OA/@CBA_A2 combo, where it indeed correctly states which to use depending on what edition.

that's the link from the CBA_CO readme below: which then has a link to installation. Just so I know I'm not going mad: https://dev-heaven.net/projects/cca/wiki/Installation

So the new readme sends you to a page with outdatwed info.

CBA: Community Base Addons

==========================

Online wiki at http://dev-heaven.net/projects/cca/wiki

Online function library reference at http://dev-heaven.net/docs/cba/

@CBA_CO => Main mod folder

@CBA_CO/store/function_library.tar => Tar archive of the the function/macro reference.

@CBA_CO/store/keys => BIkeys for dedicated servers signature protection

@CBA_CO/store/optional => Optional (diagnostic logging/performance) additions. Not recommended for production use

Ah yes, there is THAT little detail... My apologies, conflicting documentation (offline vs online) is definitely confusing.

Will try to brush things up soon, thanks. Once OA 1.63 is official things will get a lot easier too :)

So just to clear this up then I have ARMA2 and OA so now I have combined ops

I am running the very latest BETA do I use

CBA

CBA A2

CBA OA

or should I use

CBA

CBA CO

For cba_co you NEED beta patch.

If you have @cba,@cba_a2,@cba_oa you can use beta patch but you dont have to.

With latest betabuild (and newer than betabuilds 100697) you run only @CBA_CO and if you choose earlier/older CO (A2OA) builds use the three @CBA;@CBA_A2;@CBA_OA. Simple.

ah great i use beta

102285 or some thing so I only need to run

CBA

CBA CO

oh damn really

I have been having bad issues with Desync even over lan i wonder if its cus I am using

CBA;@CBA_A2;@CBA_OA with latest BETA

Can a @CBA_CO user play with 1.62 (@CBA;@CBA_A2;@CBA_OA) users just fine?