killswitch

CBA: Community Base Addons for A2, OA and CO

When you start up your game is the CBA in your shortcut's target line?

Also CBA should be in your main Arma 2 Directory, if all the files are there then you shouldn't be missing anything,

of course you guys got OA so I'm not sure if this changed or not but I know for Arma2 thats how its done.

From the CBA readme:

CBA: Community Base Addons

==========================

Online wiki at http://dev-heaven.net/wiki/cca/

Online function library reference at http://dev-heaven.net/docs/cba/

@CBA => Copy this directory to your Arma II game directory (see manual for more details).

@CBA_OA => Copy this aswell, but only if you have a standalone Operation Arrowhead installation.

@CBA_A2 => Copy this if you have ArmA II but not Arrowhead.

@CBA/store/wiki.tar => Tar archive of the online wiki. This is a copy of the DevHeaven wiki at the time of release.

@CBA/store/function_library.tar => Tar archive of the the function/macro reference.

@CBA/store/keys/ => Server keys for addons.

@CBA/store/source/ => Source files for all addons.

Example startup parameters

==========================

For Combined Operations (ArmA II and Arrowhead installed together):

-mod=@CBA

For a standalone Operation Arrowhead:

-mod=@CBA;@CBA_OA

For ArmA II only (people without Arrowhead):

-mod=@CBA;@CBA_A2

I have such problem: I want to add EH Incoming missle with my code on every plane and heli. Tried to do so: _hndl = ["IncomingMissile",{hint (str 1)}] call CBA_fnc_addEventHandler; in the init.sqf but it does nothing. I read this, but can not understand clearly how it works. What I have done wrong and what I need to do?

I have such problem: I want to add EH Incoming missle with my code on every plane and heli. Tried to do so: _hndl = ["IncomingMissile",{hint (str 1)}] call CBA_fnc_addEventHandler; in the init.sqf but it does nothing. I read this, but can not understand clearly how it works. What I have done wrong and what I need to do?
CBA_fnc_addEventHandler can't do that. (I know, it's not very clear what it can and cannot do from that documentation page).

You can do it like this instead:

1. In your mission, create a new file called "description.ext" if you haven't already got one. (It goes in the same folder as the "init.sqf" you already have)
  2. Edit that file with a text editor and add this to it:
    class Extended_IncomingMissile_Eventhandlers
    {
       class Air
       {
           lion_incoming="hint (str 1)";
       };
    };

3. Save the file, then return to the ArmA mission editor and re-load the mission into the editor.
  4. Preview it and you should get a hint message every time an aircraft is locked up and fired at with a guided missile.

Edited by Killswitch

Thanks a lot, Killswitch! And if I want to define the same in addon, where I need to write it? Maybe for example in class of some vehicle ( class HMMWV : CAR

{

Your code

}) ?

Also - "Extended_IncomingMissile_Eventhandlers" and "Air" classes must be named exactly like that? And I think the "lion_incoming" is a EH handle, that can be used with CBA_fnc_removeEventHandler right? Must I avoid name collision this handle with global variables or it is not needed?

Edited by Li0n

Thanks a lot, Killswitch! And if I want to define the same in addon, where I need to write it? Maybe for example in class of some vehicle ( class HMMWV : CAR

{

Your code

}) ?

You can use the same exact code in the config of an addon. Unlike normal event handlers, you should not write it inside the class of a vehicle. Instead, you simply add it as it is outside of any class definitions. As an example:

class CfgPatches
{
   class TAG_Example
   {
       units[]={};
       weapons[]={};
       requiredVersion=1.00;
       requiredAddons[]={
           "Extended_EventHandlers"
       };
   };
};

class Extended_IncomingMissile_EventHandlers
{
   class Air
   {
       lion_incoming="my code here";
   }
};

// rest of addon config here

Also - "Extended_IncomingMissile_Eventhandlers" and "Air" classes must be named exactly like that?
Yes.
And I think the "lion_incoming" is a EH handle, that can be used with CBA_fnc_removeEventHandler right?
No. "lion_incoming" isn't a variable at all, it's a config entry name. The kind of "events" that the CBA function deals with is entirely different from the events that Extended Eventhandlers works with. XEH is used with normal, existing event types that the game engine already supports, such as "IncomingMissile", "Init", "Fired" and so on. The CBA (not XEH) event system can be used for your own user-defined events. You can read more about those here
Must I avoid name collision this handle with global variables or it is not needed?
It needs to be named uniquely, indeed, similar to how global variables need to be unique. Take note though - "lion_incoming" isn't a global variable, but it needs to be unique so that another addon maker can add his or her IncomingMissile event handler to class Air without conflicting with yours. You see, when the game loads all the addons, it will collect all the Extended_event Name_Handlers and if two other addons also define their incoming missile handlers, the result (as seen by the game) could be something like this:

class Extended_IncomingMissile_EventHandlers
{
   class Air
   {
       xyz_eek_heelp = "code here";
       lion_incoming = "hint (str 1)";
       abc_somethingelse = "more code here";
   };
   class Man {
   };
   ...  // loads more here
};

Then, as an IncomingMissile event is generated, XEH will call all three event handlers for the targeted vehicle. Due to this, one has to make one's event handler code entry name unique.

Edited by Killswitch

Is it possable to turn off the the credits pop up.

edit: ahh sorry i should have read the last page

any one know what i do with the cba diagnostic enable perf loob pbo

cheers

Edited by muttly

Should CBA be installed on a dedicated server that has no mods running, but allowing clients to use different soundmods?

How is it that if I download cba from devheaven or Armaholic I get files with v0-6.bisign but when I use YAS repository to get latest ACE I get files with b123.bisign?

Does it make any difference to how it functions? Which one is correct?

Doesn't matter - answered by Xeno in the ACE topic - ACE has a different version.

Edited by Sabre=TE=

I've downloaded the CBA mod, but when I extract it I only see the @CBA folder, not the @CBA_A2 and @CBA_OA folders.

i have a little problem

i have 1.54 version

and install the mods

"C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\arma2oa.EXE" -mod=@CBA;@ACE;@ACEX;@OA_Female;@WarFX;@duala;@BB_UNITS;

and i have not sound voice now.

i cant found a ACE forum ,is for that i post this right here. someone know something about it?

That's a feature from ACE2. Go in "Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\userconfig\ace\", edit the ace_clientsite_config.hpp and modify the line 53 (#define ACE_NOVOICE). Just add tow slash before the line to get :

//#define ACE_NOVOICE

That's a feature from ACE2. Go in "Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\userconfig\ace\", edit the ace_clientsite_config.hpp and modify the line 53 (#define ACE_NOVOICE). Just add tow slash before the line to get :

//#define ACE_NOVOICE

perfect :yay:! txs tom

You're welcome. Don't hesitate to look at the other options to configure ACE2 like you want. In case of other question prefer using the ACE2 topic ;)

I've downloaded the CBA mod, but when I extract it I only see the @CBA folder, not the @CBA_A2 and @CBA_OA folders. Please help!

Apparently the famous bug that meant apple keyboards don't work with the ACE interaction menus has now been fixed. :D

Ok maybe it was just me that had that bug with my weird choice of keyboard...thankfully sickboy took the time to fix it for me :D

Hey all,

I just downloaded the latest version of CBA from this thread's OP, and I get this error, as shown in the server's log:

Player HateDread: Wrong signature for file @cba\addons\cba_extended_eve

nthandlers.pbo

What could be the cause of this?

Remove all other versions of the .pbo and the .bisign file. If you still have issues, here's the tracker; http://dev-heaven.net/projects/cca/issues

Also, the latest version is only available @ Six Updater etc, until it is stable and a new official release is created.

New official release is probably upcoming week.

In any case, here's a download link, for ease of use; http://www.multiupload.com/I07ACML8N0

Updated with hotfix; http://www.multiupload.com/FQCQTVW6Y2

@TomatoArden;

NP :-) We'll fix about anything when properly reported with details in our issue tracker(s) ;-)

Our BIF threads only function as player-to-player support+discussions, and announce outlet.

The pull the rope game of some users is quite frustrating; the sooner everyone realizes it's to do on our issue trackesr, the better for everyone, incl themselves :D Loads and loads of people luckily do already though, at least re ACE :D http://dev-heaven.net/projects/ace-mod2/activity

@3rd party Mods that decided to include CBA or parts of it in their own mod-folders;

Please stop doing that (it creates one big mess for users), and instead, please start including the full mod-folder, or a link to the download @ dev-heaven or six-updater, thanks!

Users are supposed to have only 1 (the latest) version of CBA(and all of it's parts) installed in it's own modfolder.

(If people can install ACE Mod with 6 modfolders, they can install another Modfolder+@CBA)

Edited by Sickboy

Now I am receiving these two errors constantly. I think only one is related to CBA:

Error in expression < = true;

_logic setvariable ["restart",nil];

if (_debug) then {

xxx = [1,1,-0.>

Error position: <nil];

if (_debug) then {

xxx = [1,1,-0.>

Error Undefined variable in expression: nil

Error in expression <e = _values select _i;

call _code;

};

nil;