Sign in to follow this  
Takko

Urban Tunnel Objects (TKS)

Hello,

today I just became aware of this post:

Like Icebreakr said previously, the problem with most suggestions here, particularly the Urban-style maps, is a lack of suitable models...

The reason Ice's last couple of islands are so distinctive is...? think about it... custom models - particularly vegetation... you see those trees and you're in Africa... you see those cacti - you're in the Arizona desert, or wherever... That's all down to Berghoff and his custom plant packs... Ice has cunningly retextured some Sahrani buildings for Duala as well - that helps a lot, but theres only so much you can do with retexturing...

For "Urban USA" maps for example... what would you expect to see??? Shops, offices, Taco Belles, K-marts, Bank of America buildings, etc, etc, etc... the landscape, and even the vegetation is pretty unimportant in a map like that - the buildings are all that matters - if they're there and convincing - you have no trouble "believing in" the terrain...QUOTE]

after reading it, I felt like him, that there was no steady supplier of buildings

and thats why most maps have a similar feel when it comes to towns.

Now I am not a great buildingmaker or something like that, but I took my 4 hours of freedom I had today, to build up a pretty large building and objects pack.

It included 16 different buildings and objects, all in urban style, so now we're definitely able to see islands like Ocean Land (OFP), Star Light City, etc. in OFP.

But to sum it up better:

Urban Style Addon Pack

Whats up folks! Today I release the Urban Style Addon Pack for the whole community.

It features more than 16 different houses, billboard, tunnels, skyscrapers... and more, while looking pretty.

Can I have a city with more than 100 of your buildings?

More than 100? Yes. More than 200? Absolutely. More than 500? Yes please.

All the buildings are designed in a special way, so they are taking much less

ressources than the standard buildings, which does help to maintain a steady framerate if wanted.

Tunnel Systems!

Its no joke. Take the tunnel pieces and build your own tunnel. To make it even better, place a busy road on top. Or make the tunnel a road by paving it. Subways? Absolutely no problem, do what you want with our tunnel objects!

b6gbiy.png

If your city is looking big-it indeed is

Skyscrapers up to several hundred feet are included. You can even land

on them, since they do have a helipad on the top. So why don't you

just try it out?

Maybe you are even able to stop the terrorists and avoid 911? Its up to you.

b5h9nm.png

Several Minor objects

Small objects do add to the atmoshphere. Letterboxes, billboard... its in your hand and here goes the saying: Whats on your mind is reality.

Download Link

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?yyiyyezzzxi

Have fun!

b4bxbx.png

b2ia3p.jpg

b3fx6x.png

Edited by Takko

Awesome! Can't wait for a map with this stuff to come out!

if you stare long enough it'll appear :D

good stuff, hope this stuff is used in maps

if you stare long enough it'll appear :D

good stuff, hope this stuff is used in maps

:confused:

Ah. facepalm.gif

I wasn't sure, because sometimes if you look too hard you will never find what your searching for.

lol looks pretty pro to me, thanks for your addon

@Vipera

If you don't can say anything constructive simply shut up.

This stuff is exactly what was left to be done. Great work mate ;) I'm sure we'll be seeing great maps in future ^^ *hint* IceBreakr? :D

Think you posted in the wrong thread. If there is no finished material to download it should be better posted in "ArmA 2 - ADDONS & MODS: DISCUSSION".

EDIT: ok - you finally added the link.

Edited by MadMike[Brig2010]

Some of the buildings do indeed feature a simplified interior.

You can go as far as going through tunnels and similar structures.

Here is a picture of the blueprint of one of the buildings.

b32wqv.png

Can you manage it to get out of the tall building before the bomb goes off?

Download Link added in first post

Epic win objects are epic, I recall having a island for OFP which has enterable bank with vault and stuff, had hours of fun by just messing around the city. :p

Now, maybe some talented island maker *COUGH*IceBreaker*COUGH* could make us a large and neat city to play in? :rolleyes:

It looks ugly.

It sure does look ugly, i have to agree. Maybe put 80% more detail in the buildings and it would be bit better. Anyway, thanks for the effort.

Wow Takko! - that was fast!!!

I was whining about this just yesterday... as I see you noticed ;)...

Well done! - this is exactly the sort of stuff thats needed to avoid the "all islands look awful like Chernarus" syndrome that inevitably starts to happen when theres only a single "theme" of objects to draw on...

B

Yes, diversity is always a good thing.

I might learn how to use Visitor 3 today, so that I can make my own islands and turn my

all of my wishes into reality.

Nice work Takko, did you take a look at CG textures yet? They have some nice stuff, e.g. here:

http://www.cgtextures.com/textures.php?t=browse&q=1926

All you need is a free account, but don't start downloading in the highest resolution, that eats your download quota alive (and it's not needed anyway).

I also saw you didn't create normal maps (yet?), they'll really make your buildings look more nifty, especially with CGs textures.

I'm hungry for Mideast buildings now...(For my island)

Looks like a nice skyscraper there. BTW, how would those tunnels work?

These are quite good Takko. Good work, much needed,