chops

Operation Enduring Freedom - unofficial WGL expansion

OPERATION ENDURING FREEDOM

UNOFFICIAL WGL EXPANSION PACK

WHAM.jpg

This is a collection of Afghanistan-themed addons re-configured to work with the excellent WGL mod. I will be adding more Western infantry, vehicles and aircraft as I get around to them. If anyone else who know how to write/copy and paste configs wants to contribute to this mod, they're more than welcome.

This mod includes the following, all use WGL sounds, ammo, weapons, AI and armour values;

Infantry

Taliban, Northern Alliance and local militia - Remo's Afghan pack

Al Qaeda - jjr's Generic Middle Eastern Rebels

US Special Forces* - jonny's special ops

Vehicles

Technicals, trucks, vans, cars etc - Remo's Afghan pack and BIS

HMMWVs - SEF HMMWVs

Armour

T-55 - RHS

Shilka - ORCS

BTR-80, MT-LB, MT-LB ZSU - WGL

Crew- served weapons

DSHK heavy machine gun - WGL

100mm cannon - Remo's Afghan pack

AT-5 Konkurs M - WGL

AGS-17 automatic grenade launcher - WGL

ZU-2-23 - WGL

*Infantry weapons

All of the weapons in Laser's US weapons pack that have a corresponding ammo class in WGL have been included. Pretty much everything except shotguns, sub-machine guns and rocket launchers. These are used by the US Special Forces infantry.

Aircraft

A-10 - WGL

B-52 - [aps] Gnat B-52

Installation

If you've been living in a cave and haven't downloaded WGL, do so here.

Then download the config files from Megaupload, Rapidshare or Easyshare. Update - mirror courtesy of Rellikki at OFPR.info much appreciated!

Extract the rar file into your OFP directory. It includes a shortcut for WGL and OEF mods to run together, presuming your OFP directory is C:\Program Files\Codemasters\OperationFlashpoint

Next, download all the following addons and put them in your @OEF\addons folder

Remo's Afghan pack 2.0

RHS T-55 pack

ORC's Shilka pack

Jonny's Special Forces 1.5

Facetex2

Laser's US Weapons 3.0

Generic Middle Eastern Rebels

Gnat's B-52

SEF HMMWVs

Or all of the above (excluding SEF HMMWVs) here (Thanks Drongo69).

All addons plus the two islands below at filefactory (Thanks Rainbow).

After everything is installed in your @OEF\addons folder, the folder should look like this.

Note that some of these addons usually require other addons, eg RHS T-55 needs the crew and their weapons. You will get a missing addon error message when staring OFP, but it doesn't effect anything. None of any of the addons themselves have been altered in any way. All credit to the original authors.

Islands - These are a couple of the islands that missions will soon be released for. There are a few other good ones around too.

Remo's Afghan Everon

ag_smith's Afghanistan V1.2

Missions

TBA - I have a few MP missions (SP playable) from extensive testing of this mod. Check the second post in this thread for missions. I will update as they're made.

Now I'll leave you with a few screenies

t55.jpg

ussf-1.jpg

hmmvs.jpg

talibantech.jpg

THANKS

In my rush to finish this post I forgot my manners. This humble project would not have gotten anywhere without the tireless support of Sanctuary, Macser, Deanosbeano and Drongo69. I've made countless requests for help, often asking stooopid questions, all answered in graceful good humour. Cheers boys!

Edited by Chops
Updating

OEF Mod Missions

The initial idea behind making this mod was to have something for me and a few mates to play MP COOP missions with. So hopefully we'll get a bit of a collection here before long.

CCE2 for Operation Enduring Freedom - by Drongo69

We've had countless hours of fun out of this mission (most of it laughing at my ineptitude). It is completely re-playable due to it's dynamic nature. More details and download in the User missions thread.

[co8] Desert Ambush for OEF - by Drongo69

An adaptation of the BIS MP COOP Desert ambush mission. As a brave resistance fighter, use all your cunning to destroy the Soviet convoy before eliminating the enemy presence in a nearby town. See the release thread for more.

[c016] Outpost Defence - By Drongo 69

You and your team mates must fight for your lives to defend your lonely outpost from a determined Taliban attack. Randomised elements make this mission highly replayable. Read more here.

Edited by Chops
Updating

PM me if you want British units to add to this. I've done a full set of them basically for my own use. And currently, the entire pack is sat around on my HD waiting to be updated.

Excellent addon! Once You have touched it, the only thing You want is to get more Western infantry, vehicles and aircraft :-)

Thanks a lot, Chops, for mingling with the configs..

Edited by wuschel

Congratulations on the release Chops, I had great fun with this mod in the testing phase. Hopefully we can get some more people into our coop disasters now, maybe even someone who can shoot straight :D

Hopefully we can get some more people into our coop disasters now, maybe even someone who can shoot straight

What...Coop? Where? When?

You can count me in. I'll bet a few guys from CiA would be interested too.

What...Coop? Where? When?

You can count me in. I'll bet a few guys from CiA would be interested too.

Same here.:yay:

Awesome work, congratulations Chops for this release.

A really great explansion to WGL.

I get a message that requires OEF_HMMWV requires SEF_HMMWVCfg. When I put it with other addons which works with it, the message still appears. Is it ok?

Maybe you would post here list of addons which are required to run it?

@ Zulu1 and RKDmitriyev and anyone who is interested: I would love to play some coop with you guys, the more the merrier. I will be releasing a few missions for this mod in a day or two, just need to polish them for release. BTW, I'm in Japan, I hope my ping will be OK.

@ Rainbow: Don't worry about that message, I get that every time too. It doesn't affect playability at all.

@Rainbow - you're right mate, I left out the HMMWVs. Download them from OFPR.info. My apologies for that. I've updated the first post with this link too.

After everything is installed in your @OEF\addons folder, it should look like this

addonlist.jpg

@Zulu1, RKDmitriyev and anyone else interested. I'd love to get in on some COOP, though I'm a long ping from Europe and US. Drongo69 has some fantastic missions that will be up here shortly.

@Macser, Sanctuary. Thanks again for all your patience with me guys!

@Mjolnir66. Definitely mate, that'd be great. The more stuff converted the better I reckon. Will be in touch once I've gotten through the next bunch of stuff to come.

Thanks Rellikki for the OFPR.info mirror and thanks all for your enthusiasm.

I've updated the second post with another couple of fantastic missions from Drongo69. Both offer high immersion and complete re-playability.

@Rainbow, thanks for putting that together mate, makes things a lot simpler!

@USMCSonic. Glad you like it! WGL also comes with it's own model replacement system. You can change all the default models to whatever you want.

I prefer the Ryan model replacement, looks really nice. The is also a weapons model replacement found here:

http://ofpc.de/wargames/e107_plugins/forum/forum_viewforum.php?18

then select this thread:

AT (weapon) model replacement

use the mirror link in the last post..."5.1...rep.rar" Make sure you get the required addons

Edited by Zulu1

I keep getting the error "The drive or network connection that the shortcut '#WGL5 & OEF.lnk' refers to is unavailable." I don't know why the error message shows a "#" sign, but the folder itself does not begin with one...it begins with "@".

I installed WGL and OEF exactly as posted. The WGL link works beautifully. I've checked and double checked the folder names and locations. Are there supposed to be more files included with OEF mod other than just Addons? I don't get any Bin or Config files when I unpack the winrar mod file for OEF.

I'm running all this on Windows 7...don't know if that makes a difference.

Edited by PopUpTarget

Hi PopUpTarget,

#WGL5 & OEF.lnk is the name of the shortcut itself, not the modfolders it refers to. I just put the "#" at the front of the name so it appears further up the list of the dozens of shortcuts I have for different combinations of mods.

There are no other files for @OEF than the addons.

Is your OFP installed in the usual folder, ie C:\Program Files\Codemasters\OperationFlashpoint\FLASHPOINTRESISTANCE.EXE?

If your OFP is installed anywhere other than the location above, the shortcut won't work.

If this is the case, you can try making another shortcut. Right click on FLASHPOINTRESISTANCE.EXE select "create shortcut". A shortcut should appear in your OFP folder. Right click it, select "properties" and add (include the space at the start);

-nomap -nosplash -mod=@wgl5;@OEF

after

blahblahblah\FLASHPOINTRESISTANCE.EXE" in the "target" box, so you end up with

blahblahblah\FLASHPOINTRESISTANCE.EXE" -nomap -nosplash -mod=@wgl5;@OEF

Good luck

Edited by Chops
Spelling

Chops...good advice. I created a new desktop shortcut from scratch and pasted the path. It works now.

Now I get an error on launching though that says:

"Missing "config.cpp/CFGWeapons/B52BombRailMag/stick.sound"

Obviously I'm missing a file somewhere and need to research this. The error doesn't prevent the program from launching though.

Edited by PopUpTarget

Ok I've set this up with the addon pack to try it. First I got JAM3 errors, so I used a JAM3 version I have installed and that was fixed. Then I got SEFHMMV messeage and remembered I needed that also. So I installed what I have then I got "Addon'OEF_HMMWV' requires addon "SEF_HMMWVCFG', so I installed an earlier version I have of this addon and got the same message.

I also got the same message "Missing "config.cpp/CFGWeapons/B52BombRailMag/stick.sound" that PopUp is getting.

As per the first post "Note that some of these addons usually require other addons, eg RHS T-55 needs the crew and their weapons. You will get a missing addon error message when staring OFP, but it doesn't effect anything."

There is no point in installing addons that are not used or needed by the mod, their absence causes no problems other than error messages at start up.

My advice would be to try playing one of the missions listed in the second post of this thread. If they are unplayable, then you have a problem. Otherwise, just click OK when the errors pop up :D

Thanks for you patience fellas!