Sign in to follow this  
CPL_Buddha

AAN News overlay

Can someone explain how to place the AAN effect on screen to make it look like a news report. Or maybe point out a mission that has it.

I want to create a series of missions as told thru the eyes of a reporter.

I did a search any nothing useful came up. Thanks in advance.

would you not just need to to create a image overlay something like the fallowing. copy the above pic, save as JPG or PAA conversion

in your description.ext put. and change "Duration=3" to some crazy high amount so it stays for the fully mission

class RscTitles
{
class Image1
   {
       idd=-1;
       movingEnable=1;
         duration=3;
    fadein = 1;
    fadeout = 1;
           name="Image1";
           controls[]={"blackfon","logotip"};
        	    class blackfon
	  {
		   x = -10;
		   y = -10;
		   w = 42;
		   h = 42;
		   type = 0;
		   idc = -100;
		   style = 48;
		   colorBackground[] = {0,0,0,0};
		   colorText[] = {1, 1, 1, 1};
		   font = BitStream;
		   sizeEx = 0;
		   lineSpacing = 0;
		   access = ReadAndWrite;
		   text = "#(argb,8,8,3)color(0,0,0,1)";
	  };
         		class logotip
  {
	   x = 0;
	   y = 0;
	   w = 1;
	   h = 1;
	   type = 0;
	   idc = -1;
	   style = 48;
	   colorBackground[] = {0, 0, 0, 0};
	   colorText[] = {1, 1, 1, 1};
	   font = BitStream;
	   sizeEx = 0;
	   lineSpacing = 0;
	   access = ReadAndWrite;
	   text = "AANWN.paa";
  };
};
};

and in your "init.sgs

TitleRsc ["Image1", "PLAIN",2];

I can never get the picture converted. I'd love to see this for myself in action.

Thanks I will give it a try.

---------- Post added at 08:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:48 PM ----------

Alright so I can get the image to appear in my cut scene. I have 3 problems though.

1. The scene is during the day and the image is barley visable. What do I adjust to make it show up better during the day.

2. The image is in the center of the screen. I need it at the bottom.

3. As soon as I use Titletext the overlay disappears. How do I get around this?

Thanks in advance for your help.

resistance-rat it works like a charm. Thanks.

By chance do you know how to make it look like a TV screen broadcast? Ive seen modules for effects like film grain and such.

Strange I'm having no joy with this, all I get is Resource Title image1 not found.

I've tried it with jpg and paa and other peoples script and it still can't see the image file.

what did you name your picture as. for in my example the name of the picture file is AANWN.paa so if that is the same file name or atleast you chaged that part of the script, make sure that your picture file is located in your mission folder

Thanks but I have found the problem.

I'd made a spelling mistake but later corrected it, the problem was unless I reload the corrected version it seems to remember the previous settings. Just running preview wasn't enough.

I looked thru the post process effects page and I couldn't get it to work.

Can someone post an example (script) on how to do this. Thanks.

Sorry for digging up this old thread, but I've got a problem. I'm currently trying to fix all script errors in my campaign.

I get following error message.

Error in expression <to Zargabad.";

nul=[title,scroll]spawn BIS_fnc_AAN;>

Error position: <BIS_fnc_AAN;>

Error Undefined variable in expression: bis_fnc_aan

File C:\Documents and Settings\Proprietario\Documenti\ArmA 2 Other Profiles\Vincent%20Vega\missions\01_Spearhead.Zargabad\initintro.sqf, line 3

Now this is the code from the initintro.sqf

title = parsetext "<t size='2.3'>US Air raid on the airport.</t><br />More Takistani troops have been dislocated to Zargabad."; 
scroll = parsetext "At 19.30 hours the US airforce has launched a surprise attack on the airport of Zargabad. Goal of the operation is to weaken the enemies defense positions. - A-10s have laid heavy fire on the enemy AA positions taking casualties. Several planes have been reported to be shot down by the enemy. - The airfield is under heavy bombardment. - 25th mechanized infantry has taken the village of Shabaz. - All insurgents in the village have been killed in the operation. - US troops have taken their first casualties. - US Military operations are currently continuing close to Zargabad. - At 19.30 hours the US airforce has launched a surprise attack on the airport of Zargabad. Goal of the operation is to weaken the enemies defense positions. - A-10s have laid heavy fire on the enemy AA positions taking casualties. Several planes have been reported to be shot down by the enemy. - The airfield is under heavy bombardment. - 25th mechanized infantry has taken the village of Shabaz. - All insurgents in the village have been killed in the operation. - US troops have taken their first casualties. - US Military operations are currently continuing close to Zargabad."; 
nul=[title,scroll]spawn BIS_fnc_AAN;

Function module in editor is placed

can someone enlighten me, on how to fix this error cause I'm on my wits end here.:confused:

Thanks for any help in advance.

regards

With that being an intro the function module may not be initilized when your script starts, do you have a wait in the top of your intro?

waitUntil {bis_fnc_init};

Also if your having problems getting it to start in time for your intro you should just create and start it yourself like this:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showpost.php?p=1661400&postcount=4