Sign in to follow this  
wolffy.au

cB COOP 16 Op Boer's Plain - v1.0

Download:

http://creobellum.org/node/161

Description:

Takistani Rebel forces have recently increased their presence in Western Takistan. There have been civilian reports that rebels are often intimidating locals in any of the 5 towns. Rebel forces are armed with light arms. Beware of possible ambush, sniper and motorised patrol teams.

boersplain-takistan.jpg

A small US Army task force has been deployed to patrol the area and maintain control of the region. Ammunition can be found in the vehicle cargo. Patrol each town to identify and clear rebel presence.

Weather is randomised to keep things interesting. Enjoy!

Mission concept and design by Wolffy.au

Addons:

Operation Arrowhead - None

Thanks to:

The ever willing mission testers from cB & AEF

Random Group Spawn code by Odin

Team Status Dialog by Dr Eyeball

CEP AI Unit Caching by Myke

Weapons on Respawn/Splash Screen Box by Xeno

Improved taskDefend and taskPatrol by Binesi

On-the-fly GFX Changer by Deadfast

Missions Conditions Selector - F2 MP Framework

CreateComposition by ArmaTec

Simple Vehicle Respawn Script by Tophe of Östgöta Ops

Improved AI Driving by Sakura Chan

Random Group Generation, JIP Briefing, Player weapon loadout and Hide Bodies found at http://creoBellum.org

Visit Combat Team Bravo at http://www.aef-hq.com.au

Change Log:

Version 1.6

- Added Call Support Medic

- Added Call Support Vehicle Repair

- Added BIS First Aid Fix

- Added Saku AI Driver Improvement

- Added custom Ambient Civilians

- Added Ambient Civilian Vehicles

- Added random house positions

- Added BIS Injury System

- Changed CTB Branding

- Changed for Operation Arrowhead

- Changed default to medium grass

- Changed Waypoint patrol based on CityCenters

- Fixed JIP Time Sync issue

- Fixed CEP Caching to ignore civilians

- Removed ACE dependencies

- Removed custom loadout

Version 1.2a

- Rebranded as Combat Team Bravo

- Added AAW Units and Weapons

Version 1.0 - Initial Release

Developer notes:

Here is a list of nifty components to be found in this mission.

Random Group Spawn code by Odin

- This piece of code has turned out to be the most important piece of my future mission making. Using GameLogic objects, this code will spawn random enemy groups of Infantry, Motorised, Mechanised, Armour and Air. In conjunction with Binesi's taskDefend and taskPatrol code, randomised mission making has never been simpler.

Team Status Dialog by Dr Eyeball

- Allows the customisations of groups while playing the mission. As suggested by the Dr himself, I'm sure other clans will find it very useful.

CEP Unit Caching by Myke

- Beware of fake imitations, this is the original unit caching code from Myke's ARMA I Coop Essentials Pack. I have heavily modified it and it now supports vehicle units.

Weapons on Respawn/Splash Screen/ACE Weapons Box by Xeno

- Xeno did all the coding to create these ammo boxes and splash screen, so I think he deserves a mention for their use.

Improved taskDefend and taskPatrol by Binesi

- Binesi posted these improved BIS functions around the same time I was asking myself the same question. Placing patrols and defensive squads has never been simpler.

On-the-fly GFX Changer by Deadfast

- Simple graphical viewdistance and terrain control. Very slick interface, although I've hardcoded the terrain detail in this mission, as I didn't think it was fair on the AI.

Missions Conditions Selector - F2 MP Framework

- Another handy script, I modified it slightly for JIP client time setting, but it works a treat otherwise.

creoBellum scripts:

Here are some of my own scripts, which you are free to use with credits intact.

Random Group Generation (crb_randomGroup.sqf)

- This is a must have for randomising your mission. Will create random squads of Infantry, Motorised, Mechanised, Armoured and Air. Makes the mission different everytime.

JIP Briefing (JIPBriefing.sqf)

- JIP Briefings are a real pain. This is my current model for consecutive objectives which is JIP compatible.

Player Weapon Loadout (PlayerInit.sqf)

- Sets up weapon loadout based on mission selector and unit model. Works for human and AI playable units.

Hide Bodies (crB_HideCorpses.sqf)

- Inspired by Mr Murrays code, this one liner will remove dead bodies from the mission with no additional triggers or objects. Just add the script to your Init.sqf - very simple.

WaypointPatrol.sqf

- Uses markers to patrol vehicles randomly from one marker to another. Excellent to ensure all parts of your Area of Operation are patrolled. Now includes Civilian vehicles.

Edited by Wolffy.au

Version 1.2a

- Rebranded as Combat Team Bravo

- Added AAW Units and Weapons

- Added Support Vehicles (Call Support function)

Version 1.6

- Added Call Support Medic

- Added Call Support Vehicle Repair

- Added BIS First Aid Fix

- Added Saku AI Driver Improvement

- Added custom Ambient Civilians

- Added Ambient Civilian Vehicles

- Added random house positions

- Added BIS Injury System

- Changed CTB Branding

- Changed for Operation Arrowhead

- Changed default to medium grass

- Changed Waypoint patrol based on CityCenters

- Fixed JIP Time Sync issue

- Fixed CEP Caching to ignore civilians

- Removed ACE dependencies

- Removed custom loadout

I've moved this mission to Takistan. I will try to re-release it on Isla Duala in the near future.

enjoyable mission *thumbs up*

On 4th city (Shukurkalay) we got the "town clear" message after the first 2 kills,enemy was still inside city - but didnt engaged us anymore ... killed em,moved on ... strange

On last city

we got alot of enemys INSIDE houses so we needed to search every building,but couldnt complete the mission - even we searched like 45min for em.

We faced multiple squads reentering the city,killed em too but still no sucess @ mission.

Is it ment to be that only on the last city enemys are inside building?

The first 3 citys took nearly no time (max 5-8 enemys at all),why is it then so different on the last city?

Maybe increase enemy strength abit on the first 3 citys?

Again,well made mission :cool:

Interesting. The only thing I can think of is I set the AI inside the houses to 'unit disableAI "MOVE"', as they were all exiting their positions once we engaged them. This is probably why they are acting differently and it maybe affecting the triggers.

Amount of enemy per town is randomised but should be fairly consistent.

I've reverted the disableAI change and the zip updated (v1.6a) on the creobellum website. See how you go and let me know.

finished the (fixed) version (1.6a) just 1h ago and it worked like charm this time :)

Some things you might want to think about still:

- some enemys still stay active in cleared/green zones (not engaging/mostly in houses)

-the BISrevive/med system might got its charms,but its utterly annoying getting wounded/falling uncon then getting killed and have to drive aaaaaaaaaall the way back to active AO

Why not use Norrins Rev or a spawn that gets moved up or a SAFE area once u cleared the first 3 citys/areas,even more u got a 2nd Checkpoint up there anyway - the driving part is really a turn off

- double deaths @ scoreboard

None of the less,pretty entertaining mission :cool:

*two thumbs up*

Wolffy,

Nice misssion, but were having problems. weve gotten to the last two towns before the checkpoint. Weve cleared every building in the towns, but they wont clear!! Any suggestions? Thank you!!

Cheers

Roushie

Nice mission! But we had a few problems with clearing the last 2 settlements, too. The "find the last pin in the haystack"- problem is a bit too annoying. Maybe you make the last enemies flee the mission perimeter?

Also UPSMON would be a nice improvement for the dull BIS-AI!

thx for sharing!

you guys tried the "fixed" version he posted in OP?

v1.6a runs smoothly and completes like it should,v1.6 didnt

Updated some minor fixed to v1.7e. So eager to release it, I haven't done the changelog, but it should be more stable.

EDIT: Sorry, just reading through your comments - yes, I could go for revive, but its a case that I take so long to release these missions that I prefer to keep it as vanilla as possible. Happy for anyone to make a Revive version of it, just don't have the time personally unfortunately.

Edited by Wolffy.au