Sign in to follow this  
soldier2390

USAF CSAR By Soldier2390

hey everyone,

Finially here it is my USAF Combat Search And Rescue addon pack! its still WIP and i have much more in the works including basic "Generic" USAF units along with maby more types of units! this pack is just a basic re-skin of the Arma2 BIS Soldiers, but still fits enough to call them USAF CSAR units!

Im sure many will want a "PJ" version or even other types of USAF units..including CCT! so what i think i will do is just leave these guys blank, meaning no specific patches or units...so that they can be used as any kind of USAF units! but as i said who knows maby if he demand is high we will get specific units..so please tell me what you would prefer?

Btw, a super hugh thx to massi....a texturing god, who had made all the origianl ABU camo! and it seemed everytime i sent him the updated pack, i some how got better textures so either im getting much better then i thought...and faster then i thought, or massi once again came through with more major texturing help! so again many thx to you bro!!!

P.S. i will consider Specfic requests and or Suggestions so please, tell me how you guys feel!

I will post better pics when i get more to show!

arma22010-04-1802-50-16-97-3.jpg

Nice ;) !!!

keep up the great work !

cheers

massi

It's a good initiative, airmen deserve some place in the game series after these years. Some questions thought, because I'm not very well into USAF "infantry". Are these guys considered special forces? If so are they going to be reskinned assault FR guys (in my view the should be, considering reskinning regular Marine models would look a bit awkward to me)?

Might be a solution if you reskin ArmA 1 default BI soldiers or more preferably ask for Binkowski's US Army dudes, because as far as I saw pictures, airmen and soldiers uniforms and equipment are more likely to each other (rounded patrol caps, OTV/IOTV, ACH) than with the Marines' LWH, MTV and MCCUU. And you won't even have to reskin all, only the blouse and trousers, helmet cover and vest can stay in ACU color, see picture below:

http://www.af.mil/shared/media/photodb/photos/080925-F-0000A-101.jpg

It's a good initiative, airmen deserve some place in the game series after these years. Some questions thought, because I'm not very well into USAF "infantry". Are these guys considered special forces? If so are they going to be reskinned assault FR guys (in my view the should be, considering reskinning regular Marine models would look a bit awkward to me)?

Might be a solution if you reskin ArmA 1 default BI soldiers or more preferably ask for Binkowski's US Army dudes, because as far as I saw pictures, airmen and soldiers uniforms and equipment are more likely to each other (rounded patrol caps, OTV/IOTV, ACH) than with the Marines' LWH, MTV and MCCUU. And you won't even have to reskin all, only the blouse and trousers, helmet cover and vest can stay in ACU color, see picture below:

http://www.af.mil/shared/media/photodb/photos/080925-F-0000A-101.jpg

They're part of AFSOC - Air Force Special Operations Command.

yes thanks clavicula, most are part of the AFSOC, specailly any PJ's or CCT, including the aircrews that operate with them!

and to answer more these are only "BIS FR" models, but if someone would like to donate there models to this..what i hope becomes a lil "USAF" mod, than that will be alsome too!

but thanks everyone for the feed back and support! keep the ideas and suggestions coming, and anyone who may want to help with these your welcome too!

This is great news, if you ever did add patches and made individual units, Para-Rescue would be awesome. :D

Thanks Clavicula!

..what i hope becomes a lil "USAF" mod, than that will be alsome too!

Heh, so be it, I wish :)

Only concrete non-AFSOC unit I found in the USAF Security Forces, which basically seems air force MP to me.

Edited by Banderas
Due to the fact came to be known the thread starter is an ex-CSAR operative, so I don't have to play wiseguy for him :)

The picture doesnt work. :/

Sounds cool, but I would love some screenshots.

The picture doesnt work. :/

Sounds cool, but I would love some screenshots.

i will try to take better pics tonite, with a few up close to see the detail;)

AFSOC provides the bulk of our USAF Special Forces to the other departments. But... Three USAF groups whos sole purpose is to go with the US Rangers and sieze and hold or establish a bare base airfield from the ground up. one is the 726 CSRG, 720 Base Defense Group and one more but I can remember it.

But is would be sweet we have a little USAF unit and SF, CCT, and PJs would be a nice addon to use. Then we need a few aircraft reskinned and the bugs work out of a few it will be great. Did USEC have a chopper they were going to release? Anyone know what happened to it? As the uniforms goes, the color is simular to the ABU but is a Tiger Stripe pattern. There is a move a foot, to adapt the MULTICAM uniform but is still in discussion with the uniform board folks I think.

Edited by Landdon

AFSOC provides the bulk of our USAF Special Forces to the other departments. But... Three USAF groups whos sole purpose is to go with the US Rangers and sieze and hold or establish a bare base airfield from the ground up. one is the 726 CSRG, 720 Base Defense Group and one more but I can remember it.

But is would be sweet we have a little USAF unit and SF, CCT, and PJs would be a nice addon to use. Then we need a few aircraft reskinned and the bugs work out of a few it will be great. Did USEC have a chopper they were going to release? Anyone know what happened to it? As the uniforms goes, the color is simular to the ABU but is a Tiger Stripe pattern. There is a move a foot, to adapt the MULTICAM uniform but is still in discussion with the uniform board folks I think.

thanks for that info bro! i plan o do more stuff to make this kinda a lil "USAF Mod" maby in the future ill add units with multicam!

for the first release ill leave the units mostly blank, later if the demad is thier ill make all kinds of other units. but much more to come...including pics!

EDIT: New Pic's

USAF_CSAR_PIC1-1.jpg

USAF_CSAR_PIC2-1.jpg

USAF_CSAR_PIC3-1.jpg

Edited by soldier2390

some higher quality pictures would be nice, it's hard to tell any detail in those right now.

some higher quality pictures would be nice, it's hard to tell any detail in those right now.

sure thing bink! i will take a pic of just one guy very close up, so everyone can see the detail and the ABU uniform we now use in the usaf!

Wanna send these guys to me and I'll take a mega super crazie high res screenshot of them?

;)

Wanna send these guys to me and I'll take a mega super crazie high res screenshot of them?

;)

sure bro will do so very soon, seems even tho my rig cost me $3000, it dont like getting its picture taking...looks good ingame but looks bad in pics...dont know why as this is one of the first times iv taking pics using fraps...could fraps mess my stuff up?

btw sorry if i sound dumb but what does high res mean, i mean i get it means better quality but how do u make them high res?

but ok here is another pic till Enad gets them for me!

USAF_CSAP_PIC4.jpg

ok this pic is only a very little bit bigger then the others, and yet i cant tell if my pic is over the max limit..as when resizing it only gives me pixel size?

Edited by soldier2390

use thumbnails. meaning make two images, a small one (to post in the thread) then post the link to the full size image underneath it, just the hyperlink only. regardless, thats better then the ones above.

Whats your specs soldier?

emm, not sure but here is what my xfire profile says...iv got other things iv bought to make my totall go up too $3000, but i just need to know about arma related stuff!

Manufacturer: Dell Inc.

Processor: Intel® Core i7 CPU 860 @ 2.80GHz (8 CPUs), ~2.8GHz

Memory: 8192MB RAM

Hard Drive: 984 GB

Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTS 240

Monitor:

Sound Card: Speakers (Realtek High Definition Audio)

Speakers/Headphones:

Keyboard: USB Root Hub

Mouse: USB Root Hub

Mouse Surface:

Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7600) (7600.win7_rtm.090713-1255)

btw what would u recomend i upgrade if at all!

Haha well everything is really good except your GPU. That's a low end video card mainly to be used in Servers or Home PC's. :(

It aint really ready for ArmA II. But I haven't seen you complaining so it must be fine.

Haha well everything is really good except your GPU. That's a low end video card mainly to be used in Servers or Home PC's. :(

It aint really ready for ArmA II. But I haven't seen you complaining so it must be fine.

yeah i play on mostly high settings, but hate chernarus tho....ok so the only thing bad about mine is the graphics card? emm i should beable to replace that very easy right? well if the money allows me too! but i mean i can i do it my self if i get a new card?

Yes. Its really easy.

I'm actually surprised you can play at such High settings. I guess all that RAM and CPU power is helping you loads. I had a friend with a GTS 240 and had to play Bad Company 2 at all low settings with his resolution set to 800X600. lol