Sign in to follow this  
EMERY

Generation kill mod

Myself and Ruben have started the generation kill mod based on the HBO tv series if you have not seen it

http://www.hbo.com/generation-kill/index.html i rate it *****

soldier2390 and lennard91 have joined the GK team

soldier doing the textures on the hummers and lennard91 making the unit's

thanks guys much love

http://www.armaholic.com/forums.php?m=posts&q=8723&d=0

what would this mod be without a map of Baghdad i have started making objects to put in to a map of Baghdad as i have never made a map from start we need some help getting it of the ground so i am calling out map makers from the arma community to help with this project all that is needed is a terrain of central Baghdad and the object placement can done by myself and Ruben

we did try to start our own map but with all the other stuff we got going at the moment and with no knowledge on how to make a terrain its just asking to much

ever since arma1 i have wonted a map of Baghdad to fight on and im shore i am not the only one

so pls of you are interested on helping with this project pls contact me asap via pm

looking forward to hearing from you all

Edited by EMERY
because i can

im still waiting to see if all the pics worked can anyone else see the pics

if you cant see them hit the link at the bottom of the 1st post it will take you to the armaholic forum topic

I cant see the pictures... but anyways this mod looks awesome :) i already saw the pics on armaholic and i think they're very nice.

Screwby! :D

Looking forward to this one, been re-watching the series for the first time in a while and having never actually been in a war, it does to my perception seem to encapsulate the chaotic and brutal nature of modern warfare.

Now having this in Arma2 will be about 10 thousand kinds of awesome!

Great pics on armaholic :D Will we be seing a campaign also?

Great pics on armaholic :D Will we be seing a campaign also?

if we can get this Baghdad map sorted i will make one foreshore:)

Yeah a campaign would be sick. You could use a load of the voice acting from the show. All of it looks awesome so far, are you going to include the units in desert and in woodland?

Yeah a campaign would be sick. You could use a load of the voice acting from the show. All of it looks awesome so far, are you going to include the units in desert and in woodland?

that's a Lennard question and he is real busy with rl and other stuff so will have to see what he is going to do :)

that's a Lennard question and he is real busy with rl and other stuff so will have to see what he is going to do :)

atm only Woodland, as that's used the most in the series, but who knows what the future will bring..

-Emery, the pics don't work btw

this is awesome, i totally loved the series ;) cant wait for it peeps

atm only Woodland, as that's used the most in the series, but who knows what the future will bring..

-Emery, the pics don't work btw

cool its just that i noticed that you had the desert texture down for the reporter. But looking forward to it either way XD

1. I couldn't help but notice that some of the units have cargo pockets modelled on the arms, which were not present on the camoflauge uniforms circa 2003. Also the boots in one picture have the eagle, globe and anchor emblem, which didn't exist on boots circa 2003. These are purely aesthetic issues and are easily fixable.

2. Also this is a general question, were many up-armoured Humvees (M1114 HMMWV) used during the invasion of Iraq in March 2003? I know they existed at the time, but weren't they only brought in large numbers after the increase of IED attacks post 2004? Also, I don't remember seeing many up-armoured Humvees in the show, if at all.

3. As shooting out of vehicles is not implemented in ArmA 2, is it possible to mount weapons (such as the M249 SAW) on the Humvees similar to the GMV addon in ACE 2? I can imagine Trombley shooting some camels from the Humvee with his M249 SAW. :D

Just some observations, this mod looks very promising and keep up the good work, mates! ;)

Edited by Laqueesha

is there any admins around that can fix the 1st post the pics still dont work

#2 & #3 are almost twice the max size. (if using firefox, right click and click on "View Image Info". That will give you the filesize.) Consider putting up a smaller version that you can click to take you to the larger version, instead of just resizing. I say this because the 1st picture is so small I can't see anything.

#2 & #3 are almost twice the max size. (if using firefox, right click and click on "View Image Info". That will give you the filesize.) Consider putting up a smaller version that you can click to take you to the larger version, instead of just resizing. I say this because the 1st picture is so small I can't see anything.

who are you talking to?

if you wont to see my pics you will have to go to armaholics i dont have time to piss fart around with pic size and links that dont work

Easy Emery! lol. I was talking to soldier. He mentioned something about hes willing to resize his pictures & I was just offering some advice & letting him know how to check the filesize (which I found out last week. ;))

lolz sorry dude just they make is so hard just to show a pic lol and i got relay annoyed

i am sorry everyone for the extra pic's! and sorry they have not been fixed sooner. i and emergancy and had to leave due to real life, again i do apologize. and darkhorse thanks bro, sorry i coud not get back in time to have been able to take your advice...note taking now!

Looking good guys. Some nice addons has come from you EMERY & CO so looking forward to this one as well. :)

Btw. there's actually a script by Cyborg11 which allows you to shoot outa vehicles ^^

@Cyclone83

Can you point us out in the right direction where we can find this script? please :)