Sign in to follow this  
vilas

ugly defacing of Polish victims in Belgian press

Gazet van Antwerpen

have you seen this !!!!!!!!!!!!!! ????????????

http://i.wp.pl/a/f/jpeg/24343/eagle_has_landed_rmf24_550.jpeg

http://wiadomosci.wp.pl/kat,1023303,title,Belgijska-gazeta-kpi-z-polskiej-tragedii,wid,12171762,wiadomosc.html?ticaid=19fe4

http://lublin.com.pl/artykuly/pokaz/6055/komentarze/

http://www.dziennik.pl/katastrofa-smolensk/article587254/Belgowie_przepraszaja_za_kpiny_z_tragedii.html

have you seen this picture ???

reaction of Belgia after plane crash tragedy ??? they should get ***(my over reaction) !!!

they laughed at people killed in airplane accident while whole world says condolences

"over reaction" deleted

eagle_has_landed_rmf24_180.jpeg

it is not only defacing to 96 persons dead, but defacing our national symbols, flag and etc.

this should have very strong reaction

Edited by vilas

I say we switch from Palm/Hoegarden to Staropramen. At least.

too complicated for me :|

what is Palm ? what is Staro... ? i have no idea :|

I understand you are offended. I would be offended too if this was done to my national symbols. But i do not understand your reaction. That's the negative part of freedom of speech. Even if it is tasteless for some, it might be important for others. See for example the mohammed caricatures.

Thinking about it, the caricature is exactly what it is meant to be: an exagerated description of the situation.

96 people died in air accident , it is not "matter of freedom of speech"

Truly not a nice reaction from the belgian newspaper. However what on earth is wrong with you ?

this who made this picture should be dead and his family should suffer as families of 96 people
You sound like some muslim fanatic going on about the muhammad caricature...

there is big difference

- terrorists who set bomb in name of religion

- people who died in air accident who were not mad killers

there is big difference

- terrorists who set bomb in name of religion

- people who died in air accident who were not mad killers

but you just said that the creator of caricature should be killed and his family should die in a planecrash. No?

Sounds rather extreme and despicable to me.

because they smile of pain of maybe 500 people who lost relative

imagine the same after 9-11, after attacks on metro in Moscov

they should ad least get such high fee that they bancrupt, if they not understand that noone can fun and smile on accident-victim grave

they not understand pain of victims families, they should

i wonder if they smile the same if someone of their family dies in for example car accident ? Toyota parked , nice tree ? Renault shorter ? Peugeot cabrio , where is his head ? Fiat natural burned color ? BMW brain on steering wheel ??? do they do this ?

Edited by vilas

Not everybody protesting against the mohammed caricatures was a terrorist. Not even necessarily muslim.

But you did not get the point. As i understand the picture it is not "Haha, polish eagle has landed! That's funny because the plane crashed" but "The eagle which is a symbol for Poland represents that Poland is upside down because of the loss"

Not everybody protesting against the mohammed caricatures was a terrorist. Not even necessarily muslim.

But you did not get the point. As i understand the picture it is not "Haha, polish eagle has landed! That's funny because the plane crashed" but "The eagle which is a symbol for Poland represents that Poland is upside down because of the loss"

completly not symbol of loss, eagle is turned upside down and half in ground

this caricature deserve strong reaction and i hope it will get such

I hope not. Every customer/reader has the choice to buy or not, which is their right. But a reaction from the attorneys office would be against freedom of speech.

Sorry but i value freedom of speech more than being offended once in a while.

Well I thinks the kind how some west european media treats the deceased polish president and his nationalconservative hardliners is due to the fact that those polish conservatives played the role of the brake block in european politics.

Edited by Beagle

freedom of speech ??? fuck, what sick kind of freedom you want ?

freedom of smiling at victim of crime ? i wonder what would be if such gazette would publish thin of hunger in Hitler's death camp Jew saying "fitness" "care about figure" ???

noone in civilized world laughed at 9-11 victims, at Moscov train metro victims

there must be limit in freedom, other wise for example to raped by pedophile child someone will say "don't you like daddy's dick?"

it is unthinkable that such things are allowed !!!

freedom of speech must have limits:

- when it is lie, not truth (it mislead people like for example "Polish death camps" instead of "German death camps")

- when it smiles of victims of tragedy (people who died in accidents, attacks, raped, murdered etc.)

and conservationists took care about our national interest and we voted for them to protect us against actions of so called "liberals", but this is offtopic (political line of President)

i was among those voters, but this is not important in this case

matter is smiling at victims' tragedy

noone can smile at Jews who were killed by Germans, noone can smile at people who died 9-11, noone can smile at people who died in Moscov since 90s

you can criticizing politicians, their decisions, but you can't smile at victims

many people can criticize Putin in Chechen issue, noone can criticize single person killed in attack on flats, metro

Edited by vilas

As said: i understand the image another way you do.

Of course there are limits to freedom of speech. But being offended cannot be the measure.

Vilas is overreacting. Death for being stupid? What kind of punishment is this? I would probably hit the author into face if I had an opportunity, but wishing someone to suffer only because he's dumbfuck and cannot behave? Kinda barbaric.

Would like to see him paying a year salary for charity instead.

Wishing death upon someone is not how things should go. We should show ourselves to be better than that, unlike the reactions to the caricatures of the Prophet Muhammad and burning down embassies. If we were to have as harsh of a reaction to this as they did to that, we're no better than the savages who did that.

But I do think it was highly disrespectful and at the least the publisher who published it should be required to remove it and apologize.

Overreaction.

I understand the lack of respect and the offense that Vilas feels but I think he better takes that with a pinch of hindsight.

Regards,

TB

@IceBreakr

Staropramen is one of the largest brewery in Czech Republik :p:D

@Vilas you sound like one of those nationalist/fanatics who dont like to think twice before he freaks out. If you cant take it with humor - take it with a pinch of salt.

yes, i have no humor when there is a matter of human tragedy (like people killed by Hitler, like people who died in metro in Moscov)

Mohammad caricature was not nice too, i know some Arabs, i eat in their restaurants (Kebab, Doner) very often, so i don't see them as terrorists , but their feeling were defaced then

but okay, my blood boiled, but now i think that strong fee should be reaction, to pay such high money that they will bankrupt

can you imagine such pictures after 9-11 people who fly from windows "go, go superman" ? of about Nazi camps "we have thin silhouette and we are not overweight" ?

you know , i found once upon a time in internet website when sick bastard shown cut off head of cat (animal) and was jacking-off on such cat

i cannot imagine this is tolerated, probably police found guy who killed cat

we may not like politicians, but not victims of politics

even people who are against Putin politics regarding Chechnya, are feel sorry to Russians who died in Moscow

cause those people are people like we are

---

regarding "nationalism" politics:

man from Brittany cares if UK has good situation man from France cares in France has good, it is natural that we care if our home is good for us

politicians who not care about own country and prefer other country intersts are "bad", not those "who care" :]

before being European, i am Pole, i want my industry, employment, health care, safety system work

cause i live here, i want my taxes to go on things positive to place where i live

it is normal when saying about Kaczynski political line, he cared about "here" other care about "licking asses to get better seat and Brussels salary"

so accusations of nationalism is not here, cause politician is person whom you (voter, tax payer) employ :)

if you employ politician, he must care about you, cause they eat from your taxes :)

Edited by vilas

Hi Vilas, Its the first I hear and see about it, dont know why they printed that, its a shame really! its really over the line , Free speech or not,same for other cartoons.

Il check some belgian papers to see if they pick up on it or not.

ps. Palm and hoegaarden are some fine beers!

I believe you have every right to be angered by such a blatantly offensive and disgusting thing for someone to do, but I do not believe you have a right to kill someone or cause destruction because they did it. Heck, I'm even angry that they'd be retarded enough to do such a thing as this, but I'm not going to go down and burn an embassy for it.

they took it away already after reaction of embassy of PL

but I'm not going to go down and burn an embassy for it

man from Belgian embassy (as example) is not guilty, it was not made by Beligian people, it was made by "few journalists who live in Belgium and issue press"

they should get personal (financial in this case) responsibility for such "humor"

and i repeat, have you seen something like that on WW2 Jews ? 9-11 ? noo, cause they would be sued for big money

i don't say about anger against Belgium :) just like Katyn crime was made by people who were in NKVD, who killed tens much more Russians than Poles

there is personal responsibility for:

- making

- releasing

- issuing this, not stopping this (redactor, boss)

Edited by vilas

Whoever printed this sinister picture is a shameful rat of the human mankind. What a lack of taste and balance with great loss in the background.