Sign in to follow this  
hoz

James "Planck" McNicoll: 1952 - 2010 Rest in peace our friend.

planck_flag.jpg

Today I recieved some very terrible news about one of our beloved members of the community. Planck passed away on Wednesday evening and he will be forever missed.

http://www.ofpec.com/index.php

RIP good friend.

Hoz

Edited by W0lle

:huh:

true veteran of this scene who shall be remembered... condolences to friends and family..

Sad news indeed, He will be trully missed by all and my tought go out to his wife and kids. Rest in peace.

Planck was an awesome dude. I loved chatting with him on skype and working with him on the CWR mod. He had a great since of humor and was a great contributer to the community. He will surely be missed :( RIP my friend, you will always be remembered!

Last Activity: 04-07-2010 09:06 AM

He was online until the last day.Quite shoking, because you can imagine after that, he never woke up

I can't believe it. I'm at a loss for words.

RIP Planck. :(

Shocking and very sad news.

May you rest in peace, my prayers are with you and your family.

Devastating news, my condolences go out to his family, I recruited him myself to become a moderator here and he did an excellent job, I chatted to him a fair bit over the last couple of years and he never complained or let on in any way he was ill, just got on with the job at hand, that to me is the epitome of a hero, no matter what crap the world throws at you, you carry on doing what you love. Respects my friend.

terrible news :(

my heart goes out to your family and loved ones

Moving this to General as he was one of the BIS family.

Farewell bud and rest in piece. I don't pray but I'll say a prayer for you and your family.

Terrible news. :(

I have Asthma, imho there is no more terrifying feeling than struggling to breathe. I am thankful he will have rest from that kind of suffering.

RIP

Sad news :( RIP, my condolences to his family and friends :(

In memoriam to a Legend. Rest in peace, Planck. This ones for you my friend.

5L8-FTvSVxs

To readers: take these 4 minutes to stop doin whatever you do to honour a OFP/ArmA Legend.

My condolences to family. RIP.

Terrible, terrible news. I didn't know the guy personally, but it's truly tragic to hear of something like this in such a tightly knit community.

I was never close to Planck but I have talked to him and seen him around for all those OFP/ArmA years. Its a damn shame for someone from out close community to pass away.

He was even so kind as to answer my question only a few weeks ago (http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=96488). Its strange how someone can be there one minute, and gone the next.

A sad day for the community. Rest in Peace Planck, you will be missed.

Edited by Schancky