Drongo69

Tactical Systems - Command

Tactical Systems - Command (TSC) is a simple command engine for OFP. It is designed to work in SP and MP (though it has not been tested much). Many concepts have been stolen/borrowed from CoC CE and CEX and I admit this freely. However, compared to CE for OFP, I believe that TSC is much easier to use (though less powerful).

tscb2.jpg

New in beta 031:

- Made the Land order for helos give HALT and TRAVEL POSTURE orders to smooth the landing process

- Added a new "Map Mode" for quicker control on the map (use the "Map" order)

- Added some code so that click-selecting mounted units instead select the transport

- Made click-selecting airborne helos possible

- Increased the distance at which AI units go into defend mode from 20 to 50

- Added scripts to make infantry mounted in APCs dismount at a certain distance from objectives

- Added scripts to make infantry mounted in APCs dismount if their group goes into combat mode

New in beta 3:

- Added a Land order for helos

New in beta 2:

- A simple demo mission (@TSCdemo.Eden) using the new objective/AI scripts

- Cosmetic changes to the dialog

- Rudimentary enemy AI, able to capture objectives and share information

- Scripted objectives and a simple game-mode that relies on them

- Red warning markers now appear on the map near friendly units that are taking losses (disappear after 30 seconds

- Preferences file (TSC\Preferences.sqs) so that TSC\Init.sqs need not be edited

- Added an option to require radio weapons to use the dialog

- Added a seperate script so that only certain groups can use the command dialog

- The dialog can be accessed by using radio 0,0,0 (this is mostly so that it can be accessed in camera or map mode)

Requires:

OFP 1.96

Drongo's Air Support

USMC Symbols

Tactical Systems - Command (beta 31) (~84.5kb)

Feedback is much appreciated.

Edited by Drongo69
  • Like 1

Very interesting package. Given spare time, I will have an in-depth look into it.

I understand that You want to make a package where both bluefor and opfor can play with humans and controlled AI squads on both sides. Or am I mistaken?

If that is so, than this enhancement will have a very placed position in the OPF addon world!

wuschel

Well, I don't know what am I doing wrong, but as soon as I hit the "COMMAND NET" action, my game crashes to desktop. Happened in the demo mission included in the archieve. I have everything installed correctly - USMCsymbols.pbo, TSCmenu.pbo and DASmenu.pbo in the addOns folder. I tried running the demo mission from my user/missions folder, by the mission editor and the SP missions folder, by the single player mode but I always got the same result. :confused:

Do you have the latest version of DAS? Maybe I need to release an update.

Try this.

Hmmm, perhaps I missed an update too... :P

Just play tested with the latest DAS, and it is very impressive with lots of potential.

Great job Drongo !

oh wow we gotta check this out....

edit:

i just read the readme but i don't understand even though we won't control the enemy ai we're supposed to put the code into their leaders too? so you put the code in friendly and enemy ai?

Edited by BronzeEagle

Yes, the enemy squads require the same script to be run. This is so your own squads can report contact with them (and so the scripts can track them with markers). AI and scripted objectives will come later.

Basic use

=========

For each unit you wish to use, exec the following script in the init line of the leader:

[this,"A",""] exec "TSC\AddGroup.sqs"

Where "A" can be:

"A" = Armour, "I" = Infantry, "M" = Mech, SO = SpecOps"W" = Wheeled, "S" = Sniper, "J" = Air, "H" = Helo

The entry after that is either "T" (meaning Transport unit) or any text (usually "").

This script will work for friendly or enemy units of West, East or Resistance side.

but do i still need to give my enemy ai waypoints to make them patrol and respond accordingly or is that all taken care of with the enemy ai?

Edited by BronzeEagle
  • Like 1

Yes, you still need to give enemy units waypoints etc. At this stage there are no scripts that change AI behaviour.

i also encountered a minor bug in the camera option once the camera turns off it like takes the camera back to the start position and freezes the image. Another thing is i really don't see the difference between helo, helo transportable and air, cuz i mean with the options on the device they all perform the same anyhow. my troops never mount helos when ordered.

Edited by BronzeEagle

sorry for double posting but i think another thing you can do is to declare a radioman "R" unit where the radio messages will be played off his body after each command and when he is dead the command net goes down with him or something. personally i think the command net along with ww4 is not a bad idea, IF, the radio dies with the radioman.

What if someone is using DAC Zones for random contacts?

I'm using CE2 v1.22 and dying to try something new :)

Yes, the enemy squads require the same script to be run. This is so your own squads can report contact with them (and so the scripts can track them with markers). AI and scripted objectives will come later.

Dang .. that's a pretty sweet set up

I see it being used a lot easier then CoC .. but that's me

And yes the error of the Camera ... But knowing that its a beta testing to find all bugs ..

But I am 100% sure Drago69 is on it to be fixed.

I have a new version almost ready for release. It has a better alternative to the camera problem, and some other fixes as well.

@ BronzeEagle: The new version has an option to require a radio weapon to access the net. It's not the same thing as you said, but it's a bit similar.

@leondus: I will take a look at the DAC code and see if there is a way to include the groups.

now wait drongo, the codeblue radio weapon is built into the model, how will it detect the code blue radio men?

It won't.Drongo's referring to radio weapons,such as used in WGL.

Not the physical representation of a radio.

damn if there were only some way around it macser, please make sure the 2.0 units radio man is not built into the model.

The first post has been updated with the new version. Changes:

New in beta 2:

- A simple demo mission (@TSCdemo.Eden) using the new objective/AI scripts

- Cosmetic changes to the dialog

- Rudimentary enemy AI, able to capture objectives and share information

- Scripted objectives and a simple game-mode that relies on them

- Red warning markers now appear on the map near friendly units that are taking losses (disappear after 30 seconds

- Preferences file (TSC\Preferences.sqs) so that TSC\Init.sqs need not be edited

- Added an option to require radio weapons to use the dialog

- Added a seperate script so that only certain groups can use the command dialog

- The dialog can be accessed by using radio 0,0,0 (this is mostly so that it can be accessed in camera or map mode)

Out of sheer curiosity I wonder,

will TSC have any functionality that help with controlling larger groups, for instance Company or Battalion size formations? What I mean is the implementation of two or three level hierarchy structure.

Regards ,

wuschel

The system does not have the option to control at such a level. I am thinking of adding an "all" channel, so that a single order can be given to all units, but command structure is beyond what I plan to do.

Thanks

@leondus: I will take a look at the DAC code and see if there is a way to include the groups.